Image Links: Nightmare Face
Warning: Due to the inherent nature of this trope, do not view these images if you are prone to losing sleep. View at your own risk.
- One has to wonder how the citizens of Termina stay sane with this◊ looking down on them at all times.
- The infamous face◊ from Inland Empire.
- The Observer from Tribe Twelve is SO happy to see you◊!
- The Yume Nikki FACE: ◊
- The Spoony Experiment's... thing◊.
- "And when they pulled the driver's body from the twisted, burning wreck, it looked like...THIS!◊
- Whatever happens... WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY, RIGHT?
- Brought to you◊ by Jacob's Ladder.
- Gwynplaine, The Man Who Laughs.
- And, similarly, Mr. Sardonicus◊.
- BILBO WANTS HIS PRECIOUS◊
- When you see K of From the New World, you'll shit bricks.
- Eva-01 just had a bit of a bad day, that's all.◊
- The Thatcher Effect. *Shudder*...
- The Joker demonstrates.
- Joker demonstrates again.◊
- My heart goes out to the children that were most likely traumatized by that face.
- The Joker again◊, for the New 52, where his face is removed and worn as a mask, held on by straps and hooks. This image is toward the end of the story where the face is beginning to decay. This one is one of the covers.◊
- Needs more◊ Steven Moffat.
- A Memetic Kill Agent◊
- The only remotely scary thing◊ in Lechuza.
- Alucard... Dear◊ GOD!◊
- LUIGI, I GOT TERMINAL SEVEN. THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, LUIGI.
- ...or else you will DIE!◊
- NOT TAKE MIRROR!◊
- Ren's faces have been cranked Up to Eleven in Adult Party Cartoon, and this is by far possibly the worst example◊.
- ...as BOYS!!!◊
- WE WILL WAIT FOR YOU NO MORE
- The minds behind Rugrats and Rocket Power give us a reason to turn the TV off after the credits.
- HI GIRLS!!◊
- NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS◊.
- This◊ is the true, canon, Spengbab.
- Vos' favourite method of torture.◊
- This◊ beautiful young lady appears in House on Haunted Hill (1999).
- You're not even safe from nightmare faces in cute games like Animal Crossing. Forget to save while you're on the train, and not only do you lose all your items and money, but you get this as a face for the rest of the play session◊.
- Abysscorn, a face Mermail Abyssdine displays while devouring a hapless victim in the Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG
- Raoul Silva: "Look upon your work, mother."
- "Just sit back at relax, WHILE I EAT YOUR BRAINS!!!"◊