YMMV: Young Frankenstein
- Crowning Music of Awesome: From The Musical, "Life, Life" really stands out as a genuinely dramatic and impressive number among all the silliness.
- Cult Classic: It has managed to get historical and cultural significance several years after it was made
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Most of the cast were already members of Brooks' Production Posse, but this is the film that introduced many Americans to Marty Feldman.
- Magnum Opus: Was a big hit when it came out, and is still considered a comedy classic. For Mel Brooks fans, either this or Blazing Saddles is his best work. In the commentary Brooks states that he thinks this is not only his best work, but the best for many other people respects.
- Most people also consider this to be Gene Wilder's as well.
- Memetic Mutation: This is where the Dramatic Chipmunk music comes from, when they first look up as the castle.
- Also, I dare you to listen to a normal version of "Puttin' On The Ritz" without doing an impression of Peter Boyle as the Monster.
- Like many of Brooks' films, it's a massive Fountain of Memes.
- Misaimed Marketing: Somehow, the "Puttin' On the Ritz" number turned up on the kid-targeted Anastasia Sing-Along/Anastasia's Music Box Favorites video. The clip itself doesn't have anything too inappropriate, but woe to the parents of any children who asked to watch the whole movie after seeing this clip...
- Nightmare Fuel: The Mood Whiplash of the corrupt policeman who tormented The Monster with fire For the Evulz
- One-Scene Wonder: Gene Hackman as the blind hermit.
"Come back! I was going to make espresso!"
- The cruel policeman who tormented The Monster with fire while he was imprisoned, and unlike most of the story, it's played very dark.
- Tear Jerker: See Soundtrack Dissonance; the music is incredibly moving.
- Also, The Monster's speech after Frederick's personal sacrifice. Of course, there's Mood Whiplash afterward with Inspector Kemp.
- The DVD commentary. Brooks starts crying during the credits over all the friends he has since lost.