Film: Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z
Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z
is the sequel to Super Hero Taisen
, which premiered in Japanese theaters on April 27 2013 Feature the first on-screen crossover
between characters of Toei
's three main Toku
franchises, Kamen Rider
, Super Sentai
, and the Space Sheriff
Series. The casts of Kamen Rider Wizard
, Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
, and Space Sheriff Gavan: The Movie
will participate in the film. The Space Ironmen Kyodain
from Kamen Rider Fourze the Movie: Space, Here We Come!
will also make an appearance. The teaser for the film was shown after Kamen Rider X Kamen Rider Wizard And Fourze Movie War Ultimatum
It has been confirmed that a third movie is in the works: Heisei Rider Vs Showa Rider Kamen Rider Wars Featuring Super Sentai
Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z provides examples of the following tropes:
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Space Shocker's Shadow Moon and Madou's Strategist Raider.
- Big Damn Heroes: Happens multiple times, with multiple groups of heroes.
- Bigger Bad: Dark Lord Psycho.
- Brought Down to Normal: Geki's unable to transform into Gavan Type-G for a good portion of the movie.
- Continuity Nod: The Go-Busters remember both Geki and the Gokaigers from their past meet ups and vice-versa.
- The Cameo: Both Kotoha and J make quick appearances.
- The Cavalry: Kamen Rider #1 and Akaranger arrive with this and a large group of Riders and Sentai teams.
- Demoted to Extra: All protagonists from the first Super Hero Taisen movie return here. Most of them have their roles reduced, but Decade is the one sidelined the most by that. Decade only appears as an extra for a battle scene with a single line, saying his own name, not even appearing among the heroes in the movie's final battle, unlike Kamen Rider OOO, Fourze, the Gokaiger and the Go-Busters.
- The Dog Was the Mastermind: the villains are after Psycholone, Yoko's new Robot Buddy, because it is actually the Soul Jar of Dark Lord Psycho.
- Double Vision: Kotoha has a scene alongside Geki's assistant Sherry, both played by Suzuka Morita.
- Dynamic Entry: Kamen Rider #1 arrives for the Final Battle by giving a monster a Rider Kick.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Kyoryu Gold's cameo has him acting as an Aloof Ally, which he did for approximately two episodes of Kyoryuger before opening up to the group.
- Fake Shemp: Inevitable, even before one takes into account the actors who died, retired from acting, or are just too busy.
- Gondor Calls for Aid: when they discover that they only have an hour to to stop Space Shocker before Gavan's higher ups Shoot the Dog to save the universe, Gai decides to perform this trope and call the Kamen Riders and Super Sentai teams for back up. As a result, throughout the film multiple groups of Sentai and Kamen Riders show up to join the battle. Inazuman (the one from Movie War Ultimatum) also arrives, apparently from the future.
- Gratuitous English: Reider is a master at this.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Subverted. The Space Sheriffs seemingly sacrifice themselves to save the Earth from the Super Dimensional Cannon, but survive and blast Psycho back to Earth when he tries to finish his plan.
- I Will Fight No More Forever: In the end, J shows up, sweeping the landscape but not helping his fellow Go-Busters as he's lost the will to fight after the series' end.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Yoko to Psycholone; it actually works, and Psycholone breaks free of Psycho's main consciousness to take the bullet for Yoko.
- Let's You and Him Fight: Gavan type-G is charged with attempting to stop Space Shocker and is told their leaders use magic. This leads him to think Kamen Rider Wizard and Beast are the bad guys and goes out to murder them.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Once again, we got characters from the Super Sentai and Kamen Rider franchises showing up, this time those from the Space Sheriff series'll appear, as well as Shotarou Ishinomori-based characters like the Space Ironmen and Inazuman, and if that's not enough, we're also getting a buttload of other Metal Heroes (see Unexpected Character).
- Gentarou, You Are My Teacher: The Inazuman from Movie War Ultimatum will appear here and promptly freak out Gentarou, since he's still a student here.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover
- Milestone Celebration: With Space Crime Syndicate Madou as the villains, the revival of Reider and the return of Shōzō Iizuka as Demon King Psycho, and the new Sharivan, Kai Hyuga, having a supporting role, this can be considered somewhat of a homage to the 30th anniversary of Space Sheriff Sharivan, following on from the celebration of the 30th anniversary of Gavan the previous year.
- Mythology Gag: First there's the obvious ones: we're seeing a lot of characters come back, and a lot of past technology does everything it used to do with updated effects, recreating a lot of beloved Stock Footage sequences beautifully and making those who grew up with them drool. However, there's one less obvious one: When Kikaider appears at the end, he says that these are not the only heroes of Earth. This is reminiscent of Movie Wars 2010, where Ryu Terui/Kamen Rider Accel, foreshadowing his upcoming introduction in Kamen Rider Double, says that Double is not the only Kamen Rider in Fuuto.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: If the Space Sheriffs' bosses hadn't fired the Super Dimensional Cannon trying to destroy the Earth in a Shoot the Dog, the movie probably would have ended with Strategist Raider's demise.
- Oh, Crap: The army of enemy kaijin react this way to seeing an army of Sentai teams and Kamen Riders preparing their finishing moves all at once.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: After Geki saves Skydain from being Blown Out The Airlock, the Kyodain develop this attitude towards Gavan; they even save him from other Space Shocker members at one point just so they can fight him, which gets them killed by Space Ikadevil.
- SpaceX: Space Shocker, lead by Space Ikadevil and Space Spider Man.
- The Stinger: An after credits scene reveals Kikaider, teasing at the upcoming movie.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Psycho goes up into space, only to meet the Wave Motion Gun of the three Space Sheriffs' Humongous Mecha, crashes back to Earth and right on the Kick Strike Brave Finish executed by the Kyoryugers and Wizard.
- Tranquil Fury: after seeing Ikadevil kill the Space Ironmen, Gai loses his usual Hot-Blooded behavior when undergoing the Transformation Sequence.
- Unexpected Character: Jiraiya, Jiban, Draft Redder, Janperson, Blue Beet and B-Fighter Kabuto. As only the Space Sheriffs appeared in early promotional material, and the title of the movie is Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z rather than Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Metal Heroes: Super Hero Taisen Z, it was assumed that the Space Sheriffs would be the only Metal Heroes to appear. This marks the first appearance of other Metal Heroes besides the Space Sheriffs after the Metal Heroes revival started in Gokaiger vs. Gavan.
- Turns out that they are in fact the Gokaigers, who changed into Kamen Rider OOO forms last time.
- While nothing is confirmed yet, the Net Movies feature a copyright mention of Marvel Comics, which might indicate an appearance by Supaidaman himself.note