Fanfic / Twist Of Fate
Twist of Fate
is an Original Flavor A Certain Magical Index
fanfiction created by ADdude
Something is happening to the life of a certain Level 0 and for some reason he starts to have luck with the women. Obviously something is terribly wrong especially with disasters after disasters start to occur around him both of the magic and science variety. Some force is messing with Touma's life. Love triangles or Dodecahedron. Secrets will be revealed. Touma X Harem
A science fiction/fantasy story starring everyone's favorite Level Zero as his life seems to get even more hectic. Touma is badass and hilarious harem hero. This story has many unique and rare pairings for Touma including shipping him with Mii Konori, Awaki Musujime, Ureapaddy Exica, Shutaura Sequenzia, and Nunotaba Shinobu.
Now with a spin-off fan fiction, Kami Chan Disease Def Con Center
. It deals with Touma's friends doing a podcast talking about Touma Love life and touching on the events around them.
Tropes found in this fanfiction:
- Acup Angst: Mikoto and her clones at one point.
- Action Girl: Mikoto, Konori, Awaki, Kuroko, the ITEM girls, Saten when she has a bat, Itsuwa and even Misaki fights off some threats.
- Adults Are Useless: Averted. Komoe finds out she's a target for an Alchemist whose attacking Touma and Company and she quickly hands herself over to spare them any pain. Yomikawa just learned about magic being real and does what she can to protect everyone even managing to save children from attacking ghosts.
- Affably Evil: Satomi tries to be. She wants to cut off Touma's arm but is more than willing to replace it with a top of the line cybernetic arm at her expense. It actually sounds like a good arm.
- Age Without Youth: The Alchemist is afraid that his alchemy will give him this and needs Komoe to fix it.
- All Women Are Lustful: Around Touma at least.
- Alternate Timelines: Touma is pulled out of time and Kuroko and Awaki end up in one.
- Alternate Universe: Some characters end up in one were the Kamijou Faction has taken over the world.
- The Atoner: Accelerator and Kakine against their former victims in the Ghost arc.
- Back from the Dead: Frenda and Kagun Kihara
- Big Eater: Index.
- Blood Magic: Index and Moses know how to use a little bit of blood to form sigils to disspell ghosts and inform others how to do so.
- Bromantic Foil: Aogami Pierce.
- Butt Monkey: It wouldn't be A Certain Index Fiction without Touma having misfortune.
- Character Development: Many characters seem to develop through the story. Misaki is even pointed out to be less paranoid with Touma around and bit nicer.
- Christmas Special
- City of Weirdos
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Mikoto whenever she sees another girl near Touma. Notably when she think he's on a date with Konori and freaks out nearly destroying the restaurant.
- Complete Immortality: Moses and Fraulein Kreatune.
- Covert Pervert: Uiharu of all people.
- Cry into Chest: Himegami with Touma after she has to use her power.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Many characters are capable of this but special remarks go to Elizabeth the Vampire. Elizabeth not only defeats several magicians, assassins, a saint but after being ripped apart by Accelerator shrugs off the attack and knocks him out with one punch.
- Deal with the Devil: A figure offers one to Fukiyose as she is dying, all while hopping to cause chaos.
- Demonic Possession: An Evil spirit that spreads illness takes to doing this.
- Determinator: Touma as per usual.
- Distressed Dude: Touma more than you'd think.
- Don't Fear the Reaper: The reapers in this story tend to be helpful.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: The Level Fives and Moses seem to be having these dreams.
- Erotic Dream: Kuroko isn't a surprise, though a threesome with her onee-sama and Touma is. Uiharu is a rather bold surprise that involves a threesome with Delta Force. Konori seems to have her own dream with Touma. Touma has been having a lot of dreams about the girls around him often involving skimpy costumes. Touma actually feels rather guilty about these dreams.
- Evil Counterpart: Kurosawa the Nightmare Witch is one to Misaki, which Misaki lampshades. They both have the power to Mind Rape people, but Kurosawa does it for fun.
- Evil Weapon: The Soul Taker sword empowers people and drives them to attack people so that it may kill and steal it's victims souls.
- Expy: Moses time travels like Paradox from Ben 10.
- Foreshadowing: A lot of it. Most notably the dreams citizens of Academy City seem to have of some huge destructive battle, dreams that are making the Level Fives afraid. Also having a time traveler around means even if he's trying to avoid it he drops some hints of events that haven't happened yet.
- For Want of a Nail: The alternate world where the Kamijou Faction took over the world started when the angry man who went bankrupt tried to stab Touma as a kid. Unlike in the main universe, the attack caused the Invisible Thing to emerge. Academy City realized Touma had powers and helped him develop them. After getting his training, he decided to gain power and influence and take a proactive role in protecting the world.
- From a Single Cell: This is how vampires live forever.
- Have We Met Yet?: Moses sometimes forgets that Touma and the others have only met him recently and greets them as old friends or refers to events that haven't happened yet, since he's very good friends with them in the future.
- Healing Factor: Vampires and Moses seems to have excellent ones.
- Heavy Sleeper: Touma, he doesn't notice when two half naked girls climb into his bed.
- Homoerotic Dream: Accelerator, Tsuchimikado, and Pierce Aogami eventually get these of Touma, to their disgust and horror.
- Immortality: Many characters fit this trope.
- Innocent Cohabitation: Touma moves into a dorm with the girls that have confessed to him. How long it stays innocent is anyone's guess.
- It's a Wonderful Plot: The timeline gets altered so Touma never existed, resulting in a Crapsack World since he was never around to save everyone. Kuroko, Awaki, and Moses were the only ones who were unaffected. Once they restore the timeline, Kuroko finally lets go of her grudge against him, since he's so important and everyone owes him their lives.
- Kid from the Future: Moses claims Gunha is Touma and Misaki's son. Since he was snickering when he said that, the mortified pair suspect he was just messing with them, but Gunha immediately believes him, not even questioning the obvious holes like why he has no memory of this or why was he brought to the present. The pair reluctantly take responsibility for him, even going to his parent-teacher conference. The other girls are not happy about this; if Moses was telling the truth, it means Touma and Misaki got together in the end.
- Lampshade Hanging: Touma has noticed that weird stuff has started to happen to him at a higher rate than normal. The narrator suggested this is happening on purpose by some outside force.
- Large Ham: Sogiita Gunha.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Himegami suggests to play the song No Butts.
- Lemony Narrator: The Narrator does have his moments.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Seems to happen at least once per arc.
- Love Confession: Chapter 23 set a record.
- Love Triangle: Or Dodecahedron as the author claims.
- Mad Scientist: In Academy City that was a given.
- Magical Girl: Himegami wishes to be one. In another Universe she is one.
- Magical Girlfriend: Members of Touma's Harem seem to want to be this.
- Marry Them All: What Touma ends up doing to most the girls in his harem after chapter 43
- Naked People Trapped Outside: Touma finds himself naked out in front of his classmates thanks to his luck.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast:
- Kurosawa the Nightmare Witch
- Noodle Incident: Whatever Moses is doing. Whatever he did with Touma before he lost his memory. The whole giant robot thing.
- No Respect Guy: Generally Touma.
- Not What It Looks Like: Touma carrying Misaki and Seria was taken by many to be something else. It didn't help that the three of them were drunk.
- Oh Crap!: When the thing behind Touma's hand shows up it tend to get this reaction. Subverted with Satoru who actually seems overjoyed at discovering what is behind Touma's hand. So much so he sacrifices himself to it like a tribute to a god.
- The Ojou: Misaki and Mikoto are supposed to be this but seem to fall short.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: A city's worth of ghosts.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Vampires that can't die except for one way.
- Pet the Dog: Both Misaki and Seria are devastated that Touma's memories are gone and Misaki even so much as wishes to rip apart Index's memories to make her pay for it. Index overhears and offers to let her erase her memories and ship her to London so that she and Seria can have a chance with Touma. Seeing how Guilty the girl is Misaki and Seria tell her to forget it. They assure her that its okay to be happy and she can be their little sister so when they get Touma she will have a reason to visit.
- Playful Hacker: Uiharu, hacks into the surveillance cameras to spy on what she thinks is a date with Konori and Kamijou.
- Podcast: The Spin-off
- Portal Door: The Gateway to the Gods
- Protective Charm
- Rhymes on a Dime: Chapter 24
- Sealed Inside a Person-Shaped Can: Kanzaki uses her own body to hold an evil spirit.
- Semi-Divine: Moses fits the bills and says things that might suggest Touma and Frau are something similar.
- Shipper on Deck: Kuroko is happy to ship Touma and Konori together. Konori gets to be happy and move on from a past failed romance and if Touma is taken she's got a better shot at Misaka.
- Ship Tease: With most girls in this fiction, including Kuroko for sometime.
- Many readers have said the Time Traveler Moses reminds them of Paradox from Ben 10: Alien Force and the Doctor from Doctor Who. Addude has admitted to also dropping in some Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap, and the Time Traveler from H. G. Wells' works along with a few more time travelers mixed in.
- One of the Chapters is Titled Who are you Going to Call in reference to the Ghostbusters.
- The Alchemist arc has a lot of shout outs to Fullmetal Alchemist.
- Sogiita seems to have a distrust of machines, he's probably been watching too much Terminator.
- Fukiyose is offered a deal by the Trickster from The Sarah Jane Adventures as he attempts to enter into a non-Doctor Who universe.
- The Author is a fan of 1980's music having the characters sing Major Tom and narrates the story with lyrics from "Bohemian Rhapsody" and Power of Love. A few chapter titles are even the names of a few songs by Oingo Boingo.
- Chapter 40 ends with glimpses into several other universes. Most fans couldn't name all the series that had shouts out in that scene. Some included: Kim Possible, God Eater, Is This a Zombie?, and Gravity Falls.
- Spin-Off: A podcast fiction, mention above.
- Triang Relations: Touma, Asia, and Kaori have a type 8 in the alternate universe where the Kamijou faction has taken over the world.
- Tsundere: Mikoto obliviously.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: In flashbacks, Crowley is shown to have wanted to create a world no one would ever needlessly die in. In the end it pushes him to sacrifice his loves ones, his own humanity and push him into his current plans.
- Valentine's Day Episodes: Chapter 42 starts an Arc where Touma must decided who he likes on Valentine's Day.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Seria and Misaki though they probably won't admit it.
- Weirdness Magnet: Touma and his right hand.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Elizabeth doesn't, after living for so long she is starting to forget those she's loved and she's afraid of what she might end up as if she continues to live.
- Yet Another Christmas Carol: One with Crowley standing in for Scrooge, Last Order as the Ghost of Christmas Past, Misaki as the Ghost of Christmas Present, and Touma as the Ghost of Christmas Future. It ends with him deciding to ignore everything he's seen and continue his machinations.