open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Pokémon episode "Get the Show On the Road". Professor Birch does this when he grabs his 3 Pokeballs off his table to help Ash.
- In Pokémon: The First Movie, during the clone battle, the clone Blastoise was pushing the real one against the wall and the back of his shell filled the screen.
- Case Closed/Detective Conan
- "Illustrated Murder". A police officer's back fills the screen some while he was preparing to tie fishing line around an intercom to copy the murderer's trick. He moves aside to reveal it in place.
- In the movie The Fourteenth Target, While Conan saw someone on a motorcycle with a crossbow in a crack in Dr. Agasa's house, Dr. Agasa soon enters the screen blocking him and Conan's reflection.
- Episode 488 "The Devil of the TV Station", happens 2 or 3 times with Professor Agasa while Conan is using him to solve the case. The camera starts at the back of Agasa's head, then pans down to Conan behind him.
Film — Animation
- Cats Don't Dance. Wooly the Mammoth does this when he hands the dizzy Danny and Pudge his peanut tea.
- In The Lion King 1˝, Timon is in the middle of one of his "look beyond what you see" moments when he suddenly recoils and exclaims, "Hey! How am I supposed to look beyond what I see, beyond that?" From his POV, we see a backside view of Pumbaa. Pumbaa apologies and moves aside, revealing the ravine where the wildebeest stampede from the original movie took place.
- In the 2000 movie Monster Mash, Frankenstein, or Frank, halts some loose heads and heads and asks for a rematch, walking towards them and filling the screen with his back.
- Robots played this for laughs when Madame Gasket busts into the room where Ratchet was having a massage. When he asked her how she got in, she says that she knows how turn up in places. When she moved away, Ratchet saw how she got through: She made a hole through the wall.
Film — Live-Action
- Done oddly in Kung Fu Hustle: When Sing and the mute girl meet each other in the denouement, the camera spins around the two; when the girl passes through the camera and obstructing Sing's view in the process, suddenly Sing turns into his younger self.
- Early in Orgazmo just as a porn actress is about to be revealed naked a porn actor's ass walks into frame, obstructing our view.
- Early in the party segment of Weird Science, one of the party goers blocks the view of the buffet, and when he moves aside a few seconds later, all of the food has been eaten.
- The final shot of Following is Cobb standing in a crowded street. Someone walks in front of the camera, and once they pass by, Cobb is gone without a trace.
- In Alfred Hitchcock's movie Rope, at least every 10 minutes, Hitchcock ends a shot by panning to a character's back blocking the entire screen, then begins the next shot by panning away or when they move aside.
- As part of Mark Henry's entrance, the camera starts behind him to highlight just how big he is.
- Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends episode "Camp Keep a Good Mac Down". Eduardo does when after he swat all the bees attacking Bloo, and he reveals Bloo covered in bee stings.
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius:
- "Beach Party Mummy" Jimmy, Sheen, Carl, and Cindy were crowding around Libby to give her a makeover. Carl was the one mostly covering up the screen.
- "Win, Lose, and Kaboom" At one point when fighting Meldar's robot army, the camera pans over to the right until April's mother's back fills the screen. Then the camera zooms out from, Meldar's assistant, Vandana's back.
- The Simpsons episode "Bart the Murderer". Fat Tony fills the screen as he and his boys corner Principal Skinner in his office and Skinner asks how they got past the hall monitor.
- In "Much Apu About Nothing", Apu is about to point to Springfield on a wall map, when Bart enters and blocks the whole scene with the back of his head.
- What's New, Scooby-Doo? episode "Big Appetite in Little Tokyo". When a bunch of angry Japanese villagers are crowding around the gang, once of them in a light grey shirt fills the screen.
- Danny Phantom episode "Public Enemies". When Danny is captured by Walker after he walks in to a fake town meeting, one of the many flying ghost guards fills the screen with their backs.
- Rugrats episode "Word of the Day". In the very beginning there is a huge round figure that fills up the screen. Then the camera zooms out to reveal it's the back of Tommy's head blocking Angelica's view of the TV.
- The Garfield Show episode "Guest From Beyond". Eddie Gourmand's cameraman's back fills the screen while Garfield is narrating the Back Story.
- Tom and Jerry Tales episode "I Dream of Meanie", Tom's back fills the screen when he grows bigger after coming out of the lamp.
- Dexter's Laboratory episode "Quackor the Fowl", after the bell rings at the next day of school, the camera pans to the left from Dexter's teacher, Mr. Luzinsky's back to Dexter and Mandark.
- Jackie Chan Adventures episode "The Dark Hand" Tohru's back fills the screen as he gets to Uncle at his desk and takes him.
- Taz-Mania episode "Amazing Shrinking Taz and Co." when a clan of flies capture Taz, Bull, and Axl, the queen goes up to them and her back fills the screen when she reaches them.