Film: Kamen Rider Wizard In Magic Land
The summer movie of Kamen Rider Wizard
, shown alongside Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger Gaburincho Of Music
The movie contains the following tropes:
- Affectionate Parody: Net Movie Kamen Rider Wizard in Magica!? Land, a series of Web Videos created to promote the film. Parodies Wizard, it's characters, and the entire Kamen Rider franchise.
- Alternate Self: The Land of Magic contains versions of all of Haruto's friends, and some of his Phantom enemies. At the end of the film, Shiina and Maya the Great are seen in the real world with their families.
- Alternate Universe: The movie takes place in one, created by Kamen Rider Sorcerer.
- Bad Cop/Incompetent Cop/ The Guards Must Be Crazy: Several Kamen Rider Mages attempt to capture or kill Haruto at melee range with melee weapons and he ends up avoiding them. What do they do after he escapes on his bike? They go after him on brooms and get next to someone with better hand to hand combat skills then they do.
- Death by Cameo: The Kamen Rider Girls, who are killed by Sorcerer.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Averted for the first time since the tradition started with Double's appearance in KamenRider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker. Instead, Kamen Rider Gaim appears in the Post-Script Episodes of Wizard, which is a Crossover special with the other Heisei-era Riders.
- Energy Economy: The currency of the Land of Magic is magical energy.
- False Utopia: Initially the Land of Magic seems like a better world; there are plenty of other Kamen Riders who can fight Phantoms, and even Beast doesn't need to eat Phantoms to survive. The entire reality was constructed just so Kamen Rider Sorcerer could tear it all down and turn every human into a Phantom.
- Funny Background Event: There are quite a few scenes with some magic-related event going on in the background.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Magic Land's Nitou deserves credit, since in this reality he invented the Beast Driver rather than simply finding it.
- Grows on Trees: At one point Haruto finds Nitou fishing...for mayonnaise. When he expresses shock, Nitou asks "What, does it grow on trees where you come from?" complete with Imagine Spot.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Only Haruto and Koyomi remember the old world, and their friends don't remember them.
- Living Battery: Kamen Rider Sorcerer abducts victims in order to create a battery that can store magic - specifically, the magic used as currency. By reversing the polarity, the battery can also be used to turn mages into Phantoms.
- Mundane Utility: Magic in the Land of Magic. For example, a mother uses the Connect spell to grab her unruly child.
- No Ontological Inertia: The Land of Magic collapses when Kamen Rider Sorcerer is defeated.
- Punny Name: The Net Movie spinoff is named Wizard in Magika?! Land; "Magi ka?!" is a Japanese exclamation of disbelief, along the lines of "No way!" or "Seriously?!"
- Reverse the Polarity: See Living Battery.
- Shaming the Mob: Koyomi does this to stop a mob of people from attacking Haruto.