Film / Ms 45
A 1981 movie directed by Abel Ferrara
that tells the story of a mute seamstress, Thana (Zoe Lund
), that is brutally raped twice in one day and snaps. She goes on a killing spree in New York City; shooting any man she encounters with a .45 caliber pistol.
This film has the examples of:
- All Men Are Perverts: Virtually every male in this movie tries to come on to Thana or her co-workers. At least, that we see through her eyes.
- Bottomless Magazines: Thana never reloads, never purchases additional bullets after taking the gun from the second rapist, and never runs out of ammunition.
- Does Not Like Men: Thana. Understandable, since she was raped twice by men.
- Kick the Dog: Literally - Thana mistreats her landlady's dog quite badly.
- Meaningful Name: "Thana", the name of the Villain Protagonist, is derived from the name for the Greek god of Death, "Thanatos". Thanatos can also refer to the term coined by Sigmund Freud, which refers to death instinct in humans.
- Rape and Revenge: Thana is raped twice in one day, and then becomes a vigilante.
- Sanity Slippage: At first, Thana only kills men who attempt to take advantage of her. Later, as she loses more of her sanity, she kills any man unlucky enough to be near her.
- The Speechless: Thana. Although she screams when she is stabbed in the back by Laurie. And her only word is "sister", before she falls down dead.
- Unreliable Narrator: It's not clear how much of what we see after the rape scenes is real and how much is filtered through Thana's mental collapse.