Tropes related to characters from their original works go there.
open/close all folders
These are characters who have been in the longest or have been a important role in the story since it started.
Affiliation: Man of Science / Investigation Team
Powers: Signer Powers, Artes, Angel powers, Persona
Played by: Shadowkeykeeper
The main character of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds
, Yusei was brought in Arc One alongside Neo Domino City. Captured by Angels under Mithos Yggdrasil, Yusei was given a Cruxis Crystal and forced to be a Angel against his will to save Aki.
During the Battle of Zaphias he was knocked out and taken by Yuan, where he stayed after losing his memories except for the name Aki. After recovering his memories, Yusei has become a key leader in the fight against Wiseman.
- Adorkable: Best shown after he gets over his amnesia.
- Badass: Thanks to the months he's spent gaining powers, Yusei is one of the Roleplay's most powerful characters.
- Discard and Draw: Due to getting Amnesia in arc 2 and Yuan placing a seal on him, Yusei couldn't use his Signer Dragon at all. He relied on his Artes though instead, and later his Persona.
- Easy Amnesia: His Amnesia in arc 2 mainly comes from his injuries in Zaphias.
- Elemental Powers: Several in fact.
- Magic Knight: Like Kratos and Zelos, Yusei balances magic artes with physical artes. His persona Kartikeya also is one.
- Official Couple: With Aki in Arc 1.
- Those Two Guys: He and Jack have this going.
- Took a Level in Badass: Went from barely being able to fight, to a genuine Badass who can hold his own against some seriously dangerous people.
Arcana: None Yet
Powers: Artes, Yugioh Deck, Koumori upgrade \\
A half-elf from the world of Sylvarant, Raine was pulled into the story in Arc 1 where she quickly made her impact. Raine searches for her younger brother Genis before being caught up Wiseman's evil plans. Raine is a major figure in the roleplay and the closest to The Heroine
- Affably Evil: As a Dark Signer she was much more friendly and well mannered then the others.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: As a Dark Signer.
- Came Back Wrong: She died once in Arc 1 and came back to life as a Dark Signer.
- Combat Medic: Even more so then her own game, as with her Koumori upgrade, duel disk, and some new artes, Raine can hold her own and be a good healer.
- Deadpan Snarker: Thanks to some Character Development.
- Face Monster Turn: Turns evil after becoming a Dark Signer though unlike other examples, it was part willing and part not. Once she's killed again though she's back to normal.
- Holy Hand Grenade: What few offensive artes she uses are primarily this.
- Squishy Wizard: Despite getting some nifty new moves, Raine still cannot handle being attacked directly. In the Holiday Smackdown, she loses to Hong because despite her abilities, Hong is able to close the distance.