Here are examples of characters in Saint Young Men
Voiced by: Mirai Moriyama
Jesus is fun-loving and painfully earnest, but also a bit spacey and a somewhat careless with money. A great fan of Japanese dramas, he runs a blog dedicated to reviewing these shows. He has quite a lot of followers.
Voiced by: Gen Hoshino
The more level-headed
of the duo, Buddha tends to be more responsible and frugal than Jesus, although he has his moments
. Buddha has a bad habit of glowing whenever he says or does something too virtuous, and has somehow become the rival of a gang of school boys
- Blank White Eyes: Usually gets these when freaked out or stressed.
- Compressed Hair: His hair is so long that it fills the entire screen. Good thing it's usually kept under control.
- Friend to All Living Things: Cats and birds gather around their apartment, to the displeasure of the landlady. If given a chance, the animals will climb all over Buddha, using him as a perch.
- Fun Tshirt: Silk-screens the shirts that he and Jesus wears. He doesn't want Jesus to find out that he's responsible for the shirts though.
- Not so Above It All: While Buddha is usually the more responsible one, he can get really worked up at times (usually when a sale is involved).
- Pals with Jesus
- Power Incontinence: Frequently creates small miracles by accident. His halo comes out whenever he says or does anything too virtuous, creating a blinding glow.
- Pungeon Master: An accidental example. He doesn't try to make puns, but he frequently does, to Jesus' amusement.
- Stop Helping Me!: To the chicken and turkey that tried to sacrifice themselves for Jesus' birthday meal.
- Straight Man
The landlady of Matsuda Heights, the apartment complex where Jesus and Buddha are staying for their vacation. A crabby busybody, Matsuda-san rules Matsuda Heights with a stern glare and a list of rules printed on the fence.
- Apron Matron: At sixty years of age, Matsuda-san is still a force to be reckoned with. She watches over her tenants like a hawk, sternly enforcing her nine (later ten) rules. That said, while strict, she is also rather kind to her tenants. She regularly brings cooked meals to the two saints and often checks up on them.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
The leader of a gang of boys that regularly torments Buddha.
A local Yakuza member who Jesus befriends. [[spoiler! Is under the impression that Jesus is the son of a Yakuza Boss]]