All they want to do is do it!Kevin and Perry Go Large
is a 2000 film directed by Ed Bye
. Essentially, it is a coming-of-age story concerning the exploits of (as the title indicates) self-proclaimed 'superstar DJ's' 'Kev P.' (Harry Enfield) and 'Perr. E.' (Kathy Burke), as they holiday in Ibiza with Kevin's reluctant parents, Mr and Mrs Patterson (James Fleet and Louisa Rix). It should be noted that the characters of Kevin and Perry originated from Harry Enfield's sketch show, imaginatively titled Harry Enfield and Chums
Kevin and Perry are both approximately 16 years old, and behave as teenage boys typically would. During their time in Ibiza, they aim to lose their virginity to two equally hormone-addled and awkward girls, Candice and Gemma (Laura Fraser and Tabitha Wady), and gain the friendship of the real superstar DJ du jour, Eyeball Paul (Rhys Ifans). Hilarity Ensues
This film contains examples of the following tropes:
- All Men Are Perverts: Kevin and Perry salivate over anything female, and Eyeball Paul has 'club babes' with names like 'Buttasha', 'Twattia' and 'Wankette'.
- Beach Episode: This is the film version of the Kevin The Teenager sketches, predating The Inbetweeners by a decade.
- Broken Pedestal: Eyeball Paul.
- Catch Phrase: Many.
- "THAT IS SO UNFAIR!"
- "I am not your slave!"
- "Havin' it large!"
- "Sorry, girls. No monsters."
- Caught with Your Pants Down: In the opening scene, Kevin is having a fantasy about shagging Anne Boleyn.
Mrs Patterson: Kevin! How's your homework going?
Kevin: Fine, until you came in! *throws book into a corner*
- Coming of Age Story
- Cringe Comedy: Oh, yes.
- Eye Scream: During the end credits, Eyeball Paul's habit of taking vodka directly into his eyeball comes back to bite him, when he finds it's detached and is now floating in the bottle.
- Germanic Efficiency: The Germans march everywhere in step like a military formation and even dance that way.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager: Pretty much the entire premise of the film.
- Jerk Ass: Eyeball Paul, who uses Kevin and Perry's admiration of him to his own ends.
Eyeball Paul: You'll see I've just had a bangin' shit in the bog. Won't flush. You might have to push it down.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Kevin, he's horrible to his parents, but he really needs them in the scene where he and Perry fall out.
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: Pre-Ibiza, Kevin and Perry are subjected to a malicious chant of "Virgins! Virgins! Virgins!" by what seems an entire street full of their peers.
- Parental Sexuality Squick
- Precision F-Strike: Eyeball Paul's "Fuck... off!"
- Raging Stiffie: Several times.
- Right Through His Pants: The final scene on the beach when Kevin and Perry finally get together with Candice and Gemma. Averted with Mr and Mrs Patterson.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Candice and Gemma.
- Teens Are Monsters: A less extreme example, but Kevin certainly behaves like a monster toward his parents.
- Except when he's had a row with Perry and is upset.
- Toilet Humor: The 'floater' scene.