Funny: Over the Hedge
Verne: (Death Glare at RJ) You're the devil.
- "Get real Kevin! Cuz when you feel like a dirt bag, that's because you're a dirt bag. Just say it out loud, just own it! Say 'I am a dirt bag.'"
- RJ mouthing the lines...
- "Dirtbag? I don't think that guy's a real doctor."
- During the climactic van scene:
Baby Porcupines: Hey, no fighting while we're driving! We will turn this van around, mister!
(Beat)Lou: He started it.
- When asked if they know how to drive the van:
Baby Porcupine: Just like Auto-Homicide 3.
(a little later)
Baby Porcupine: (pointing at pedestrians) Bonus points!!!
- "But I like a cookie..."
- (on top of the roof) I got the cookie!
- The Depelter Turbo
- And right before that, the animals have Hammy drink a lot of caffeine. When he goes out to activate the Depelter Turbo, everything is frozen because of how fast Hammy is actually moving, thanks to the caffeine.
- After RJ's weedhacker story, Hammy's sympathetic reaction, including the aghast and amazed looks he shoots Verne.
- Steve Carrell really nails Hammy's lines.
Hammy: Scary clown!
- "Less claw, more pad!"
- RJ's "Food" monologue is the stuff of legend.
"The human mouth—is called a 'pie hole'. The human being—is called a 'couch potato'."
- After the gang is chased out of Gladys' yard and back to the hedge.
Verne: SEE?! That's what I was talking about! These humans don't want us around!
RJ: So we scared her and she overreacted! No biggie!
Verne: "No biggy?" "No biggy?!" That is exactly what we call a biggy.
RJ: C'mon, think about the food! It was worth it for that food! That stuff is to die for.
(Ozzie faints; Heather rolls her eyes)
RJ: Let me rephrase that, please.
Verne: No. "To die for." You nailed that part. Look, maybe our little forest life seems primative to a guy with a bag.
Verne: But I think I speak for all of us when I say that we want NOTHING to do with ANYTHING, that's over that hedge!
(He and the others begin to walk away)
RJ: Oh come on. You haven't even tried doughnuts yet. You wanna store some fat, that is the way to store some fat. You'll be sweating through the winter!
(they don't listen)
RJ: Okay, okay you guys sleep on it. Good idea, I'm gonna check back with you. [to himself] Shoot! Almost had 'em.
- William Shatner's brilliant rant on the OTH version of Rockin' the Suburbs.
Hi, sorry to bother you, the name's Bill. I live just across the street - yeah that's right over there. No, no not that house, the one next to it with the extra flower bed. Oh, and here's all your papers from the last few days, they were just piling up on the driveway where the whole neighborhood could see them. Not that that's a problem of course but that and the grass being a little overgrown might give someone the impression that you Were out of town and you wouldn't want that. I've got to be going shortly to a little class I've been attending I just... no, no, no, no not pottery or anything like that it's uh... an ANGER MANAGEMENT class. Actually, and speaking of that very class they've been emphasizing finding some common ground With people before you confront them to avoid becoming violent, you know? Well, actually we do have a few things in common - here could you take these papers? They're getting my suit wet! - and as I was saying we do live on the same cul-de-sac, that's common ground and I believe we actually have the same house plan, except the reverse, your garage is on the left and mine's on the... NO, it wasn't me that dialled 911 at 6:31pm Wednesday about your son's noisy rock band! Anyway it's about your dog, and of course about our garbage and the neighbor's garbage can... (increasingly angry) No, I'm sorry it is your dog who's been strewing garbage around the block and I have digital evidence complete with red eye reduction which I will e-mail to you to prove that it is in fact your dog! Now, I should warn you that I have a black belt in in karate, too and I'm certainly don't mind using it if necessary! No, not on you, ma'am, ON YOUR STINKING DOOOOOOOOG!!!
- Everything with Stella. What can you expect from Wanda Sykes
Stella: "Why does everyone think I need a man, huh? I look like a nest and smell like a swamp. So when you find a fella who's decent, good with kids, and has no sense of smell, call me!"