is a fanfiction by Gaming Ikari
which is a crossover between Black Lagoon
and Ranma ½
The story begins when Happosai decides that he needs better control over Ranma and uses something called the Bracers of Jian to control him. Naturally, he happens to use this right as Ranma and Ryouga are fighting, leaving both of them irrevocably chained together. Both boys learn that, no matter what they try, they can't move more than thirty feet from one another. Neither are happy about this.
Then Cologne tells them that she knows someone who can help, and arranges for her nephew Chang to house the boys and make sure the various criminals in Roanapur don't tear them alive. The first thing Ranma does on arriving in Roanapur is call Revy a clumsy tomboy
Read it here
Provides Examples Of:
- Fountain of Youth: Ranma and Ryouga accidentally bring the de-aging mushrooms to Roanapur.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Ranma and Ryouga
- I Sound Like A Retard In English: Played up with Shenhua. Ranma's unable to understand her, but Ryouga at least understands her frustration.
- Jerk Ass: Ranma and Ryouga to each other.
- Killed Off for Real: Boris.
- Naïve Newcomer: Ranma and Ryouga.
- Not So Different: A turning point in the relationship between Gretel and Balalaika is the fact that Gretel jumps in front of two bullets which would have killed Balalaika.
- Pet the Dog: Gretel's just a young girl with amnesia and a crush on a cute guy. Honest!
- Pretty Little Headshots: Gretel survives her "death" at the end of her original arc precisely because of this.
- Only Sane Man: Ryouga.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Ranma and Ryouga. They switch roles at some times, but typically Ryouga is the more calm and reasonable one.
- Running Gag: Revy duels Ranma until she runs out of ammo in the third chapter. She asks for a rematch when she gets her new guns. Ranma agrees.
- Ship Tease: Hey, remember how Balalaika kinda leaned into Rock for a kiss in the Fujiyama Gangsta Paradise arc? Gaming Ikari has turned this into a full-blown love triangle.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: At one point, Balalaika gets frustrated and decides that if she can't intimidate Rock with violence, she'll intimidate him some other way and pulls him into a kiss which leaves him dazed. It works.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: A central theme is the contrasting themes of Ranma ½ versus Black Lagoon.
- Smoking Is Cool: Subverted. Eda and Balalaika don't smoke once they're reduced to being teenagers because their lungs aren't fully developed and have a more adverse reaction to the tobacco.
- Status Quo Is God: Subverted with Rock's resignation from the Lagoon Company to work as Balalaika's advisor.
- Story Arc: Bigtime. The first isn't labeled as such, but then Chapters 13-24 are divided into "Comes the Hot-Blooded Dragon" and "Rock's Little Sister", each of which are Exactly What It Says on the Tin... If you've been paying attention.
- Trigger Happy: Revy
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Ranma and Ryouga. They're forced to get along or spend all their waking hours fighting, so they more or less learn not to fight over their insults.
- Wham Arc: Rock's Little Sister.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Ranma and Ryouga, compared to the Black Lagoon cast.