, real name Jay Trott, is an English Let's Play
video maker. His best known content revolves around using soundboards, in a series formerly called "The Celeb Gamer", although the name has since been dropped in favour of simply "X Plays A Game". Unlike most other Lets Players, a lot of his content focuses on being a Troll
to other players and strangers, albeit mostly in good fun; most of the humour comes from people that don't get the joke, or funny soundboard phrases being played at good times. He also does prank calls, although they are less well known. While Jay is hardly the only Youtuber to do this, he is one of the better-known channels in this regard.
Jayuzumi presently has around 320,000 subscribers. His Twitter account is found here
This gamer provides examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: Some people find it difficult to pronounce his name, with "cider dude" calling him "Micuzumay" in the middle of an angry rant.
- Actually Pretty Funny: Some of the players he runs into, while getting annoyed at the soundboards in general, will acknowledge if he does a good joke, even if they're the butt of it.
Other player: (starts laughing)
- In "Jay from Inbetweeners Plays Modern Warfare 3", viewable here, a player calls in a care package and goes into a corner to make sure he doesn't get crushed by it. Jay immediately rams him in and gets joined by another player, causing all three to be crushed. The player who loses his care package and dies is laughing like a hyena, as opposed to raging like you'd expect.
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: Given how "cider dude" made up most of "Bad Violin Trolling", he was quite possibly plastered.
- Black Comedy Rape: The episode based off Jay from The Inbetweeners used soundclips to refer to this.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Jay may be an utter troll, but he is very good at video games.
- Combat Pragmatist: When not trying to troll, Jayuzumi is ruthless.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: In "Bad Violin Trolling", "cider dude"'s constantly angry attitude and shouting for Jay to shut up just made him continue.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Discussed without a hint of irony in "Crying Baby". After the noise keeps playing, some of the (teenage) people playing start commenting about how they want to kill the baby or smack it really hard. While there is some degree of ambiguity as to whether or not they'd do it for real, it's still slightly chilling.
- Dreadful Musician: "Bad Violin Trolling" forces the other players to put up with this.
- Epic Fail: Lots, mostly from the other players.
- While a lot of Jay's failures are deliberate, he has, on occasion, screwed up genuinely. An example would be in "Cleveland Brown Plays Call of Duty: Ghosts", where he successfully manages to massacre most of an enemy team... and then falls to his death.
- Most of the players that get stuck in corners really aren't paying attention.
- Evil Laugh: "Arnold Schwarzenegger Plays Black Ops" uses this after Jayuzumi gets multiple cross-map tomohawk kills.
- Genre Blindness:
- Some of the people being trolled just make it worse for themselves, by angrily shouting at him to stop or sending him furious messages. Many times they're told by more savvy players to mute, ignoring the sound advice and just digging themselves deeper.
- Considering how trapping people in corners is so infamous, the amount of people that fall for it is staggering.
- Genre Savvy:
- Jayuzumi knows just how to push certain buttons, either to make people laugh or to confuse them.
- During "Bad Violin Trolling", one player immediately says he's muting Jay after the titular instrument starts playing, and starts encouraging the others to do so, rather than just report him.
- The videos have become so popular that a few people catch on and realise that somebody's just using a soundboard.
- The Hyena: Most of the people that get the joke start laughing their heads off.
- Hypocritical Humour:
- The "Bart Simpson" episode had a child tell Bart "shut up, you're so squeaky". Said child had clearly not gone through puberty himself, and it really shows.
- It happens again in "Despicable Me Minions Play Ghosts" after a kid accuses Jayuzumi of being four years old- again, with the kid being younger than 18 (the legal age to buy Call of Duty: Ghosts in the UK).
- Insane Troll Logic: The first victim of "Bad Violin Trolling" chose not to mute Jay, instead choosing to report him, which took longer and left him listening to the abuse for longer. He did this because he believed that the complaint would go straight to Microsoft's offices and get him banned instantly. Really, dude?
- Irony: During "Bad Violin Trolling", a player accuses Jay of being unable to play Call of Duty: Ghosts and having given up. During this time, Jay has amassed a rather large kill streak.
- I Shall Taunt You: The soundboards are used for this purpose quite a lot.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Some of the people being trolled really have it coming. Most of his targets are poor sports, campers, rude keyboard warriors, and in some extreme cases outright racists / religious bigots. Homophobic people are often victims of his pranks as well.
- Prank Call: Some of his lesser known videos, again using soundboards. They now make up a larger chunk of his content, which fits since he started out that way.
- Serious Business: Generally, Jay runs into gamers with this mentality a lot, albeit moreso in Call of Duty than in Battlefield.
- Silent Snarker: Jay never says a word, but the soundboards allow him to snark at other players indirectly.
- Suicide as Comedy: Mainly as a result of Yet Another Stupid Death.
- Troll: Makes up a significant amount of his content, both in-game and out.
- Unfazed Everyman: While many people can't take the joke, some people have virtually no reaction to a fictional character pranking them, such as when Peter Griffin calls them up and spoofs the Taken speech.
Leisure Games: (after having listened to the rant) I'll take the watch, thanks.
- Unsportsmanlike Gloating: If you're an enemy and you get killed, you'll likely be on the receiving end of this.
- The Voiceless: Played With. Jay does not speak himself, but uses the soundboards to circumnavigate this.
- Yet Another Stupid Death: Happens constantly, with Jay often dishing them out as much as he is on the receiving end.