Film: A Haunted House
A Haunted House is a 2013 film starred by Marlon Wayans. It's a parody of the The Devil Inside and the first installment of Paranormal Activity.The story revolves around the couple Malcolm and Kisha who are stalked by a ghost soon after Kisha moves to Malcolm's house.
This film provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Kisha's parents.
- All Women Love Shoes: Kisha.
- A Party Also Known as an Orgy: Mandingo Party.
- Bed Trick: The ghost having sex with Kisha
- Bestiality Is Depraved: Played with teddy bears.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: A ghost has sex with Kisha in the middle of the night, and it's the best sex she ever had. Thinking it's Malcolm, she tells him he's "grown." When she later finds out it's the ghost, she gets dolled up to go to bed without panties in hopes he'll arrive again.
- Black Comedy Rape: Malcolm being raped by the ghost while sleeping.
- Kisha gets raped too, via deception.
- Black Dude Dies First: Discussed. Malcolm points out how illogical this is."If we know he's in there then why the fuck are we going in there!"
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Everyone who comes to help Malcolm deal with the ghost is one of these: Father Doug, Chip, and Dan.
- Butt Monkey: Malcolm fills this role often.
- Deal with the Devil: Kisha apparently did this sometime in her past for a pair of shoes. Nice shoes, but still...
- Depraved Homosexual: The psychic who visits Malcolm and Kisha and hits on Malcolm nonstop.
- Downer Beginning: At first Malcolm is excited to have Kisha living with him, but things quickly go downhill as soon as she arrives. She runs over and kills his dog, evil spirits begin doing freaky shit in their house, and she doesn't decide to have sex with him during their first night together.
- Downer Ending: Which shouldn't be too surprising.
- Insistent Terminology: Malcolm is afraid he'll get bitten, Kisha reminds him it's a ghost not a zombie.
- Just Ignore It: At a height of the film Malcolm and Kisha just ignore the ghost who becomes an Attention Whore.
- Man Child: Malcolm.
- Marijuana Is LSD: Played with Malcolm, Kisha and the ghost.
- Nightmare Face: Played straight as in Paranormal Activity.
- Queer People Are Funny: Chip the Psychic.
- Rich Bitch: While Keisha isn't exactly rich, she certainly acts like one of these. She's very shallow, untruthful, and that's not to mention that she sold her soul to the devil for a pair of nice shoes.
- Right Behind Me: Malcolm celebrated too soon after thinking he had fooled Possessed!Kisha...
- Scary Black Man: Father Williams who is an ex-con.
- Screams Like a Little Girl / Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Malcolm after the ghost jerks the bed around the room one night.
- Shout-Out: Father Williams compares possessed Kisha to the witch from Left 4 Dead at one point. Also, a poster for Saints Row: The Third can be seen on the wall throughout the film.