It's time for the second TV Tropes Halloween Avatar Contest, theme: cute monsters! Details and voting here.
, as a wrestling tournament.
In an abandoned Hillside Necropolis
, eight combatants from two confederates, Creature and Undead, wrestle for the title of the most powerful ghoul of all time.There are five fights; two middle-weight matches, two heavyweight matches, and the final match will be fought by the winners of each heavyweight matches. Each combatant are also introduced by special previews.
- Mummy: The mummified corpse of an Egyptian dictator King Khafra, who joins after escaping from Metropolitan Museum.
- Lady Vampire: A vampire from Transylvania.
- Zombie Man: A zombie from US army's secret super soldier project, who is brought to the tournament to test its strenght. He is accompanied by the supervisor of the said project, Colonel Crookshanks.
- Frankenstein: The legendary undead construct, who is resurrected once again for the tournament. He is accompanied by his most recent "father", Dr. Igora.
- Cyclops: The mythological creature from Greece, who is bound by his honor to participate.
- Witch Bitch: A witch from USA, she joins the tournament to gain back her former glory. She is accompanied by her manager The Grub.
- Swamp Gut: A reptilian swamp creature from Louisana marshlands, who is displeased by the ongoing destruction of his natural habitat.
- Werewolf: A man who became a werewolf after a semi-succesful vengeance against one.
This film has the examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Frankenstein's manager is named Dr. Ivo Igora.
- And Show It to You: Lady Vampire kills Mummy by punching out his heart.
- Appropriated Appellation: Witch Bitch took her name from an insult given by one of the residents of Buzzard Bay.
- As Himself: Jimmy Hart and Herb Dean are credited as themselves.
- An Axe to Grind: Col. Crookshanks kills Dr. Igora with a hatchet after he interferes the Undead heavyweight match.
- Big "NO!": Shown in Werewolf's preview when he, before his turning, finds his dead girlfriend.
- Breath Weapon: Swamp Gut can launch a slime attack with paralyzing qualities from his mouth.
- Black Dude Dies First: The referee Herb Dean doesn't survive past the first fight when Witch Bitch slashes his throat with a cleaver.
- Boom, Headshot: When zombies start causing trouble, Cyril arrives with a shotgun to deliver headshots.
- Brain Food: Zombie Man is noted be a "headcheese aficionado".
- Burn the Witch!: Witch Bitch used to be part of the wrestling circuit until her tag-team partner Warlock was burned at the stake.
- Chairman of the Brawl: When things look bad for Witch Bitch, The Grub enters the ring with a folding chair.
- Combat Commentator:
- Buzz and Sidney Tuckett, who sit in the sidelines and give rundowns about the opponents.
- Lance Henriksen provides disembodied commentary as the "voice of God", giving adjectives for moves seen in the ring ("appalling", "sensational" etc.) and naming the finishing blows (i.e. "Black Heart Removal").
- Crusty Caretaker: The necropolis' gravekeeper is a creepy man named Cyril Haggard, whose warns about its curse fall to deaf ears.
- Deal with the Devil: Cyclops became what he is now by making a deal with Hades 3000 years ago; he gave one of his eyes for be able to see the future. The result was less than he desired, an he seeks vengeance against him.
- Drop the Hammer: Cyclops is a blacksmith by trade, and he bring his hammer with him.
- Duel to the Death: All the fights are to the death.
- Ear Ache: Zombie Man breaks free from Frankenstein's crushing chokehold by hitting his ears, making him let go in pain.
- Eye Beams: Cyclops can fire Frickin' Laser Beams from his eye strong enough to level entire villages.
- Eye Scream: Witch Bitch tries to gouge out Cyclops' eye.
- Garbage Wrestler: Both Cyclops and Witch Bitch employ dirty tricks and trinkets in their arsenal.
- Genre Blindness: Despite having been surrounded by zombies in a secret project involving them, Col. Crookshanks is surprised when simply shooting them doesn't work when he is approached by some.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: When a zombie attacks Sidney, Buzz hits it with a bottle, but not before taking a sip from it.
- Groin Attack: It doesn't take long to for it to be employed against Cyclops.
- A Handful for an Eye: Mummy throws dust to Lady Vampire's eyes to disorientate her.
- Honor Before Reason: Even if he knows the result of the fight firsthand, Cyclops is still bound by his honor to participate.
- I Am Not Shazam: It is noted in-universe by Sidney that Frankenstein's name is technically Frankenstein's Monster, "if you want to be a dick about it".
- Improvised Weapon:
- When their fight goes outside the ring, Lady Vampire grabs a tombstone from the surrounding area and breaks it on Mummy's head.
- A heavy stone column becomes a wepon in the final match.
- Last of His Kind:
- There are only ten left of the Swamp Gut's kind.
- Lady Vampire claims to be last of her kind.
- Mighty Glacier: Frankenstein is a slow, but powerful opponent.
- Neck Lift: Mummy in his introductory preview lifts up a forklift operator by his neck before snapping it.
- No-Holds-Barred Contest: Except for hits below the belt, but that too goes out of the window after the referee is killed.
- Not Quite Dead: Werewolf rises up after his seeming defeat from Frankenstein to continue fight him.
- Number of the Beast: Lady Vampire's age is listed as 666.
- Off with His Head!: Cyclops punches off The Grub's head off when he tries to intervene the first match for the second time.
- Opera Gloves: Worn by Lady Vampire in her preview segment.
- Operation Blank: The lawman in Lady Vampire's preview segment refers to his upcoming arrest of her as "Operation Holy Water".
- Our Zombies Are Different: Lampshaded by Sidney when he notes that while Frankenstein is technically a zombie too, he is not driven by hunger unlike Zombie Man.
- Pit Girls: Two of them accompany the announcer Jimmy Hart by the ringside.
- Promoted Fanboy: In-universe, the event's organizer Jake Blackburn was a fan of wrestling and monster movies when he was young.
- Quick Nip: Commentator Buzz is constantly taking sips from his flask.
- Removing the Head or Destroying the Brain: Frankenstein's manager has to remind him that he can only kill the Zombie Man by destroying his brain.
- Repeat Cut: One of Frankensten's attacks is shown multiple times from different angles.
- Rise from Your Grave: After Zombie man loses to Frankenstein, zombies start rising from their graves to show their displeasure of the outcome.
Dr. Igora: Like one who on a lonely road doth walk in fear and dread, and having wants of turning around walks on, and turns no more his head, because he knows a frightful fiend doth close behind him tread: Frankenstein!
- Show Within a Show: Swamp Gut's preview is a segment from a documentary show within the movie called Grisly Planet.
- Stock Scream: One zombie lets out a Wilhelm Scream when it is pushed aside.
- This Was His True Form: The werewolf who turned the tournament's werewolf into one in his preview is shown doing this after his death.
- Two-Faced: Mummy's sunlight attack leaves half of Lady Vampire's face burned.
- Undeathly Pallor: Accompanies the more well-preserved undead wrestlers.
- Unstoppable Rage: When Frankenstein sees his "father" dying, he proceeds to completely destroy Zombie Man.
- Use Your Head: The seemingly finishing blow in the final match is delivered with a crushing headbutt.
- We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties: A "please stand by" banner appears when Buzz is forced to shoot fully-zombified Sidney.
- Weakened by the Light: Lady Vampire, which is fortunate for Mummy as his medallion shoots sunlight.
- Wrench Whack: Dr. Igora enters the ring to whack Zombie Man with a wrench to the back of the head.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Everyone is able to wrestle, even the combatants who are seveal thousand years old. Though this is justified in Zombie Man's case, as he has been trained Col. Crookshanks in the matter.
- Zombie Gait: Comes with the territory, but it's most proficient in Mummy, who is the oldest of walking corpses, and has "chronic arthritis" list as one of his features.
- Zombie Infectee: After he is bitten by a zombie, Sidney slowly turns into one by the reminder of the film, until he has to be put down "like a mongrel dog".