Literature / Glass Slippers
The Glass Slippers Saga is a novel series written by Louise Sanders and Nicole Arthur. This series makes use of many, many, many fairy tale and supernatural motifs. The authors are currently in the process of turning this current web-novel series into an actual selling novel series on shelves, making edits and revisions for the publishing process.
The story itself focuses on central protagonist, Vienna Madrid, as she enters college at the mysterious Beaudine University. While studying there, she discovers that the school, its students, and even she herself are not everything they seem to be...
The first story in the series, can be found here
. The sequel to Glass Slippers, Poisoned Apples, which is much Darker and Edgier
than the first story can be found here
. And the third novel in the series, Little Marionettes, which is as of yet incomplete, can be found here
Glass Slippers itself is also available in an ongoing radioplay form here
. Currently, only four episodes have been released, and the fifth is in production.
The Radioplay Contains Examples Of:
- Adorkable- Ryo. Oh dear Lord, Ryo.
- Reide serves as this for some.
- Animesque- The artwork which serves as the visual aid for the show.
- Art Shift- Often, for more cute or comical scenes, chibi art is used in place of the normal, fairly realistic Animesque art.
- Also, with the addition of other artists to the staff, you notice a distinctive shift in styles.
- Bifauxnen- Whether Vienna qualifies for this or Tomboy is up to interpretation.
- Bishōnen- Way. Too. Many. Characters. To count.
- Cold Open- The opening to the first episode qualifies as this, though each subsequent episode opens in media res.
- Death Glare- Ryo gives "the dirtiest looks" ever seen when he's upset.
- Depending on the Artist- The art for the episode stays fairly consistent, but whether it's done in color or black and white, pencil or pen, etc, is entirely dependent upon which of the directors is drawing the art for the episode.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French- Lady Jolie fits this trope to a T.
- Evil Sounds Deep- Three of the likely villainous characters in the Cold Open, Amon, Mammon, and Asmodeus, fit this trope.
- Derian also fits this trope.
- Facepalm- A very common reaction of Vienna's to the actions of those around her.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf- Victor, when he's humming as he gardens.
- Hopeless Suitor- Leonard for Lady Jolie.
- Hospital Hottie- Nurse Grace. Wow. Just- wow.
- Love Interest- Victor is getting set up as this.
- Moment Killer- Derian's sudden entrance into the semi-sweet scene with Leonard's thoughts not only kills the mood- it kills the MUSIC.
- Mr. Fanservice: Leonard serves as an in-universe example.
- Musical Spoiler- Even before The Reveal to the audience regarding Victor's... condition... There's a subtle hint for those who watch Vampire Knight: the music that plays when he's in scene is Zero Kiryu's theme.
- School Uniforms Are the New Black- Vienna is rarely drawn outside of her uniform, as most of the first few episodes take place at the University.
- She Cleans Up Nicely- Vienna, most definitely.
- Something About a Rose- Victor seems to have a lot of roses on-hand in episode four. Justified, given he's the school garderner.
- Squee!- The general reaction Leonard produces from the opposite sex. Vienna is not impressed.
- Zettai Ryouiki- Vienna has this when she's wearing a skirt.
Glass Slippers the web novel contains examples of:
- Aloof Older Brother- Derian is this to Leonard.
- Apathetic Teacher- Professor Brown. Oh so very much.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension- Depending on your set of shipping goggles, Ryo and Vienna qualify for this one.
- Michael and Nurse Grace, definitely.
- Big Eater- Reide Glutao.
- Bully- Ryo comes off as this- more because of his utter BLUNDERING with talking to people.
- Chivalrous Pervert- Michael (AKA Ale) comes off as this.
- Cool Old Lady- Grandma Lucille.
- Curse Cut Short- "Headmaster Frionel is a very frugal bast- *cough* MAN."
- Dark and Troubled Past- Victor looks like he has one of these.
- Deadpan Snarker- Vienna. Holy crap, Vienna.
- Professor Brown's a good example of this as well.
- Digging Yourself Deeper- Vienna in episode two when speaking to Leonard at lunch. Leads to an absolute Crowning Moment of Funny. Which also comes back to bite her in the ass in episode three...
- Embarrassing Nickname- Vienna doesn't particularly care for Victor calling her 'Strawberry'.
- Foreshadowing- "You're not worried about vampires?"
- Also from Victor, "How do you kill a really old, really powerful vampire?"
- Gratuitous French- Victor makes use of it in the novel. Justified, since he's from France...
- Hair-Trigger Temper- Ryo has one of these, it seems.
- I Want Grandkids- Or, rather, great-grandchildren, since it's Grandma Lucille.
- Overprotective Dad- Vienna has one.
- Stranger in a Strange School- Vienna starts thinking she's this after a few days at Beaudine University. She has no idea how right she is...
- Suspiciously Specific Denial- "I'm NOT a pervert!" Suuurrreee you're not, Ryo...
- Tempting Fate- "Would it kill the powers that be to make my life just a little more interesting?"
- Tsundere- Vienna seems to be one of these, losing her composure a bit when some of the men in the cast flatter her. Complete with Luminescent Blush!