An early foray by Trey Parker and Matt Stone
into the realm of feature films, Orgazmo is a movie about a Mormon missionary who gets recruited by the evil Maxxx Orbison to take part in a cheesy pornographic superhero action/adventure/porno starring Orgazmo, the superhero who fights and uses his Orgazmorator to stun evildoers with orgasms. The moral scruples of Joe Young cause Maxxx to use a stunt cock - a double for the missionary - in penetration scenes, leaving him the acting... and some softcore porn. Soon he is introduced to his sidekick to be, Ben Chapleski, AKA Choda Boy, a PHD from MIT with a laboratory in his basement who only does porn because women don't take him seriously but in porn, he gets some action. But trouble comes when the owner of their favorite sushi bar is forced to give up his restaurant by thugs, prompting Ben to give Joe a REAL Orgazmorator...
A very corny movie rated NC-17 by the MPAA, one of many causes of Parker & Stone's long battle regarding censorship, the movie is only extreme in that it has a lot of dildo on-screen - indeed, the sex scenes in this movie are much less extreme than what appear in many PG-13-rated movies, and are largely played for laughs.
- Affectionate Parody: Of both pornographic and superhero movies.
- And This Is for...: After shooting Orbison with the Orgazmorator several times, backing him up to the pool, Choda Boy figures he's had enough. Joe hesitates, then decides "one more for Jesus".
- Badass Preacher: Joe Young counts as he preaches Mormonism and knows how to fight. He's also well skilled with the Orgazmirator.
- Back Blocking: Early in the film just as a porn actress is about to be revealed naked a porn actor's ass walks into frame, obstructing our view.
- Bound and Gagged: Lisa is Chained to a Bed and gets tape on her mouth, too.
- Catch Phrase: "Now. I don't wanna sound like a queer or nuthin.' but -" It's the face he makes after that really makes this a catch phrase.
- Chained to a Bed:
- Chekhov's Skill: Hamster Style Kung Fu.
- Clark Kenting: No one is ever fooled by the main characters' superhero costumes.
- Crouching Mormon, Hidden Badass: Joe Young's skills at hand-to-hand combat are why he gets his job.
- Damsel in Distress: Maxxx Orbison decides to kidnap Lisa, Joe's fiancee, to ensure that Joe continues to play the part of Orgazmo. Guess what Joe and Ben decide to do?
- DVD Commentary: Trey and Company get drunk and watch the movie, and while they don't get as wasted as they did on the Cannibal! The Musical commentary track, they do include this fun Drinking Game: take a drink whenever anyone says "Jesus Christ", "Heavenly Father", or "Orgazmo". You'll get significantly sloshed.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: "The Ass-Fuck Twins" note
- Fan Disservice: Despite all the talk about porn in this movie, there are no actual sex scenes and the naked male ass is seen more often than any other R-rated piece of anatomy. And then there's T-Rex.
- Give Me a Sign: Joe asks a figure of Jesus for a sign that he shouldn't act in a porn movie. An earthquake happens. Joe looks around for a moment, then asks again for any sort of sign.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!:
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Orbison.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: Naturally, after prefacing his comments with "I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin'...", everything that Dave the Lighting Guy says becomes increasingly homoerotic.
Dave the Lighting Guy: I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but you got a really nice ass
Joe Young: Thanks...
Dave the Lighting Guy: (Smacks Joe's ass)
- I Am Not Spock: In-Universe, Joe insists he is not Orgazmo, but hurt his cupcake and he becomes the titular hero.
- I Know Kung-Faux: Choda Boy and his Hamster style kung fu.
- Jerkass / Smug Snake: Orbison and his nephew, A-Cup.
- Jizzed in My Pants: The effect of the Orgazmorator. On both men and women.
- Knocking on Heathens' Door: The intro of the film, and how Joe Young ended up getting into the porn business.
- Latex Perfection
- Lewd Lust, Chaste Sex: All of the sex scenes are far from explicit and are played for comic effect and yet we get to see Joe and Lisa, our two resident devout Mormons make out. With tongue involved.
- Madonna–Whore Complex: Interestingly applied to males as well as females. With the sole exceptions of G-Fresh, the owner of the sushi bar and those who regularly harass him in an attempt to run him out of his own business, every character of any importance is either involved in the porn business or a devout Mormon.
- Meaningful Echo: "Looks like he's sleeping with the fishes, see?"
- Money, Dear Boy: In-universe: The reason Joe gets involved with porn acting in the first place. He wants to marry his fiancee, Lisa, and apparently, their temple charges a hefty fee for performing sealing ceremonies. Also, Lisa wants to have a nice place when they're married.
- One Steve Limit: "There are many Jeffs in the world, and many Toms as well. But I... am Sancho."
- Precision F-Strike:
- Running Gag:
- "I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin'..."
- STUNT COCK!
- "Jesus!" "Where?"
- Save the Princess: See Damsel in Distress above
- Sequel Hook: The movie ends with Orbison learning he needs to have his testicles removed thanks to being hit with the Orgazmorator too many times having given him elaphantiasis, and him cackling maniacally that he's going to become Neutered Man and defeat Joe Young.
- Shout-Out: A couple to Dickens' A Christmas Carol and some others to Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman
- Show Within a Show: In-universe, it becomes so incredibly popular it gains mainstream appeal and children's toys are made based on the characters.
- Shown Their Work: A lot of in-jokes from the porn industry show up. For example, porn people apparently eat a lot of Pop Tarts.
- Spandex, Latex, or Leather: In the Film Within A Film, they wear spandex. In their genuine superhero personas, it's latex.
- Spiritual Successor: The Book of Mormon, the Broadway musical that Trey Parker and Matt Stone later wrote, which also focuses on the inner conflicts of a Mormon missionary.
- Two minor characters in Mormon are given the names Elder Young and Elder White, the names of the protagonist and his companion in Orgazmo. They don't get paired up, though (Young gets paired up with Elder Grant and White with Elder Smith), so it may be coincidence.
- That Poor Cat: Choda Boy's cock rocket sparks a lot, flies off-screen, and apparently hits a cat.
- Those Wacky Nazis: Joe claims his character, who Lisa thinks killed himself (Joe lied and said the movie was an adaptation of Death of a Salesman), was actually killed by the CIA for selling smack to Nazis.
- WTH, Casting Agency?: In-Universe: Orbison seems to have no qualms in hiring a devout Mormon to star in his porno movies.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Lisa, Joe's Purity Sue fiancee, gives Joe one of these when she finds out that he's been acting in porn movies.