Film / Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire
Mom's Got a Date With a Vampire
is a 2000 made for TV Disney Channel
The Hansen kids are in a jam. Adam and his best friend have gotten their hands on some tickets for the Headless Horseman concert, and his sister Chelsea has a date with her dreamy boyfriend Peter.
The only problem is they're both grounded. Chelsea and Adam will do whatever it takes to get their mom Lynette out of the house, even if it includes a chance meeting with a very mysterious man. Everything seems to go according to plan until their little brother Taylor realizes that this stranger might be... a vampire.
The movie exhibits the following tropes:
- Adults Are Useless: Subverted with Lynette, who saves everyone. Played straight with Malachi, who can't seem to hunt vampires very well.
- Affably Evil: Dimitri seems like a perfect gentleman and it very nice to Lynnette's children upon meeting them. However, he's a vampire and towards the end, he begins to unravel a little.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Subverted with Lynette and Dimitri, she preferred somebody sophisticated instead. Subverted again with Malachi.
- Charm Person: Dimitri Wolfsbane, the vampire has the one of the more common types of hypnotic powers, and Hypnotic Eyes of course.
- Cobweb of Disuse: Played with; much of Dimitri's home is in fair condition. Little of it is actually swathed in cobwebs.
- Disney Death: Dimitri doesn't actually get killed during the movie, but it's implied to be his eventual fate.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Dimitri pretty much boasted that he'd turn the whole family into his vampire slaves just for the fun of it.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampires: He lives in the neighborhood, but he's not so friendly.
- Wall Crawl: Or Wall Walk in this case as Dimtri does this to get back into a club he was thrown out of.