Funny: Disney Theme Parks
"Everybody's got a laughing place. Maybe this one is yours!"
— A vulture seen just before the climb to the big drop on Splash Mountain
- The Haunted Mansion warrants its own page.
- The Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World features some pirates who are, quite frankly, drunk off their asses. You can even hear them butchering the theme song in places.
- The adventures of Push, the talking trash can.
- Honey, I Shrunk the Audience highlights:
- When the ceremony begins, an illuminated sign reading "Inventor of the Year Award" drops from the ceiling. Wayne crashes into the sign with his Hoverpod and knocks out most of the letters in such a way that only "Nerd" can be lit.
- After Nick (miniaturized along with the audience) calls up to Diane that his pet python is now slithering loose, she passes out with a thud. Dr. Nigel Channing bends down into view to ask: "She didn't land on anyone, did she?"
- The whole business with Adam picking up the auditorium to "show the little people to my mom!" And the very delicate process of putting it back exactly where it was before ("Otherwise the exits won't line up!"). Also a Great Moment for Disney Imagineering thanks to the wonderful swaying effect throughout, the work of a specially-rigged floor.
- The punchline: Wayne gets the audience back to size, but in the process... "I blew up the dog!" The curtain closes on the chaos, but then Quark pokes through it and sneezes on the audience!
- In It's Tough to Be a Bug!, Flik having to apologize for the termite's act going awry: "I hope none of you guys are allergic to acid..."
- In Star Tours: The Adventures Continue:
Darth Vader: We know you have a Rebel spy on board!C-3PO: Why, that's preposterous! I've never seen that man/woman before in my... (turns around and realizes that the spy is one of the riders) ...oh dear.
- During the "Vader" opening:
- At the end of the "Naboo" ending, C-3PO tries to land the Starspeeder into a hangar but has no idea where the brakes are. He ends up making the ship smash directly into a Naboo ship, with the tip smashing through the window and into the audience. The pit droid on the ship is not happy about this.
Made even better by his comment when the pit droid falls off. "No I did not give you permission to come aboard."
- Any video featuring the Mad Hatter and Alice or any character from Alice in Wonderland around the parks.
- Chewbacca gets stuck to the windshield at one point.
- At the Royal Theatre, a comedic duo known as Mr. Smythe and Mr. Jones performs plays of Tangled and Beauty and the Beast with help from Rapunzel, Flynn, Belle, and Lumiere. Hilarity Ensues. For starters, Rapunzel refuses to let down her hair because it takes forever to braid, and Mr. Smythe assures Belle that Mr. Jones doesn't need any stage magic to act as dumb as Gaston.
- Goofy Visits Disneyland in The Art of Vacationing, 2 and a half minutes of pure genius, exactly what you'd expect from the clumsy dog himself, and a mascot one no less.
- Some captains of the Storybook Land Canal Boats will give an explanation as to why Monstro the Whale acts like a tunnel. Apparently, he sneezed so hard, his ass blew right off.
- Darth Vader Goes to Disneyland. The updated Star Tours hadn't opened yet, though, so Lord Vader and his Stormtroopers try to find ways to kill time until then, to the accompaniment of a twinkly remix of "The Imperial Theme".
- This video of the villains celebrating Halloween.
- Like the movie that inspired it, the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough ends with a storybook showing a picture of Aurora dancing with Philip, while wearing a dress that changes colors between pink and blue. Unlike the corresponding scene in the movie, you can actually hear the fairies argue, "Make it pink!" and, "Make it blue!" as the colors change.
Magic Kingdom (Walt Disney World)
- A good part of the humor of Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, comes from whoever they pick as "That Guy".
"Wow, that's great. That's a great use of your ticket."
- Footage of Roz saying, "The less you laugh, well, we might not have enough power to open the exit door." (forced laughter ensues)
- The screens showing people who are seated with captions like "WILL TREAT EVERYONE TO CHURROS" and "HAS NO IDEA WHERE HE IS".
- One show had a kid who was playing a game on his phone instead of actually participating in the show. The performers had a field day with this.
- There was a show where a parent in the audience FELL ASLEEP. Needless to say, it was open season...
- This girl challenges Gaston to an arm-wrestleing contest, and wins..
- In October 2015, the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular show brought the Sanderson Sisters back to "the living world" for the first time in 22 years, and allowed them to meet several of the other Disney villains. Highlights include:
- Winnie asks Sarah and Mary to hand her a spell to brew a "Hocus Pocus Party Potion". They struggle to find it, until Winnie finds it wrapped around Mary's dark chocolate candy bar (which Mary refers to as the only type of candy she likes). Later, some chocolate smudged on the spell causes Mary to misread an ingredient as "farous mares", until she licks it clean to reveal the phrase, "nefarious nightmares".
- Sarah fawns over Dr. Facilier, when he arrives to deliver the first ingredient, "sinister shadows". When he starts singing "Friends on the Other Side", the sisters wonder if their mother became one of those "friends".
- Winnie eventually worries that she can't finish the potion, because the spell calls for "Frightful Friends" to lend their powers, and she has no friends. Sarah and Mary call themselves her friends, but she reminds them, "We're sisters. I have to like you."
- As the sisters sadly prepare to leave with their potion unfinished, Maleficent suddenly appears, furious that someone else would throw a party without inviting her. They immediately bow and apologize to her, until she finally agrees to help them gather more ingredients. Cue a cavalcade of villains, each delivering a prop from his or her movie, parading onto the stage.
- For the finale, Winnie leads all of her new "Frightful Friends" in a performance of "I Put a Spell On You". After she sings, "Now the witch is back/And there's heck to pay", she slyly winks to viewers who still remember the less-kid-friendly version from the movie.
- This story.
Epcot (Walt Disney World)
- On the final ceremonial ride of Epcot's World of Motion (the predecessor to Test Track), the ride broke down. The GM executives on the ride had to walk to the exit.
Disney's Hollywood Studios (Walt Disney World)
- The original Soundstage Tour had a segment demonstrating bluescreen techniques in which kids were picked from the crowd to ride the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids bee. After the finished scene is played back, the video reveals it's being critiqued by Siskel & Ebert, who give it a rave review — especially for the acting!
- The original Magic of Disney Animation Tour's opening film, Back to Neverland, featured Robin Williams getting turned into a Disney animated character three years before Aladdin and put into the world of Peter Pan two years before Hook. When Tinkerbell sprinkles him and host Walter Cronkite with pixie dust, Robin comments "Ooooh, she's so bright...It's like being in the presence of Barbra Streisand!"
- Superstar Television, which put audience volunteers in Chroma Key scenes of television then and now, had all sorts of funny moments, but the two best were probably:
- The opening credits of Gunsmoke reveal a new cowboy hero: A baby on a rocking horse!
- Neil Armstrong taking his one small step on the moon is marred by the accidental appearance of...the cue card holder, who flees for their life when they realize their mistake!
- At the kickoff show for nighttime celebration Villains Unleashed, Hades delivers a Take That at the Frozen Summer Fun campaign.
Well, sorry that my Hades Hangout seems to have thawed the Frozen stage! Oops! My bad! I guess all you Frozen fans will have to let it go! For the first time in forever, you won't have to hear that song tonight!
California Adventure (Disneyland Resort)
- In Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Mater himself gives the ride instructions before boarding. In English, they're hokey and fun. In Spanish, they become downright hysterical, thanks to Larry The Cable Guy's utter mangling of the Spanish language.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- In the ride Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars you can see a bear scratching his back(which bears are known to do) against a lever which, depending on your personal and mental POV, is placed too low (down near his rear end) and looks like he's having a bit too much fun; there's also a father bear and his bear cub trying to cook salmon they caught — with dynamite.