- "My grandfather's work was DOO-DOO!"
- When Frederick stabs himself in the leg with the scalpel, the way he pauses and looks at it sticking out of his leg, then "casually" puts his other leg up to obscure it and act as if nothing is wrong.
- The scene on the front steps of the castle with Frederick, Igor, Inga and Elizabeth. The entire film crew was laughing so hard they had trouble shooting it.
Frederick: Igor, will you give me a hand with the bags?
Igor: Soitenly! You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the toiban! RAWWWR...
- On the DVD featurettes, you can see at least half a dozen failed takes of this scene where everyone cracks up.
- "What knockers!"
- "Oh! Thank you, doctor!"
- The Puttin' On the Ritz' duet. It's pure majesty.
- Gene Wilder's dance after the light explodes and he tries to convince the monster to resume dancing. "Are you trying to make me look like a fool!?"
- "AAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII...ain't got no-bohhhoody, and nobody cares for me. Yakka ta ha..."
- "Eye-gor!" "Froderick!"
- The switch in the lab marked "The Works".
- Frankenstein's journal on reanimating dead tissue is titled, simply, "How I Did It".
- The fact that Marty Feldman kept shifting his Igor (EYE-gor) hump around inspired an ad-libbed joke from Gene Wilder: "Didn't you used to have that on the other...never mind."
- "No!...No, stop it, I won't say it!...No, I don't believe in fate...No...All right, I give, I give, I'll say it!! DESTINY! DESTINY! NO ES-CA-PING THAT FOR ME! DESTINY! DESTINY! NO ES-CA-PING THAT FOR ME!"
- PUT... THE CANDLE... BACK!
- Inspector Kemp is a walking CMoF, though perhaps his best moment is the dart scene. "Nice grouping."
- The fact that he has a monocle over his eye patch.
- And of course his nigh-unintelligible accent.
Kemp: *calmly* Wallowing in 'is grandfather's footschtops. Footschtops, footschtops!
- "Would you like a roll in ze hay? Roooooll, roooooooll, roll in ze haaaay!!!!"
- "Walk this way. (demonstrates with walking stick) This way, walk this way."
- "Werewolf?" "There wolf. There castle."
- "Ooohhh, sweet mystery of life, at last I've found yooooou!"
- Gene Hackman's blind hermit.
- "Wait! Where are you going? I was going to make espresso!"
- And before that...
Hermit: Wait! A toast...tooo friendship! [smashes his mug against the Creature's too roughly, breaking it]
Creature: *rolls his eyes in annoyance*
- The monster's reaction to him pouring hot soup in his lap.
- Then when the hermit lights the monsters finger instead of his cigar, the monster first nods as if to say "yep, might have known" before screaming and running out of the hut.
- The charades scene. "SEDAGIVE?!" Even better in that The Monster and Fronkensteen give each other an Aside Glance at that particular guess... while The Monster is choking his creator.
- "I suggest you put on a tie!"
- The Running Gag of FRAU BLUCHER! (Dramatic thunderclap, horses whinny in fear).
- Especially Eye-gor just popping out and shouting "Blucher" (*WHINNY*) to make the horses freak out, and Marty Feldman's impish grin.
- In The Musical, the horses whinny when she just mouths her name.
- Frederick tells the others not to let him out of the room while he's there alone with the monster, no matter what. Naturally, the instant the monster wakes up..
Frederick: Let me out, let me out of here, get me the hell out of here. What's the matter with you people?! I was joking! Don't you know a joke when you hear one?! HA-HA-HA-HA! Jesus Christ, get me out of here! Open this goddamn door or I'll kick your rotten heads in! Mommy!
- 'Y'know, I'll never forget my old dad. When these things would happen to him, the things he'd say to me..."
- The best part of that is when he nods at the end, like it was a pearl of wisdom.
- The Monster's Aside Glance after he and Helga run out of petals to throw in the well, and she asks, "What shall we throw in now?" Yeah, he's seen that movie too.
- "You haven't even touched your food." "There. (mashes the food with his hands) Now I've touched it. Happy?"
- Frederick and Igor are digging up a grave:
Frederick: What a filthy job!
Igor: Could be worse.
Igor: Could be raining.
[Dramatic Thunder, followed immediately by torrents of rain.]
- Even funnier, Frederick give Igor a look that says "You just had to say that, didn't you?".
- "Now, let us all go to my house for a little wine, a little spongecake- [the monster accidentally pulls Kemp's wooden arm off] Und shit! [regards his arm for a second, then dramatically points to the door with it] To the lumberyard!"
- You know how funny this movie is? According to the commentary, Mel Brooks had to stick a handkerchief in his mouth when filming most of the scenes so he wouldn't ruin them by laughing from behind the camera. He had to do the same for the entire crew.
- Meta joke: Apparently someone was watching this on Netflix, which inexplicably got the subtitles to Lilo & Stitch on it. Netflix soon responded that the issue had been fixed.
(Screenshot of Lilo using Stitch like a record player speaker)
Caption: Frau Blücher?! (deranged neighing)