Fan Fic: My Little Wesker
day has taken a turn for the worse. No, it wasn't his plan to "purify
" humankind of its weak members falling apart, nor was it Chris and Sheva
sending him to a fiery, lava-filled doom. No, his day becomes absolutely dreadful when he somehow survives all of those events and wakes up in a colorful, perfect world filled with magical talking ponies
Now out of his element and stuck as a pastel Earth pony
, Wesker must adapt to his new sugary existence in the town of Ponyville. However, this idyllic existence may not last for long, as an ancient threat returns... and Wesker again seeks to harness it
A crossover Fan Fic
between My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
and the Resident Evil
franchise by Iamdanny0
. This story treads new ground by sending the villain
, an omnicidal megalomaniac
, into a world entirely unprepared for somepony of his methodology. Equal parts hilarious and intriguing, this fanfic is worth a read, even by non-RE fans.
The story can be found here
, with 47 chapters and regular updates.
This Fan Fic provides examples of the following tropes:
- A God Am I: Subverted. Wesker wanted to be a god, and reshape the world to his standards. That didn't end to well. However, he's now in Equestria, where it's possible for one to ascend to Physical Godhood, so when Dark offers Wesker a chance to become one, he accepts.
- Amnesiac Hero: Wesker invokes this, claiming to remember little about his past. Considering his history, it was a smart move. Rainbow sees through his charade, but all she knows is that Wesker is hiding something.
- Break the Haughty: Going from about to conquer the world to being a simple Earth pony in Equestria is a humbling experience for Wesker, and his many new experiences make him question just how justified he is in his arrogant attitude.
- Call to Agriculture: Big Mac's reason for staying on the farm and enjoying a simple lifestyle. Grudgingly, Wekser as well, because a farmhand is the only job available to the ex-Tricell operative.
- Catapult Nightmare: Chapter 6. In the dream, Wesker is still a pony, and much smaller than Chris, so the only thing he can do is run. And then he trips.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Though stuck in pony form, Wesker still has superequine strength, stamina, and agility due to his previous enhancements.
- Cheerful Child: Applebloom, with her cute demeanor and insatiable curiosity.
- Consummate Liar: Wesker, of course. Applejack and Rainbow Dash can tell when he isn't giving the whole truth, but they can't do anything about it.
Rainbow Dash: Yeah... I'm gonna go ahead and just not believe anything you ever say.
Wesker: That's probably wise.
- Cool Shades: Even though his eyes are no longer sensitive to bright light, Wesker still buys a pair as soon as he can. His cutie mark is one to boot.
- The Corruption: Wesker meets 'Dark,' the entity responsible for Luna transforming into Nightmare Moon... and he plans to overthrow Equestria with it.
- Deadpan Snarker: Wesker, to a ridiculous degree, in addition to many of its subtropes.
- The Mean Brit: Due to his accent.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: Wesker already qualified as a human, but as a pony, he's still very tall and has a natural dark gray coat. His fondness for black is still present as well.
- Enfant Terrible: Even as a child, Wesker was pretty evil. In one instance, he successfully arranged an "accident" for a bully after Wesker deemed him a problem to his schooling development.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Wesker doesn't understand why the ponies are so nice and trusting of each other. He initially assumed they were all plotting behind his back, but eventually concluded they're all too dumb for malice.
- Faux Affably Evil: Wesker always acts polite and cordial to others, even if he despises the pony and is currently imagining himself snapping their neck or worse.
- Fire-Breathing Diner: Wesker's ignorance of this trope initially makes him think the lemon drops at Gilda's party are ensorcelled.
- Jerkass: Gilda, moreso than canon because of Wesker's needlings. She even attacks him after she reaches her breaking point.
- Kids Are Cruel: Wesker was bullied from a young age for being intellectually minded, and turned incredibly vicious as a result and even surpassed his tormentors in cruelty.
- Morality Chain: Quite a few for Wesker.
- He tones down his act around Applebloom, for the sake of her innocence.
- He also acts nicer to and around Fluttershy, because he can't stay mad at her.
- "Joy," a voice in his head, constantly beseeches Wesker to act less selfishly. He argues constantly with it, but concedes to its points more often than not.
- Mundane Utility: What does Rainbow Dash do when she discovers Wesker's superequine abilities? Why, recruit him for the Ponyville Hoofball team, of course.
- Nice Guy: Equesria is filled with these, which puts Wesker on edge.
- Pensieve Flashback: Dark makes Wesker recount his memories together, ostensibly because Dark wants to find out what made Wesker so exceptional.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Wesker's eyes can still glow a vivid red much like in his verse's canon. It's a voluntary action that he mostly uses for intimidation, but his control slips if he gets too agitated.
- Serious Business: Applejack challenges Wesker to cook better than she can after he neglects praising her for the meal. Not to bested by a simple farmer, the next morning Wesker pulls out all the stops to make a deluxe pancake breakfast.
Wesker treated cooking as any other scientific experiment: the parameters were easy to establish, the testing environment was about as static as he could manage, and all aspects were totally under his control.
- Shout-Out: To Peanuts in chapter 26. Wesker (in a flashback) gets an injured finger kissed by a co-worker, who comments, "My ma always did that." Wesker questions the medical value of the custom.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: The Ponyville Team to the Canterlot Team, at least for Hoofball. Ponyville lost 13 tournaments in a row to their team, so Rainbow is desperate for any edge.
- Smug Super: Wesker's arrogance and superhuman abilities remain intact, even in pony form.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Wesker, all the time. A sterling example is when he meets Rainbow Dash after she left him in unfamiliar territory in the rain, which almost lead to his death.
Rainbow Dash: Uh... hey, Al. Nice to see you again. How are you?
Fantastic. I hear hypothermia does wonders for the figure. I daresay I shall soon be the belle of the ball. [Beat
]] That was sarcasm.
I had hypothermia, and in case you do not realize the aftermath of that, I shall tell you: I have been – and am – bad. Very bad, in fact. And had your incompetence and negligence resulted in my death, then you can be sure that I would have clawed my way out of whatever dank pit the afterlife threw me into in order to enact my revenge upon you and everything you have ever held dear in your cognizant existence."
- Split Personality/Talking to Themself: Wesker's sense of excitement and joy manifest as "Joy," a voice in his head, the Red Oni to his natural Blue. Its stream of sarcastic quips, "reason you suck" speeches, and attempts at shaming his unethical activities turn Joy into somewhat of a Morality Chain.
- Sugar Bowl: Equestria. Wesker hates it.
- Trapped in Another World