This sheet includes the major characters from The Legacy Of The Blood Ravens
. Expect a crossover with Dawn of War
open/close all folders
The Blood Ravens
Brother Nathaniel Augustine
"I have no name. Give me one."
The main character of Nothing But a List of Names to Mark His Ascension.
Nathaniel's career as a Space Marine began four years before the Tyranid Invasion of Subsector Aurelia. During this conflict, he rises to prominence as a gifted psyker and Assault Marine, serving under the young Sergeant Thaddeus of the Blood Ravens' 4th Company.
- Aura Vision: Jonah teaches Augustine to see the life-force of those around him. This becomes vital when they ambush Apothecary Galan, where he realizes that Galan and his group all have no aura, meaning that they were all dead.
- Cool Sword: The chainsword Thanatos.
- Now holds Halcyon, Aramus' old blade.
- Combat Pragmatist: Being the shortest of the new Blood Raven recruits, Augustine fights as much with guile and cunning as with brute force. His latent psychic abilities manifest themselves as flames, giving him an extra option in combat.
- The Nameless: As his quote indicates, he didn't have a name until Thule gave him one after surviving the Blood Trials.
- Playing with Fire: His powers manifest as this.
- Weak, but Skilled
Brother Ocella Lyon
Recruited at the same Blood Trial as Nathaniel Augustine, Ocella Lyon fights as a member of Tarkus' tactical squad. One of the most idealistic of the new recruits, he fights for an Imperium where Space Marines are no longer necessary.
Dubbed the Pale Monster by Augustine and Lyon, Nikephoros is a gruff, almost antagonistic Space Marine. While confrontational, he takes his duty seriously, and serves admirably in Tarkus' squad alongside Ocella Lyon.
- The Big Guy: Despite being smaller than Lyon, he serves as this in Tarkus' squad.
- Evil Weapon: Possibly his bolter.
- Heroic Albino: He's not very nice, but the Pale Monster still fights for the Imperium.
- Kill It with Fire: Wields a flamer as well as his bolter.
"I am Aramus, you will follow my orders and victory shall result. None shall find us wanting."
Once a member of the 5th Company, Aramus was reassigned to the 4th Company at the start of the Tyranid Invasion.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Rose to the rank of Force Commander due to his combat and strategic prowess.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: Never wears a helmet.
- Until he needs to go on a Space Hulk that is.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: At least until he finds Remembrance. Even afterwards he doesn't give it up.
- Killed Off for Real: On Aurelia after defeating Ulkair. He dies staring at the night sky praying to the Emperor like he did as a child.
- Peaceful in Death:: Wears a tranquil smile of satisfaction on his face.
- Pride: Incredibly arrogant. Aramus is a glory hound that risks his and his brothers' lives for glory.
- The Determinator: When he wants you dead, you will get dead. Broken limbs, bolters, and even sorcery won't stop him.
"Walk softly, and carry a big gun"
The sole viewpoint character of Firestorm over Kronus, Akileus is a Terminator veteran in service to First Captain Gaius on Kronus. He is an expert with an assault cannon and despite not holding a sergeant rank, he served as one of Davian Thule's confidantes on Kronus.
- The Big Guy: At least when wearing his Terminator Armor.
- A Father to His Men: A slightly strange example in that he commands no troops of his own, but he acts as a mentor and figure of inspiration to the Chapter's Scouts.
- Gatling Good: His signature assault cannon.
First Captain Gaius
A minor character in Firestorm over Kronus
and Nothing but a List of Names to Mark his Ascension
, Gaius is the Captain of the Blood Ravens 1st Company. He leads the Chapter's veterans on Kronus, following the overall leadership of 4th Captain Davian Thule. An incredibly brutal individual, Gaius never backs down from a fight.
- Blood Knight: Big time.
- Power Fist: Wields the Fist of the Father, a power fist that enhances psychic potential. Gaius isn't a psyker.
The Imperial Guard
Sergeant Major Gerard Merrick
Sergeant Wadden Hurst
"Its Wadden, not Waddy!"
A Sergeant in the 85th Vendoland when the Aurelian Crusade begins, Sergeant Hurst is quickly supplanted when Sergeant Major Merrick joins the regiment. Despite some tension, they work together well, leading the Daredevils to victory after victory.
Private Soras Kippler
"Sir, gate's gone"
The marksmen among the Daredevils, Private Kippler embodies the idea of a sniper. He hates wasting ammo, and will happily wait for a clear shot unless otherwise preoccupied. He tends to take point. Both Sergeant Merrick and Captain Uther trust him enough to see any hidden threats.
- Deadpan Snarker: When he's not just quiet.
- Friendly Sniper: Certainly not a Cold Sniper, Kippler gets along well with the rest of the squad.
- The Goggles Do Nothing: His glasses literally do nothing, he wears them to look smarter.
- The Big Guy: Second only to Vornas. He may wear his glasses to avoid looking like a brute.
- The Sneaky Guy: For a big dude in carapace armor, he's pretty sneaky.
- The Quiet One: It's said that he only speaks when spoken to, but that's not entirely true. He just talks when he has something important to say.
Private Lenham Remer
"Could Space Marines ride bears?"
Private Remer is an interesting individual. His personality quirks would normally have him under intense scrutiny by the Commissariat, but he's given leeway for being part of the so-called "most effective squad in the Company". Despite his love for humor and Seinfeldian Conversation
, Remer takes his job as a Daredevil seriously, and racks up massive body counts with his grenade launcher.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Absolutely.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He may joke around and act like an idiot, but when the chips are down, you do not want to be down the sights of his grenade launcher.
- Demolitions Expert: Not to the level of Vornas, but he's one of the squad's two grenadiers.
- Insane Troll Logic: Often. His theories tend to result in mass-groaning from the rest of the squad. His most famous theory is that every wound Alek receives gives the rest of the squad more time to live.
- The Face: He fancies himself this, and while to many people he's the most well known of the Daredevils, he isn't considered a good negotiator. Mainly because he jokes too much.
- Small Name, Big Ego: A rare example of one of these characters being sympathetic and even well liked. He just has a very over inflated personality. Commissar Connor does her best to keep him in place.
Private Borik Vornas
The other grenadier in the Daredevils, Vornas is the biggest guy on the time. Over the years he's fought, he's accumulated dozens of burn scars and other miscellaneous wounds. A bit more serious than Remer, he is the squad's true expert when it comes to Stuff Blowing Up
Warlock Drochasal Draoi
Draoi is a warlock of Craftworld Ulthwe who served as Idranel's personal bodyguard and confidant in the operations over sub-sector Aurelia. When Idranel is killed, Draoi personally takes his vengeance against the Blood Ravens despite the devastated condition of his war host.
Chaos Space Marines
Eliphas the Inheritor
Warp Blessed Amphion
"Suffer this, all the woes and evil in this world!"
Amphion and his brother Zathus fought for Eliphas the Inheritor on Kronus. Zathus was killed, and Amphion witnessed the Inheritor's death at the hands of M'kar the Reborn. With Eliphas returned to life, Amphion has taken up arms with the Dark Apostle once more.
- Anti-Villain: Type III on the sliding scale. He wants to free humanity from oppression by converting them to Chaos. Doesn't mean he won't kill women and children if they stand in his way though.
- Badass Grandpa: Amphion is older than Eliphas, born on Colchis right before the great crusade. He's also an incredibly powerful sorcerer.
- Combat Tentacles: An application of his sorcery, the manifestation of All a World's Evil.
- Deal with the Devil: Has a pact with Sin.
- Shout-Out: An insane priest with magical powers involving All the World's Evil? Sounds a bit like Kotomine Kirei.
- Villain Teleportation: In two different forms! Amphion can teleport both through his pact with Sin as well as through All the World's Evil.
Zephus-Hassan is a mystery among the traitor marines aboard the Monument of Sin. He is a Word Bearer, one of fifty that were recruited into the Black Legion following a crushing defeat. He wields a variety of unusual weapons, and is extremely loyal to Eliphas.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: One of his trademark weapons is a pair of blades hidden in gauntlets, akin to The Hashshashin.
- Danger Deadpan: Analyzes his own movements in fights as he does so. He's shocked when he realizes that he can't do this during his fight with Cculan. Its the first clue that it will be a real fight.
- Improbable Weapon User: He uses chains, needles, and various knives to kill when he takes up his Hassan garb. Though it was suggested he fought like a regular Space Marine before Eliphas found him in the Monument of Sin.
- Knife Nut: He has twelve.
- Lawful Evil: Follows Eliphas absolutely.
- Lightning Bruiser: Explicitly the most skilled character in the story, Zephus-Hassan is more dangerous than most Chapter Masters. A one on one fight with him is considered suicide, and even twelve Chaos Marines failed to kill him.
- Mysterious Past: He's old, possibly older than even Amphion, but still follows orders obediently. He has skills that overpower nearly every other Astartes in the setting. Even more, he has implied that Hassan isn't a name so much as a title.
- The Unfettered: Only Eliphas' goals matter. Anything else is secondary to him.
- Worthy Opponent: To Cculan. The Exarch is the first being to wound Zephus-Hassan in centuries.