Mom's Got a Date With a Vampire
is a 2000 made for TV Disney Channel
The Hansen kids are in a jam. Adam and his best friend have gotten their hands on some tickets for the Headless Horseman concert, and his sister Chelsea has a date with her dreamy boyfriend Peter.
The only problem is they're both grounded. Chelsea and Adam will do whatever it takes to get their mom Lynette out of the house, even if it includes a chance meeting with a very mysterious man. Everything seems to go according to plan until their little brother Taylor realizes that this stranger might be... a vampire.
The movie exhibits the following tropes:
- Adaptational Attractiveness: Obviously, said vampire is not some wrinkled old man, but a handsome young looking one in a snappy suit.
- Adults Are Useless: Subverted with Lynette, who saves everyone. Played straight with Malachi, who can't seem to hunt vampires very well.
- Affably Evil
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Subverted with Lynette and Dimitri, she preferred somebody sophisticated instead. Subverted again with Malachi.
- All in the Eyes: A classic example.
- Anti-Climax: In the end, no stake is put through Dimitri's heart (It's a Disney movie, whatca expect). He's simply trapped inside his own coffin until such time he can be taken to a place with "a lot of sun".
- Badass Adorable: A beautiful, sweet, kind-hearted mother, who can kick some serious vampire ass.
- Bratty Teenage Sister: Arguably Chelsea at first, but she gets better.
- Berserk Button: Going after Lynette's kids.
- British Accent
- Blood Lust
- Charm Person: Dimitri Wolfsbane, the vampire has the one of the more common types of hypnotic powers, and Hypnotic Eyes of course.
- Cobweb Of Disuse: Played with; much of Dimitri's home is in fair condition. Little of it is actually swathed in cobwebs.
- Cute Bruiser: Little Taylor.
- Disney Death: Dimitri doesn't actually get killed during the movie, but it's implied to be his eventual fate.
- Fate Worse than Death: Dimitri pretty much boasted that he'd turn the whole family into his vampire slaves just for the fun of it.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampires: He lives in the neighborhood, but he's not so friendly.
- Haunted Castle
- Heroic Willpower: Lynette uses this at the last minute to curbstomp Dimitri before he can hurt her kids.
- Man of Wealth and Taste: Dimitri, understandable considering his Dracula like style.
- Mysterious Past: Taylor's vampire hunter friend Van Helsing.
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Really 700 Years Old
- Shout Out: To vampire movies, of course.
- Troubled, but Cute: The vampire hunter, Malachi Van Helsing.
- Vampires Are Rich
- Wall Crawl: Or Wall Walk in this case as Dimtri does this to get back into a club he was thrown out of.