- Hey, It's That Guy!: Herr Falkstein was the last film role played by beloved character actor Richard Haydn, who was (among many other parts) Uncle Max in The Sound of Music and the Caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland.
- Tell anyone who hasn't seen the film that Gene Hackman is the blind hermit and they won't believe you.
- Roger Bart, the original Carmen Ghia (and later one of the follow-up Leo Bloom actors) from The Musical version of The Producers is Frederick in The Musical version of Young Frankenstein.
- Andrea Martin of SCTV fame is Frau Blucher and vamps up the role in The Musical for the song "He Vas My Boyfriend."
- Broadway actress Sutton Foster takes the Inga role in The Musical, and would later do Thoroughly Modern Millie and Anything Goes for Broadway too.
- Many younger viewers should recognize the monster, played by Peter Boyle, as Frank Barone.
- Lesser-known example: the sadistic jailer who mashes the Monster's Berserk Button one time too many (scaring him with lit matches) is Oscar Beregi, who played the sadistic Nazi who receives a suitably karmic punishment in the Twilight Zone episode "Death's-Head Revisited".
- In a deleted scene, General Burkhalter reads the old Baron's will.
A lot of the laboratory equipment were Kenneth Strickfadens original props from the 1931 Frankenstein.