These works have examples of:
open/close all folders
- Abnormal Ammo: Water guns that do some serious damage.
- All Boys Want Bad Girls
- Black Market Produce
- Crapsack World
- Five-Man Band
- Just Like Robin Hood
- Manic Pixie Dream Boy: K.B. to the whole group, but more directly to Jette.
- Necessarily Evil
- Paste Eater: Jette, technically. But it's by necessity. Everyone else doesn't count because it's actually their diet. This is the reason she is also an Ill Girl.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits
- Trapped in Another World
- Big Brother Mentor: Egghead to Chief, of course.
- Character Development
- Coming-of-Age Story
- Creator Breakdown: Chief uses wangst to power his artwork, by the end of the movie he's so content with life that he can't (and doesn't care to) make artwork anymore.
- Double Aesop: For Chief: Being fake is a waste of time. It's also a waste of time to try and change others who don't want to change. For Egghead: It's okay to be selfish as long as you're not hurting anyone, it's okay to put yourself first, sometimes. It's also okay to feel good about yourself, give yourself some credit every once in a while.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Egghead and Chief become this.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Bianca to Chief, allegedly.
- Screwball Comedy: In the beginning, the movie seems to be this, then it subverts, then it comes right around again, this time platonically.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: "You think you're top shit and you're not! You're just not! -laughs- You're boring and annoying and you know, you're hot enough to get away with it, so have a great life doing quirky things, finding unusual places, feeling so superior to everyone else on the goddamned planet, really, enjoy yourslef; but I can't deal with this bullshit anymore. So long, Bianca."
- Uptight Loves Wild: Chief to Bianca... and later, Egghead.
- Wangst: Chief, in the beginning. Ironically, he uses this to cover up real angst.
- Action Girl
- Amnesiac Hero: Of course.
- And the Adventure Continues
- Badass Adorable
- Biker Babe: She wishes.
- Buffy Speak: Ann tends to overuse "man" a lot, and while she understands how things work, technical terms get in her way. Everything becomes "that thing" or "that junk over there".
- Chaotic Good: Ann plays this trope completely straight. She's happy to kill people, break the law and otherwise cause destruction, and sometimes shows signs of real psychopathy while doing it, but she believes in good and does all these things in good's favor.
- Cute Bruiser
- Drop the Hammer
- Escort Mission: Dammit, DD! He gets better, though.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: From shaved to long, dirty locks. It symbolizes her gaining strength, competence, and self-assuredness.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars
- Laser-Guided Amnesia
- Patriotic Fervor: In a way... Ann likes America a lot, but she's really into U.S. Army stuff, not so much new military.
- The Pollyanna
- You Wake Up in a Room
- A Lighter Shade of Grey
- The Atoner
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl
- Broken Bird
- Happy Rain / Redemption in the Rain
- Humans Are Flawed
- If It's You, It's Okay
- Loony Friends Improve Your Personality
- Music Stories
- Peggy Sue / Fix Fic
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Conversed.
- The Hermit
- The Power of Friendship / Love
- When She Smiles
- Worth Living For
- You Are Not Alone / You Are Better Than You Think You Are