Fanfic: My Little Pony Vs
My Little Pony vs...
is an Intercontinuity Crossover
fic between My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
and a wide range of other media. It is written by Ecthelion Yuda
, and is available here
Nightmare Moon, Discord AND Chrysalis have returned to exact their vengeance on the six little ponies that caused them so much grief. But they aren't going to fight them themselves, what fun is there in that? So they decided to send them to a suspended reality where they can pit Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Applejack against some of the greatest fighters and monsters ever invented in bloodthirsty duels to the death
. Will anypony survive?
Fights are so far grouped into seasons. There has been one season so far:
This story contains examples of:
- Acquired Poison Immunity: Subverted, but Twilight has the next best thing, a detox spell that she learned thanks to her proximity to the Everfree Forest.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Several chapters end this way, though several of the antagonists aren't villains in their own universes.
- All Your Powers Combined: How Shoutmon keeps powering up to try and defeat Rainbow Dash.
- An Arm and a Leg: Pinkie Pie loses a leg while fighting Lucy, though the damage is repaired after she wins, as per the rules.
- During Applejack's fight with the Predator, it loses one arm to the blades on its other one.
- And I Must Scream: As a result from the technique Rainbow Dash uses to kill Shoutmon, she triggers a huge explosion made up of both Shoutmon X7's Seven Victorize and her own sonic rainboom. The force of which blows the top of her head clean off as well as deafening and blinding her. It's mentioned that she tries to scream, but she can't hear herself over the explosion. Luckily she somehow manages to produce a Force Field to protect her from anything other than mortal wounding.
- Apologetic Attacker: Katniss, when she rejects Fluttershy's offer of friendship, thanks to how that turned out last time she was in this arena.
- Attack Its Weak Point: Twilight quickly figures out that she needs to aim for the Dalek's eyepiece. It turns out to have an extrasensory detection program.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Fluttershy.
- Calling Your Attacks: As is tradition in Digimon, the chapter involving them even has Rainbow Dash doing it.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Toph being crushed between three crystal pillars and Pikachu being torn to shreds by Rainbow Dash's Buccaneer Blaze.
- Cuteness Proximity: Rainbow Dash has this reaction to Pikachu. She quickly regrets it.
- Dishing Out Dirt: In addition to Toph's Earthbending, Rarity's magic can manipulate crystals.
- Dramatic Irony: Twilight draws several incorrect conclusions about the Daleks, which Doctor Who fans will pick up on.
- Due to the Dead: Rarity makes a point of leaving behind a headstone to Toph - a large emerald with the words, "Here lies the world's greatest earth-bender, felled before her time," etched in.
- Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors: Subverted: the author heads off possible complaints about Rainbow Dash (a "flying type") beating Pikachu by pointing out that Rainbow isn't a Pokemon - though if she was, it would make more sense for her to be at least partly a Fighting type.
- Evil Feels Good: Pinkie has this reaction after her first two battles, much to her horror.
- Eye Scream: Pinkie loses an eye during the fight against Taokaka, though it regenerates once she steps into the portal.
- Final Exam Boss: Esmaraude to Rarity.
- The Force Is Strong with This One: Rainbow Dash and other weatherponies are able to sense static electricity in the air, which clues her in to Pikachu's abilities.
- Fork Fencing: Pinkie loads her Party Cannon with knives and forks, at first planning an ambush before instead using it to distract Lucy.
- Gatling Good: Twilight uses this spell against the Dalek, managing to hit both its eyepiece and its gun.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: All injuries sustained, including lost limbs, are healed when the Mane Six enter a portal from one arena to the next.
- Hammerspace: Strangely justified - Pinkie pulls her Party Cannnon out of a magical purse that Twilight gave her, even though there's never been a canon explanation for her usual access to this.
- Hoist by His Own Petard/Karmic Death: Unlike in the book and the movie, Vizzini is the one who supplies the Iocaine powder and gives the terms of the challenge. Twilight is thus able to convince herself that his death will be on his head.
- Rainbow Dash manages to kill Shoutmon X7 by protecting herself with the cone made during a sonic rainboom, going inside the Digimon's attack and forcing it back down to the Digimon and combining the explosion of both the rainboom and the Digimon attack.
- Kill It with Water: Applejack kills the Predator by forcing its head underwater until it drowns, as by this point one of its arms is gone and the other is useless.
- Killed Off for Real: Spike and Sweetie Belle, both at the hands of the Weeping Angels.
- Knife Nut: How Pinkie defeats Lucy.
- Look Behind You: As in the book and the movie, Vizzini pulls this on Twilight, who quite genuinely falls for it.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover/Mega Crossover: Involving eight universes and counting, though these are still technically separate.
- My God, What Have I Done?: So far, five of the Mane Six have had this reaction to their victories:
- Rarity, as she finally registers that Toph was only a child.
- Twilight, upon discovering that the Dalek was a living creature and not a robot as she'd first assumed.
- Rainbow Dash, upon realising that her attack tore Pikachu to shreds.
- Pinkie Pie, as she had quickly made friends with Taokaka over a shared pizza, up until Discord appeared with a doctored video of her viciously murdering a defenseless Lucy.
- Fluttershy, due to her horror at what she's capable of when she sufficiently angered.
- Not Enough to Bury: Pikachu, as an unintended result of the Buccaneer Blaze.
- Oh Crap:
- Rainbow Dash, when she realises where the static electricity she's sensing is coming from.
- Twilight, when the Dalek activates its extrasensory detection programme and resumes its attack
- Poisoned Chalice Switcheroo: As in the book and the movie, Vizzini pulls this on Twilight.
- Shout-Out: One of the mannequins animated by Esmeraude during the shopping mall fight does a brief Slenderman impression
- Spider-Sense: Pinkie Sense, which actually manages to hinder her as much as it helps - the more her leg shakes uncontrollably, the harder it becomes for her to run away.
- Stripped to the Bone: In the explosion Rainbow Dash causes whilst fighting Shoutmon X7, everything but her is literally vaporised to nothingness.
- These Hooves Have Killed: See My God, What Have I Done?.
- Transformation Sequence: In the guest-written Digimon chapter, the author actually includes YouTube videos of the evolution sequences used as opposed to writing them.
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
- Unstoppable Rage: Fluttershy, after Katniss kills the deer that she befriended. Katniss ends up with several broken bones and her head kicked into a pulp.
- Villain Team-Up: Discord, Nightmare Moon, Queen Chrysalis and the Diamond Dogs work together to capture the Mane Six.
- What Measure is a Non-Equine?: Twilight is easily able to rationalise to herself destroying the Dalek when she thinks it's a robot. She's wrong, as she discovers after blowing it up and finding the remains of a Kaled inside, and is immediately remorseful (not knowing anything about the Daleks' history).
- Worthy Opponent: As in the second movie, the Predators acknowledge Applejack as this by presenting her with a weapon - a metal chain with a crescent moon shaped blade on it - after she kills the one that was targeting her.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: A particularly cruel example in the Maze of the Dead. Rarity could have rescued Sweetie Belle if she had just a few seconds longer.
- You Are Already Dead: Unlike in the book and the movie, Twilight has time to give one to Vizzini, explaining just how she overcame the effects of Iocaine powder.