TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Fanfic: Fullmetal Lol
is a particularly crack-tastic fanfic
. It can be found here
. Perhaps one of the best crack-fics written about the Fullmetal Alchemist
series, the premise has Ed constantly drunk
and Al as the only brother with the least bit of sense
, looking to discover the powers of the mysterious Internet. It Makes Sense in Context
This work provides examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Garfiel, to Edward.
- Alcohol Hic: Edward, all the time. Winry too, actually.
- Almighty Janitor: Liza Hawkeye. Lampshaded in Chapter 21:
Roy: How is it that I'm a higher rank than you?
Liza: Not a day goes by where I don't ask myself that same question, sir.
- Ambiguously Gay: Envy/Spam, considering he not only looks but also sometimes acts like a girl.
- Amusing Injuries: Paninya takes Ed's kidneys, STD chops off Fat-Ass's head, and Winry's demon-head, just to name a few...all played for laughs.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking
- Berserk Button: Surprisingly, there's been but one joke related to Ed's height. He actually calls himself short. He doesn't react well.
- Winry grows a second, demonic head that tears out Ed's entrails whenever Ed wrecks his automail.
- En...er, "Spam" really seems to hate it when people mistake him for a girl.
- Black Comedy: Big time. There have been jokes made about underage drinking, steroid use, eating disorders, and Ling's opium.
- Buttmonkey: Alphonse, though Edward himself is certainly not exempt.
- Spam definitely counts, considering he's pretty much always the butt of a gender-confusion/gay joke or getting hacked (or otherwise injured) by Ling.
- Catch Phrase: "Roy Mustang, Fire Hazard,"
- The Chew Toy: Edward, definitely.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Ed, Roy, Winry, Ling...pretty much everyone, actually. Even Riza and Al have their moments.
- Comedic Sociopathy
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Roy Mustang punishing Ed with a vuvuzella.
- Mustang's subordinates rearranging the furniture in his office, causing him to have "heavy diarrhea," by disrupting the principles of feng shui. That is, until he discovers Pepto Bismol.
- The author punishes herself after a Firestorm of Incredibly Lame Fire-puns by reading Twilight!
- Cute and Psycho: Winry. She has a second head that tears out Ed's organs whenever he wrecks his automail.
- Depraved Homosexual: Garfiel.
- The Ditz: Ed, but that's mostly due to being drunk.
- Drunken Master: Invoked by Ed at least once. Whether or not he is one...well, we have yet to see him sober.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Envy...well, Spam in this case, gets mistaken for a girl constantly. He hates it.
: Dude, you're like the *hic*
hottest chick I've ever seen!
- For Inconvenience, Press "1": Poor Hughes...
- Funny Foreigner: Ling. Dear God, just Ling.
- Genre Savvy: Riza in Chapter 20:
: Oh, no no no
. I've seen this in too many horror movies. We're in the dark basement of a lab, chasing a monster. If we split up in pairs, someone's going to die.
Liza: It's okay, Jean, we're blond.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Alphonse referring to his brother as "Nii-san"
- Hurricane of Incredibly Embarrassing Nicknames: Mustang keeps calling Riza various nicknames like "Lieutenant Dove liver" or "Lieutenant Ostrich Belly".
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Ling, apparently.
- I'll Tell You When I've Had Enough!: Guess who?
"Hey ID. You saw my old man!"
- Insult Backfire: Kind of...in Chapter 21:
Armstrong: AND THEN RAYMOND HAD TO PRETEND TO ENJOY THE COOKING, LEST DEBORAH MADE HIM SLUMBER UPON THE SOFA ONCE MORE.
Edward: Maybe if I get off this horse and lay in the sun, I'll die of heat stroke and my suffering will end.
Armstrong: I AM SERIOUS, EDWARD, LET US WATCH THE SHOW TOGETHER SOME DAY. IT IS MOST ENJOYABLE.
Edward: That sounds about as appealing as a prostate exam.
Armstrong: SOME PEOPLE LIKE PROSTATE EXAMS, EDWARD.
- Jerkass: Ed, especially towards Alphonse.
- Large Ham: Major Armstrong, as per usual:
Armstrong: MAJOR ALEXANDER LUIS ARMSTRONG, AT YOUR SERVICE, SIR.
Roy: Why are you yelling?
Armstrong: IT'S THE STEROIDS, SIR. THEY MAKE ME VERY ANGRY.
- My Eyes Are Up Here:
Lust STD has this problem with Roy and Havoc.
- Narm: Deliberately invoked when Maes Hughes dies, which basically turned one of the most gut-wrenching scenes in the original series into one of the most hilarious instances of For Inconvenience, Press "1"!
- No Fourth Wall
- No Indoor Voice: MAJOR ALEXANDER LOUIS ARMSTRONG! But that's because of the steroids...
- Only a Flesh Wound: Repeatedly. Obviously done with the homunculi because their
Philosopher's Stones Internet gives them extra lives. Also happens with a few human characters too:
STD: How are you doing this? You should be bleeding to death from that wound!
- Rule of Funny
- Shout-Out: There are quite a few of these in the story
- Take That: Many, many examples of this toward Two and a Half Men. The author probably doesn't like the show.
- Thanks for the Mammary: Roy's attempt to get STD's Internet...
- That's What She Said: The Situation, all the time.
- Tourettes S*** C**k Syndrome: Izumi.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Roy Mustang is heavily affected by the balance of his office furniturenote , and his subordinates use this against him a lot. Then he discovers Pepto Bismol.