Film: Hard to Kill
Hard to Kill is a 1990 action film starring Steven Seagal and Kelly LeBrock, who's known for her role as Lisa in the John Hughes teen movie Weird Science.
- And This Is for...: When Storm stabs Axel in his neck with a pool stick and kicks him down to his death saying this:Storm: That's for my wife. Fuck you and die.
- Artistic License - Biology: Storm's awakening from a seven-year long coma had him as being alert and able to speak within a matter of minutes, although in reality, the process could take many months or years. And let's not forget his quickly relearned ability to walk, run and fight...
- Bad Guys Play Pool: Storm interrupts the bad guys after they just started playing.
- Big "NO!": Happens when Storm sees his wife murdered before his eyes.
- Also by Vernon when Storm is about to pull the trigger on the shotgun shooting his foot, missing on purpose.
- Catch Phrase: "You can take that to the bank!"
- Cowboy Cop
- Cruel Mercy: This movie featured Seagal's attempt at this trope. After roughing up the villain anyway, Mason tells him "Death is far too merciful a fate for you. So what I'm going to do is put you in prison. A nice petite white boy like you in a federal penitentiary... now let me just put it this way: I don't think you'll be able to remain anal-retentive for very long."
- Dirty Cops: And there all under Trent's payroll too.
- Faking the Dead: When O'Malley learns that Mason didn't die on the operating table, he ensures that rest of the world believes that he did.
- Gender-Blender Name: Andy.
- Girly Run
- Groin Attack: Mason pretends to shoot Trent on the balls, but deliberately misses and quips that they must be smaller than he thought. Then he knees him.
- Ha Ha Ha No: After the robber blasts the store merchant with his shotgun:Robber: [laughs manically then gets serious] Now you only got half a mind.
- Internal Affairs: O'Malley, who as a friend Mason, is portrayed positively.
- Ms. Fanservice: Kelly LeBrock, who was also married to Seagal at the time, could also qualify her as a Mrs. Fanservice. Seagal did alright himself for the time, by the way.
- Neck Snap: During a fight with one of the guys thats responsible for killing his wife, Storm finishes him off with a neck snap with the public watching.
- Sleazy Politician: Senator Vernon Trent, the man who put the hit on Mason, his partner, and his family
- Training Montage: Mason's training after waking up from the coma.
- Would Hurt a Child: The dirty cops.