open/close all foldersGeneral
- Ema's obsession with Snackoos.
Ema: Quiet. It is snack time now. MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH
- Apollo's constant exasperation with Phoenix and Trucy is always worth a laugh, too:
Phoenix: Consider it a birthday present, Trucy.Trucy: Thanks! It's great! But... ...today isn't my birthday.Phoenix: ...Hmm. Good point. ...What day is it today, Apollo?Apollo: Huh? Today? Um... I think it's "Recycle Your Plastics" day...Phoenix: Then, it's a Recycle-Your-Plastics present.Trucy: Yippee! So it's plastic!Apollo: (I've given up trying to understand them. It's much easier that way.)
Case 4- 1 (Turnabout Trump)
- Kristoph performing Chunky Updraft with dishware and a lobster.
- Apollo meeting Phoenix:
Phoenix: "So, you're..."
Apollo: "Fine! I-I'm fine!"
Phoenix: "Ah... Mr. Fine, is it?"
Phoenix: "I did remember you having an odd name."
Apollo: (Well, we're off to a great start.)
- This moment:
- After Olga testifies about the card game, the judge becomes surprised at the possibility of gambling in the Borscht Bowl Club. Olga's response?
No money. Just game. Must be hard for capitalist to understand.
- This conversation.
Wright: (about the locket he's wearing) It's a locket with a picture of my daughter in it.Apollo: I'm surprised to hear you have a daughter.Wright: Yes, most people are when they hear about her.
- In the demo version, Apollo actually loses his voice because of all his yelling.
Apollo: OBJECTION! You don't know if Mr. Wright has something to h...ide...! Huh?Kristoph: What's wrong, Justice?Apollo: Er, um... M... My... voi... ce. ...'s..... ....go...ne.Apollo tries speaking and objecting, but no sound comes out.Apollo: (Just great...)Kristoph: Oh, Justice. If only you had taken my advice to practice vocalization in moderation.
Case 4- 2 (Turnabout Corner)
- Everything pertaining to the panties. Especially the judge's reactions whenever a pair is pulled out.
Judge: "What!? More panties!?"Klavier "How many panties are you carrying in your pocket, Herr Forehead?"
Trucy: I can still remember that moment... You brandished those bloomers on high, and shouted... "Objection!"Apollo: ...Here's what I want you to do, Trucy. Take that memory, gently lock it away deep in your heart, and never speak of it.
- Especially when you use it as your final, decisive piece of evidence!
- Try looking back at the trash during the second investigation for this snippet of dialogue:
Phoenix: But as a father, I have to wonder why you're still carrying around Trucy's panties in your pocket.Apollo: (Ack!)
- When you present Trucy's panties to Phoenix on the second day, he'll congratulate you on finding them.
- Wesley Stickler. He is pretty much the younger and male version of a certain Oldbag -I mean, old lady that has been haunting the entire series since game one. His cross-examinations are some of the most interesting ones in the game. Like for example:
(Wesley rants on...)Apollo: Th-That's enough! Enough. I get the idea.Judge: Mr. Justice! The court hopes to finish cross-examination sometime this month.Klavier: Please. I've got a recording booked after this trial.Trucy: And I've got a show to perform.Apollo: (Gee, sorry you're all so busy!)
Wesley: I went to the grocery store to try the free samples.Wesley: ...It's a very spiritual time for me.
- And this snippet:
- Speaking of Oldbag, when you reach the outside of the park, you can see an officer fighting to pull her down from the wall surrounding the park. Taking a closer look at the scene treats you to the officer telling Oldbag the park is a crime scene and therefore off limits to the public, with Oldbag loudly proclaiming that she can walk wherever she pleases. Apollo and Trucy wisely choose to pretend they haven't noticed the exchange.
- There's this little beauty:
Apollo: I'm a lawyer. I live for needless procedures.
Apollo: There's a dragon painted here. It's got a fierce look on its face, as if to say, "abandon all hope, all ye who enter here." Don't worry, Mr. Dragon. Hope and I haven't been on speaking terms for a while now.
- And another, if you examine the mural on the Kitaki's wall:
- During the second day in court, when asked to present evidence that connects the first witness to a clinic in question, presenting the wrong evidence causes Klavier to take the honor of giving you a penalty...with a guitar solo.
- "OBJECTION! Th... That's just dumb!!"
- While investigating:
Apollo: Alita Tialita is Wocky's fiancee!Trucy: That's one "ita" too many, Apololo!
- Shortly after that, Apollo thinks about who had access to "Wocki Kitaky's" medical chart. Trucy reads his mind.
Trucy: You got the "I" and "Y" wrong, Appolo!
- Presenting Trucy with her own panties after finding them leads to this conversation:
Trucy: The are the highlight of the show! People come from far and wide just too see my panties!Apollo: You... might not want to advertise it like that...Trucy: ...?
- When Klavier asks you for evidence that someone was hiding in the noodle stand, you have the option to refuse. Well, sort of.
Apollo: You want evidence that someone was in that stand...? Well, too bad!Klavier: .............Apollo: ...Kidding! Just kidding! I've got it!
- The following exchange, after winning:
Alita Tiala: My only mistake was hiring you. I figured that if anyone could have gotten Wocky found guilty, it would have been you.Apollo: *disgusted face*
Case 4- 3 (Turnabout Serenade)
- "Tell him I said 'Hi'... Oh, and 'Screw you'. "
- A Funny Background Event during the song near the beginning of the chapter, with Lamiroir singing after seemingly teleporting from the stage to another part of the theater... and Klavier trying to put out the fire on his guitar.
- Daryan Crescend's Villainous Breakdown, in which he flails his Anime Hair like mad while supplicating for Machi not to rat him out.
I'll buy you a house made of cookies! I'll buy you a house made of pianos!
- "'Logical'? I do not think this word means what you think it means, Herr Forehead!"
- When you get to Klavier's office, try examining his display of guitars both when he's there and after he leaves. It's too good to describe in words.
- Another example at Klavier's office: when you examine the massage chair, Klavier begins to explain what it is, and Trucy cuts across him. He then falls silent and when Trucy asks him what's wrong, he says he just realized that it's useless to try talking about it.
- The Rockers Smash Guitars conversation is hilarious partly because Klavier says he treats his guitars like lovers. He's possibly just joking, but it's still funny.
- In Lamiroir's dressing room, Apollo looks at a police recruitment poster. Trucy suggests that it's designed to make the reader think that "Police" is the name of a band. Apollo replies. "That's just silly. Who would name a band "The Police"?
Trucy: (commenting on the room) It'd be cooler if they turned that red light on.Apollo: ...They don't have to turn on the red light.
- In Turnabout Serenade when you examine the headset on the floor of the corridor, finally it is added to the Court Record.
Headset attached to TrucyTrucy: 'Attached'!? I'm not some kind of robot, Apollo!
- Apollo and Ema's Snackoo exchange in the middle of the courtroom:
Klavier: And you're sure the shots came from Lamiroir's room?Apollo: Yes, absolutely.Ema: Hey, I'm the one being cross-examined here! Here, this will keep you quiet! *ka-tonk*Apollo: *grins sheepishly* Ah, thanks. So...MUNCH...how about it...MUNCH...Ema?Ema: We were right...MUNCH...there. Hard to be mistaken about that...MUNCH.Judge: Please, either talk, or eat. Not both at the same time!
- Klavier's sulking during the case. He's introduced as this calm-and-cool prosecutor, only to see him getting pissy about his bad day and the performance being off despite only him noticing. Amusing and adorable.
Klavier: No one here had a motive to kill him and certainly not in such an elaborate fashion.Ema: Unless our famous prosecutor did it as a publicity stunt.Klavier: Wh-What did you say?(Crowd chattering)Judge: Prosecutor Gavin! You did this to promote your song!?
- Speaking of sulky Klavier, it's extremely amusing to see Ema being able to get a rise out of him during the first court day, considering how difficult it was to break through his relaxed grin in case 2 (even if you refute his claims with strong evidence, he appears completely cool with it!)
- Then you find out that Klavier wasn't upset over the fact that Ema implied that he was the murderer, but rather he found it ludicrous that anybody would think his band even needed promotion.
- Apollo's take on Valient's exit from the Wright Anything Agency
Apollo:And with a whirl of his cloak and a wink of his eye... he turned and walked through the door... Normally.
Case 4- 4 (Turnabout Succession)
- After she gets better from being poisoned, Vera Misham does a few sketches. The first one is a cute picture of Trucy. The second one... is just Apollo's Idiot Hair.
Trucy: She really captured your essence, Apollo!
- "The witness will refrain from pausing suspiciously!"
- Examining the desk with the flowers and the picture frame in the front-left corner of Kristoph's jail cell yields a pretty amusing conversation. Phoenix thinks that Kristoph is talking about the flowers being important to him, until Kristoph reveals that he means the dog in the picture.
- "Mr. Justice! Do you object to the length of a second?"
- Valant's outbursts, particularly in court.
- Near the start, Ema's been using a new spray she recently acquired in her investigation.
Trucy: I think I get it. You just spray this stuff on something you want to test, right?
Ema: Precisely! You can find even the slightest trace of poison with this!
Trucy: I wanna try too, Ema! Pretty please?
Ema: You don't have to ask twice! ...I already used it on everything suspicious, of course.
Trucy: Yay! Let's give it a whirl, Apollo!
[Spraying sound effect]
Apollo: Aaaaugh! What are you doing?!
Trucy: I was just seeing if I got a reaction off of you.
Apollo: How's this for a reaction: never do that again! I'm not poisonous!
- During the flashback trial, some of Phoenix's inner monologue is pretty humorous.
Phoenix: ([The Gavinners] debut single was only 2 minutes and 15 seconds long? What a rip-off!)
- During the flashback, it's possible to get a penalty for "excessive perspiration."
Phoenix: (But it's a cold sweat, your honor...)
- Correctly suggesting that Drew Misham was a "fake clue" prompts Klavier to object and say "...Congratulations. You've completely lost me."
- Apollo internally making fun of Brushel's Verbal Tic/Catch Phrase of "end quote."
Apollo: Attorney Utterly Confused, end quote.
- When the Judge does the "end quote" thing himself, Apollo (again internally) remarks that Brushel is a bad influence on him.