Funny: One Piece: Grand Line 3.5
- Their very first play-through of One Piece:
GM: A pirate ship! Enemy Attack! Enemy Attack!
Sailor 1: I roll for initiative! 16!
GM: They haven't boarded the ship yet!
Sailor 2: I use my grappling hook!
GM: Why-No! Just go look for the Captain.
Sailor 1: Good Idea. We can kill the Captain and take the ship.
GM: I meant your Captain.
Sailor 1: That's who I meant.
- When Natalie first appears in the story:
Nat: I poke my head out the door and look around. Do I see anything?
GM: You see nothing.
Nat: I step outside.
GM: As soon as you step outside, you notice Alvida's ship pulling alongside the ship.
Nat: This is the same ship you told me about?
Nat: I run back inside.
Nat: With my trusty zip-line, I make my way across the crystal blue ocean below. As I do this, I ponder about my predicament. I worry about the people back home. [...] With cat-like reflexes, I land gracefully onto Alvida's ship. [...] I stealthily and gracefully sneak about.GM: Suddenly, someone steps out the door next to you! It's one of Alvida's men!Nat: I kick 'em in the balls! ... Gracefully.
- Shortly afterward:
- When Luke first appears in the story by popping out of a wine barrel:
Nat: Wait hold on. You were inside that barrel the whole time?
Nat: The barrel made for holding wine.
Luke: Uh huh...
Nat: The completely sealed barrel that had to be broken open?
Luke: That's the one! Anyway, I was probably sleeping in there and didn't notice someone was sealing it up.
Nat: I get it now.
GM: You do?
Nat: Luke's playing an idiot.
- When Cory's character was about to be killed:
Alvida: Are you prepared to 'DIE', Coby?
Luffy: Dun Dun Duuuun... wait I thought Cory wanted to die to get a new character?
Alvida: ...Are you prepared to be KNOCKED OUT?
Luffy: Dun Dun Duuuun!
- When entering the tavern:
Cory: I immediately search for traps.
GM: Not this again...
Cory: Damn, got a 4.
GM: We're in a tavern.
Cory: Taverns can have traps.
Luke: One way to spot a trap is to look for an adam's apple.
Cory: ...I stop searching.
Cory: Oh c'mon! You let Luke play his character and he's just as if not more overpowered than mine!GM: Luke actually came up with a name and a backstory for his character.Luke: (as Luffy, blithely smiling) I was raised by owls!
- The expressions in the screencaps (such as Luffy's deadpan one above) top off these exchanges.
- The GM uses skittles to represent Mooks. Cue this during the second arc:
Cory: Hooooly Crap. The GM just opened up three bags of skittles.
- Luffy Vs. Mohgi
GM: Look, you got cover bonus for the bars, okay? But he's likely to either hit you or miss the cage. Unless I roll an 11 or 12.
GM: Who cursed my dice?
- Under the inexperienced Phil's control, Usopp's introductory lies become him misreading the GM's horrible handwriting. Doesn't help that he's also screwing with him:
- This exchange, after learning that Luffy and Zoro ate a month's worth of food in a day:
Phil: Don'tcha think the amount of food Luffy and Zoro are eating is kinda unrealistic?
Cory: Hey. Back. Picked up three buckets of KFC, tacos, some burgers, hot pockets, Doritos, and half-off sushi. Oh, and those ten bags of Skittles you asked for, GM.
Phil: Holy shit.
- After Kurahadol shows up and insults Usopp's father, the others try to help Phil by putting words in his mouth.
DM: You guys are a bunch of idiots. On a seperate note, can anyone here do a good Tyson impression?
- Luke fits Luffy REALLY well.
- Any time Luke needs to make an important diplomacy check he pulls out his special dice. Cue the newest player going "WHY IS IT ALL ONES??!??"
Luke: (as Luffy) HEY CLOWN!!! WHY YOU SUCH A CLOWN?!
- Prior to getting that die, he took the simple expedient of putting a d20 on the table with the 1 facing up.
- Luke hitting Buggy's (and the GM's) Berserk Button with a sledgehammer thusly:
- Cory failed on his navigation rolls so bad that he ended up on a whole other island.
Cory: I have a swim speed, so that's actually kinda plausible.
- "... And then Sanji starved to death and became an undead skeleton!"