Voiced by: Mirai MoriyamaJesus is fun-loving and painfully earnest, but also a bit spacey and a somewhat careless with money. A great fan of Japanese dramas, he runs a blog dedicated to reviewing these shows. He has quite a lot of followers.
- Bloody Hilarious: His stigmata acts up when he gets stressed out, leading him to bleed from the forehead at inconvenient moments. Always Played for Laughs.
- Catch Phrase: Tends to shout "Exotic Japan!" whenever he sees something uniquely Japanese that interests him.
- Cloudcuckoolander: This is a man that got so excited about Santa Claus that he forgot his own birthday on Christmas Eve.
- Looks Like Jesus: Inverted. According to a high school girl, Jesus looks a lot like Johnny Depp.
- Making a Splash: Accidentally parts the water at the swimming pool when trying to swim.
- Occidental Otaku: He's notably more interested in Japanese culture than Buddha is.
- Pals with Buddha
- Power Incontinence: Small miracles pop up whenever he's too happy or excited. His head also starts bleeding (from his crown of thorns) when he does something self-sacrificing. It makes keeping a low profile a bit difficult.
- Super Drowning Skills: The reason Jesus walked on water? He can't swim. At all. He can't open his eyes underwater either; trying caused his stigmata to start bleeding.
Voiced by: Gen HoshinoThe more level-headed of the duo, Buddha tends to be more responsible and frugal than Jesus, although he has his moments. Buddha has a bad habit of glowing whenever he says or does something too virtuous, and has somehow become the rival of a gang of school boys
- Blank White Eyes: Usually gets these when freaked out or stressed.
- Compressed Hair: His hair is so long that it fills the entire screen. Good thing it's usually kept under control.
- Friend to All Living Things: Cats and birds gather around their apartment, to the displeasure of the landlady. If given a chance, the animals will climb all over Buddha, using him as a perch.
- Sometimes taken to absolutely ridiculous extremes. If Buddha comments that he's hungry, animals will show up at his door, matches in paw/claw, ready to sacrifice themselves for him.
- Fun T-Shirt: Silk-screens the shirts that he and Jesus wears. He doesn't want Jesus to find out that he's responsible for the shirts though.
- Not So Above It All: While Buddha is usually the more responsible one, he can get really worked up at times (usually when a sale is involved).
- Pals with Jesus
- Power Incontinence: Frequently creates small miracles by accident. His halo comes out whenever he says or does anything too virtuous, creating a blinding glow.
- Pungeon Master: An accidental example. He doesn't try to make puns, but he frequently does, to Jesus' amusement.
- Straight Man
Matsuda-sanThe landlady of Matsuda Heights, the apartment complex where Jesus and Buddha are staying for their vacation. A crabby busybody, Matsuda-san rules Matsuda Heights with a stern glare and a list of rules printed on the fence.
- Apron Matron: At sixty years of age, Matsuda-san is still a force to be reckoned with. She watches over her tenants like a hawk, sternly enforcing her nine (later ten) rules. That said, while strict, she is also rather kind to her tenants. She regularly brings cooked meals to the two saints and often checks up on them.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
DaisukeThe leader of a gang of boys that regularly torments Buddha.
- Bratty Half-Pint
- The Dreaded: Buddha hides his forehead whenever this kid is in sight.
- Finger Poke of Doom: Enjoys poking Buddha on the spot on his forehead.
- The Rival: Has declared Buddha his rival, to the latter's dismay.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: He seems to think (or at least is pretending) that he's the protagonist of a Shōnen series with Buddha as his rival.
Yakuza guyA local Yakuza member who Jesus befriends. Is under the impression that Jesus is the son of a Yakuza Boss
- Yakuza: Duh.
MichealLeader of the archangels who seems to look up to his brother's rebellion more than he should.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: While not always the brightest, Micheal is very kind and gracious to everyone. That and he is also blond.
- Ambiguous Gender: While it is stated that Micheal is a boy and goes by he/him, by looking at him you wouldn't be able to tell. (This goes for pretty much all the angels, except Uriel.)
UrielOne of the archangels who is very stoic and very silent. Could probably kill you.
GabrielOne of the archangels, he's very happy go lucky just like the other angels.
RaphielThe archangel of healing. Very calm and doesn't talk to much.
MaraDemon who tried to tempt Buddha under the Bodhi tree. Very lonely.
- Gender Bender: Nakamura has gone on record saying she took a lot of her inspiration for saint young men from Osamu Tezuka's Buddha. In that version, Mara is portrayed as a seductive female figure while Nakamura changed him to a guy for better character dynamic.
- Snake People: Mara is usually seen with his lower body being that of a snake, again similar to how Mara was in Osamu Tezuka's Buddha.
- Adorkable: While not a stereotypical dork, the way he usually frets over buddha and wishes he'd notice him is very cute.
- Tsundere: Constantly texts Buddha despite always calling him "stupid!" and fretting over what emoji's to use when he texts him.
- Sustained Misunderstanding: In Chapter 32, Mara interprets something he says in Japanese as "When you eat with the devil, even the hotpot doesn't taste good..." This cause's him to cry and run out of Buddha and Jesus's apartment. This is because the japanese word for "devil" and "scum on a hotpot" are the same. (Aku.)
LuciferDemon who was the former head of the archangels. Has a thing for glam rock and soccer.
- Chippendales Dancers: He's always shown wearing an open-vest-style chippendales outfit, complete with a pink feather boa.
- The Tease: While not always out-right sexual, he seems to enjoy teasing other characters on multiple occasions. In the halloween chapter, he says to Jack "If you leave him with me, I'll bite him a lot!" while smirking. Jack is surprisingly okay with this.
- The Devil Is a Loser: He doesn't seem to have that good of a work ethic, or even be that powerful.
- Hopeless with Tech: When he wins a Macbook Air in the Halloween chapter, he assumes he can play soccer with it. He thinks the use of it is pointless, much to the duress of Jesus.
- Angel/Devil Shipping: Most fan's around pixiv seem to enjoy shipping Lucifer with Michael. They may have missed the memo about the two of them being brothers.
- Deadpan Snarker: Very snarky, especially to Jesus.
- Berserk Button: Mention something about how he should apologize to Michael because he's the older brother, and he will go off.
- Cain and Abel: Lucifer makes a direct comparison to him and Mike in the manga.
- Inelegant Blubbering: Does this when Jesus brings up how Michael is worried about him.
- Blinding Bangs: His bangs are always obscuring his eyes, maybe with good reason...
- Prophet Eyes: In a sketch released by Nakamura, he is shown with whited-out eyes. Their purpose isn't known.
- Biblical Bad Guy: Literally.
- Satan Is Good: Despite being a huge tease, after he leaves it's revealed he actually brought a dessert for Jesus and Buddha. That and in the Halloween Chapter, he is really sympathetic towards them both when he thinks they got sent to hell.
PeterOne of the disciples who is very brash but over all pretty nice. Seems to get angry pretty easily though.
- Berserk Button: Don't diss God or he will mess you up.
- Big Brother: Makes some brash mistakes on more than one occasion. In which Andrew usually has to keep him grounded.
- Fiery Red Head: Peter is this, while not always angry he's definetely brash and excitable.
AndrewDisciple who constantly can be seen with his brother Peter. Likes to play Demon Hunter. (An in-manga MMO parody.)
- Blinding Bangs: Andrew's bangs seem to always cover his eyes, despite sometimes turning into a case of *Peek-a-Bangs
JudasDisciple famous for betraying Jesus, now he just seems to have a death wish on himself.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Judas's hair does this.
- The Eeyore: Judas constantly puts himself down, and is always apologizing for everything.
- Biblical Bad Guy: Well, literally. Though he seems to be forgiven by Jesus this time around.
Jack o' lanternCriminal famous for wearing a jack o' lantern on his head, shows up in the halloween chapter. In other chapters he still hangs out with Lucifer.
- Berserk Button: Don't mess up his entrance. Just don't.