is a Let's Player
Jbizzo got his start on Youtube uploading videos of his friends and Guitar Hero
videos, which have since been taken down
. He primarily plays Nintendo
games, mostly Wii games with a few Gamecube and N64 ones thrown in. What is notable about him, is that he has over 1200 video uploads and more than 30 completed games, and has yet remained in obscurity.
Occasionally, he is joined by his friend, Prometheusmfd
Games Jbizzo49 is currently playing:
Specials Jbizzo49 has done:
Games Jbizzo49 has completed:
Games Jbizzo49 currently has on hold:
His videos provide examples of:
- The Abridged Series: His short-lived Super Mario with an Attitude, which has since been taken down.
- Accidentally Accurate: In-universe; during Other M, Prometheus made several jokes that ended up describing plot points.
Prometheus: Goddammit, I'm trying to make a fucking joke here, Other M! Let me have these!
- Alternative Character Interpretation: In-Universe, Jbizzo was prone to voicing Toad as a stoner.
- Angrish: Jbizzo for the entirety of his Metroid: Other M playthrough, with Prometheus really showing it at about part 13.
- Berserk Button: Neither of them are fond of Metroid: Other M.
- Prometheus can't stand the lack of fanfare in that game when retrieving items in the Morph Ball.
- Butt Monkey: Quite a few jokes are made at Prometheus' expense.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Both Jbizzo and Prometheus question Prometheus' grasp on reality.
- Corpsing: Prometheus is prone to this, seemingly for no reason. Jbizzo less so.
- The Ditz: Prometheus when he's not acting like a Cloudcuckoolander.
- Insistent Terminology: Linearity Pervasiveness, as most games, regardless on how much they are a Wide-Open Sandbox, has some degree of linearity.
- Jump Cut: Used and lampshaded whenever it happens.
- Late to the Punchline: During Other M, Jbizzo keeps cracking jokes about Clone!Ridley, not caring to wait for the reveal. Prometheus reportedly didn't get the joke until long after they had finished the game.
- Laughing Mad: Prometheus, oh so very much.
Prometheus: You haven't taken much damage so far, have you?
Jbizzo: Oh, that will change. [cue laughter, eerily like Prometheus']
- Long Runner: He's been going at it for nearly 4 years, at 1,200 videos.
- Milestone Celebration: He did a 1000 video special (Uploading videos 1000-1005) of Mario Kart: Double Dash with Prometheusmfd.
- Old Shame: Everything prior to his Sonic Colors playthrough was recorded with a camcorder aimed at his television screen. He is not proud of this fact.
- Phrase Catcher: "Damn you, TvTropes!" is a common one, but a playful one as they are both One of Us.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Between Jbizzo and Prometheus, Jbizzo is the calmer one, less likely to break out laughing or sing along with game music. On the other hand, Prometheus has shown he's not able to get nearly as angry as Jbizzo can.
- Running Gag: In Other M, whenever Samus was being slowed by water, Jbizzo would slow down his voice.
- Schedule Slip: They did a monthly blog for about a year, but now they only appear sporadically.
- There was almost a year break between parts 41 and 42 of his Ocarina of Time playthrough.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here: Prometheus keeps stumbling across plot points until Jbizzo just says "I give up" and audibly drops his headset, leaving the room for a couple minutes.
- Self-Deprecation: His Mega Man X playthrough is titled "Let's Play Mega Man X... Horribly"
- They both crack jokes on the quality of their commentary, as well as Jbizzo's use of a camcorder to record games in the past.
- Frequently, they'll mention Iowa being a boring place.
- Shout Out: Jbizzo occasionally makes them. Prometheus is far more likely.
- Those Two Guys: Rarely do they appear in other people's videos, and rarely do other people join them.
- Two Gamers on a Couch: Their commentary feels like this, despite them being half a continent away from each other.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: A light-hearted, one-sided example.
- Vocal Evolution: Both due to the fact that he started in High School and continued into his 20's, and the fact that his commentary has become a lot more entertaining.