open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Get Backers - "Get Back the Arms of the Goddess!"
Akabane Kuroudo: [to the Get Backers] We've just got to stop meeting like this.
- Daredevil and his ex the Black Widow get into a brief fight before realizing each other's identities:
Daredevil: We can't go on meeting like this.Black Widow: True, Matthew. For if we do, we will either fall in love again or do each other grave bodily harm.Daredevil: Either one would be a disaster.
- In Final Crisis Aftermath, Most Excellent Superbat is haunted by the spirit of Ultimon-Alpha, who tries to get him to be a better hero.
Most Excellent Superbat: Ultimon-Alpha. We must stop meeting like this. Is every old ghost a life coach?
- From Loki: Agent of Asgard issue #1.
Loki: Um. Hello, The Avengers. We really have to stop meeting like this. *Flashback to the forming of the Avengers*
Rainbow Dash: Applejack!
Applejack: Whoof! And hello to y'all as well, Rainbow. We really gotta stop meetin' like this.
Applejack: ...Rainbow, remember what I said earlier about us not meetin' like—
- Becomes a Brick Joke later:
- Luigi tells this to Malon in chapter 47 of Super Paper Mario X when he finds out she fell down from the sky again.
Film - Animated
Film - Live-Action
- The Battle of Shaker Heights. Kelly has been sent to the office.
Principal Holmstead: Kelly, we have to stop meeting like this.
- Whats Up Doc
Judy: We gotta stop meeting like this.
Jokes and Humour
- A woman is having an affair with her dentist. The dentist tells her one day "We've got to stop meeting like this. You're almost out of teeth."
Live Action TV
- Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman: Dr Quinn says this to a man with a crushed arm.
- Highlander: The Series - "Judgment Day"
Methos: We've got to stop meeting like this, people will talk.
Duncan: We've got to stop meeting like this, Alexi. It's been half a century, what will people say?
- From an earlier episode:
- The above dentist joke was used in an episode of The Muppet Show, in one of the Animal Hospital segments.
Ms. Piggy: We have to stop meeting like this.
Patient: [on the operating table] I'll say, I'm running out of organs!
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder: Tommy to Zeltrax during one of their fights.
- Person of Interest. Reese says this after the third time he's turned up to save Leon Tao in the nick of time from a gang of thugs he's embezzled.
Hawkeye: [after a mid-air rendezvous with Kate] We must stop meeting like this.
Kate Kestrel: You're nothing if not original.
- In Red Dead Redemption, Dutch says this word for word to John Marston at the end of his story arc.
- In Max Payne, Mona Sax says this to the titular protagonist upon meeting by drawing guns on each other for the second time in the game. Its also the line spoken by Mona upon their first meeting in the second game.
- In the Hitman series the recurring special agent that 47 keeps having to rescue says this eventually. 47 notes that it's unlikely.
- The cloaker in PAYDAY 2 parodies this through one of his random lines when he incapacitates one of the heisters. Other lines imply that the heister and cloaker enjoy being together for that small moment of time.
- In Star Control 2, if you let the Dnyarri mind-control you, it will compel you to seek out an Ur-Quan ship to get yourself killed. The first time this happens, you can reason with the Ur-Quan and he will let you go in exchange for information. If this repeats though, your character can say this exact line (which won't make the Ur-Quan any less pissed at you.) Also, if you keep running out of fuel in deep space, the friendly merchants who come to rescue you will eventually say this.
- Spider-Man: The Animated Series: Brought up by Spidey after he saves Jameson for the umpteenth time.
Spider-Man: We've got to stop meeting like this, or else tongues will start to wag.
- The Spectacular Spider-Man: The first few episodes set up Marko and O'Hirn (the future Sandman and Rhino) as two of Spidey's regular punching bags. "We have got to stop meeting like this. People are starting to talk... mostly about what dupes you are."
- Ben 10: Ultimate Alien: During a flashback to when Grandpa Max first met Gwen's grandmother Verdona, he says this when he rescues her.