2003 film starring Gina Gershon
as an aging punk musician. Also stars Drea de Matteo
and Lori Petty
Contains examples of:
- Asshole Victim: Nick YMMV, but rather than have him arrested, it might be Disproportionate Retribution to tattoo Rapist on his forehead and dump him on the street
- Big Brother Worship : Sally began playing drums because of her brother, Animal (named for the Muppet).
- Bury Your Gays: Faith dies in a car accident. Averted in that Sally and the bisexual Jackie are fine.
- Older Than They Look / Hollywood Old : Examined and played straight. Jacki is 40 and "chasing a teenager's dream" of being a rock star. Some of the drama hinges on her being older than her bandmates and depressed because she never made it as a rock star. However, Gina Gershon (who was 40 at the time of filming) looks better than a lot of 25 year olds.
- Rape as Drama : Tracy's boyfriend's rape fantasies and his assault on Sally. Also the basis for their song "Every Six Minutes."
- The Rock Star : Subverted. Jacki went to LA to pursue her dream and never made it.
- Riot Grrrl : Mentioned in a discussion between Faith and Jacki.
- Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll : Lots of all three.
- The Woobie : Sally