"Hey there everyone! Ari Zonia here!"Ari Zonia is a small time Let's Player that started her Let's Play career October of 2012While the channel is still small, most of her inspiration for the channel's content comes from ProtonJon and Chuggaaconroy. Her content is usually very lighthearted and silly with hints of trying to make her LPs minor walkthroughs. She gained a small bit of popularity after recording an episode of her Let's Play — and then appearing on a livestream —with ProtonJon.While her channel's primary focus is Let's Playing, she does branch off to other media such as Speed Draws and Miku Miku Dance videos.She also has some collaboration videos with her close real life friends, as well as a blind Let's Play of games that were bought off Steam or given to her by friends.
— Ari Zonia, with her signature intro.
Ari Zonia's Ongoing Let's Plays:
- Super Mario Galaxy 2: First project started in October of 2012
- EarthBound: Blind with ShiningDarknessGames
- Super Paper Mario: Versus with ShiningDarknessGames
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Games Ari Zonia has Let's Played:
- Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games: Collab with LPRoxie123, CJJacobCross, and Amaya
- Rayman Origins: Collab with LPRoxie123, CJJacobCross, and SpiritDancer1
- FTL: Faster Than Light: Another vote-based LP
- Huniepop: A "special" Ari plays for the month of her birthday
- Organ Trail: A viewer vote based LP
Her Let's Plays and other videos provide examples of:
- Accidental Innuendo: During Golf With Your Friends a lot of her commentary, and everyone else's, is basically this. What do you expect out of a game with balls, holes, and stroking? This is Lampshaded of course but that's not a deterrent.
- Angrish: She devolves into this during Organ Trail Round 2 towards the end of the second episode because both PBG and Josh got measles and a bandit stole some of her already limited fuel. Lampshaded at the end of the episode with "Percent of Angrish: Up 95%" in the endcard.
- Art Evolution: Those that have searched through her DeviantArt profilenote , or have watched her for some time, will easily notice how her art style has changed over the years. Works from 2012 and prior sometimes don't even look like they were done by the same person when compared to art posted in 2014.
- Ascended Fangirl: During the The Runaway Guys stream on December 9th, 2014 she was frequently making jokes in chat and getting the guy's attention with her antics. Especially when she subscribed to ProtonJon and Chuggaaconroy had a minor flip-out from recognizing her name
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Her name is an obvious pun off the U.S. state of Arizona. Bonus points to her since Ari is an actual name. Doubles as a Meaningful Name for her as well.
- Big "NO!": She has one of these in Organ Trail when she missed the shot she had to take and this resulted in Shulk's death
- Big "WHAT?!": Her exact reaction when a kitten found in Organ Trail is categorized as food.
- Boom, Headshot: In Organ Trail Round One, Emile, Shulk, and Aria die by that way
- Captain Obvious: She mentions early on in Organ Trail Round 1 that her voters liked to state the obvious fact that Dunban "has one arm" when she put up a poll asking if it was the smartest idea to trust him with a shotgun. Made funnier when "Future Ari" puts in text saying out of the votes between "Yes" and "He has one arm" only three were for "No"
- Department of Redundancy Department: During Organ Trail Round 2, and sometimes other videos, she will state the same sentence over and over, just with different words.
- Downer Ending: The ending to Organ Trail Round One comes off this way as everyone but Dunban is dead and Dunban was bitten by a zombie, has 'green flu', and has almost no health left
- Yet another during FTL Round one after she reached phase three of the Rebel Flagship Her ship got blasted apart due to being overwhelmed and her weapons not being strong enough to keep the missiles at bay
- FTL Round two ended like this. Somehow in a worse manner than the first.note
- Five-Man Band: In Universe for Organ Trail based upon the personalities of the five survivors
- Foreshadowing: The death of Emile in Organ Trail just screams that things are just going to go downhill from there on out.
- Force and Finesse: Ari and Roxie are basically foils of one another despite being best of friends. While Ari tends to know what she's doing so and acts stylish while doing just to show off, Roxie rushes in head first and somehow ends up doing pretty well.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Usually played straight, avoiding swearing or saying it quietly to not draw attention. Averted in Organ Trail where she turns into a MissSwearsALot
- Groin Attack: She preforms one of these in Organ Trail Round 2 when she shoots Josh in that area, thus killing him because he kept messing up her supplies
- Insistent Terminology: In Super Mario Galaxy 2's World 6 she always refers to the Melty Monster Galaxy as Melty Molten Galaxynote . She doesn't notice until after recording but doesn't edit it in post. No one else seems to notice. Not even ProtonJon, however; it's justified since he hadn't played the game since it was new.
- Laughing Mad: In the finale of FTL Round two she devolves into this because her ship was getting literally torn apart, a crew member burned to death, and the entire ship was pretty much on fire. This was only in phase one of the fight.
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: During the fifth round of Organ Trail Tim found a kitten and Ari accepted the notion of the team keeping it, perhaps as a pet. Only for it to say "10oz of food collected". Not only did this render her speechless for a good fifteen seconds, her reaction once she finally finds words once more is pretty solid and the incident is never spoken of again.
- Ari: Let's just pretend that never happened.
- Meaningful Name: "Ari Zonia" is very clever pun on the state of Arizona, where she hails from. For the people that are familiar to her deviantart, "Ari" stemmed from a nickname of a character she produced to represent Arizona for the Axis Powers Hetalia fandom. "Zonia" came later when she started Let's Playing to provide a short nickname.
- Million-to-One Chance: During the poker night stream with ProtonJon, she talks about the one time she managed to win six rounds of blackjack in a row with either 21 or blackjack, against five other people no less.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The "Ari Plays" teams seem to be this way since the names are voted upon from an original list of sixteen to be narrowed to five.
- Organ Trail;
- Round 1: Ari herself, Chuggaaconroy, ProtonJon, Shulk, and Dunban
- Round 2: JoshJepson, PeanutButterGamer, Reyn, Riki, and Luigi
- Round 3: Princess Zelda, Samus Aran, Kumatora, Lucah Jin and Masae Anelanote
- Round 4: Melia Antiqua, Yosuke Hanamura, Super Jeenius, ACFan120, and Tom Fawkes
- Round 5: Stephen and Mallory Georg, NintendoCapriSun, Dark Pit, and TrevorBlade
- FTL: Faster Than Light;
- Round 1: Chuggaaconroy, ProtonJon, Shulk, MasaeAnela, Lucahjin, Reyn, SuperJeenius, and Melia, who had replaced the Male Robin
- Round 2: Dunban, Ari herself, a friend of hers named Dylan, Magnus, Gaol, Sharla, Alvis, and Inigo[[note]]She had Nowi from FE:A but was quickly replaced by Inigo
- Organ Trail;
- Running Gag: Most of the descriptions of Ari's FTL videos have some variation of "in space no one can hear you (insert relevant joke in the video). Some examples include:
- "let's play"
- "make horrible decisions"
- "fuck up"
- "scream and beg for mercy"
- (Special variation) "In space no one can see shit through this fucking nebula"
- Shout-Out: During the earlier half of Super Mario Galaxy 2, and in most of her Collabs, she tends to mention either the memes or actual names of other Let's Players she watches. She tends to heavily reference The Runaway Guys, who were her main inspiration for starting her channel.
- She still likes to do that in her "Ari Plays" videos where the members of her team are frequently named after Let's Players
- Tempting Fate: She frequently does this in Organ Trail by talking about things that could possibly happen, like boss fights while scavenging or asking how things could get any worse when things go From Bad to Worse for the survivors.
"Until then, see ya!"