Fanfic / Peter Chimaeras Digimon Trilogy
The "Digimon Trilogy"
is a trio of Troll Fics
written by the (in)famous Peter Chimaera
and very loosely based on the Digimon
franchise. In fact, it doesn't even barely resemble the original franchise. A good example is that the name Digimon is used for a single character, while the real franchise uses it as a collective term of multiple species of digital beings. Apart from that, none of the characters or concepts from Digimon
even appear in these fanfics. The trilogy consists of:DIGIMON SAVEZ THE WROLD!!1111:
A short story about Digimon, a heroic creature trying to save the world from an Evil Scintist, who attempts to destroy it with a Doomsday Device
.DIGIMON 2: RETURN OF DIGIMON
: Two years after the conflict of the first installment, Digimon now has to face off against his evil twin brother; the aptly named Evil Digimon. This installment includes Digimon using a mech suit and an epic final battle in space.Digimon 3: Predator Vs Digimon
: The final installment of this trilogy is a crossover, which sees Digimon fight and later team up with a member of the iconic Predator
You can read all of these stories at Chimaera's own website
. The trilogy even has movie adaptation made in Garry's mod by That Bloody Pirate!!!, which can be seen in two parts on YouTube
This trilogy features examples of:
That Bloody Pirate!!!'s movie adaptation features examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion: These videos feature numerous skits not present in the original text, but still fit the random nature of the stories. A good example is a small subplot in which Peter Chimaera himself is squatting in someone else's house, while narrating the story to the audience. Digimon 3 ends with the police having a dinner at Digimon's house, but notes that Officer Victorix was too busy to join. The adaptation shows him arresting Chimaera for squatting.
- Author Avatar: Peter Chimaera appears as a character in these video adaptations, reading the author's notes aloud for the audience. As mentioned before, Digimon 3 also features a subplot with him squatting in someone else's house. That Bloody Pirate!!!! also makes an appearance in the adaptation for the third installment, where he is seen pushing a background piece away during Digimon's conversation with the FBI receptionist.
- Bald of Evil: The Evil Scintist is portrayed using the character model of Doctor Isaac Kleiner from Half-Life 2, resulting in this trope. The rude receptionist at the FBI is also portrayed with a character model of a bald person.
- Evil Sounds Deep: The initially antagonistic Krlrkak (and his short lived brother) speaks with a deep echoey voice.
- Dark Is Evil: Evil Digimon's color scheme consists of very dark colors, with black being the dominant color.
- Funny Background Event: The adaptation of Digimon 3 is filled with these. For example, when Digimon is having a discussion with the FBI receptionist wether he is a real Digimon, the receptionist replies with "You car not a Digimon", while having a broken car standing behind him.
- Groin Attack: Digimon's Lethal Blow against Evil Digimon in the second installment is portrayed as this.
- Milking the Giant Cow: Characters frequently flail their limbs about. Even when they aren't talking at all.
- Palette Swap: Digimon is portrayed by a character model of Renamon, from Digimon Tamers. Evil Digimon is portrayed by a black version thereof.
- Visual Pun: Some of the misspellings and grammatically incorrect sentences are portrayed literally. An example is when the narrative says "It was an evil smile [the Evil Scintist] held the gun with", the video shows the Evil Scintist holding his gun in his evilly smiling mouth.
- The Unpronouncable: Played with during Krlrkak's introduction. When he tries to tell Digimon his name, he has trouble pronouncing it, needing multiple takes to do so.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: The entrance of the FBI headquarters is marked with "FBI Hedqu4rtrz"