Characters: Saint Young Men
Here are examples of characters in Saint Young Men.
Voiced by: Mirai MoriyamaJesus is fun-loving and painfully earnest, but also a bit spacey and a somewhat careless with money. A great fan of Japanese dramas, he runs a blog dedicated to reviewing these shows. He has quite a lot of followers.
- Bloody Hilarious: His stigmata acts up when he gets stressed out, leading him to bleed from the forehead at inconvenient moments. Always Played for Laughs.
- Catch Phrase: Tends to shout "Exotic Japan!" whenever he sees something uniquely Japanese that interests him.
- Cloudcuckoolander: This is a man that got so excited about Santa Claus that he forgot his own birthday on Christmas Eve.
- Looks Like Jesus: Inverted. According to a high school girl, Jesus looks a lot like Johnny Depp.
- Making a Splash: Accidentally parts the water at the swimming pool when trying to swim.
- Occidental Otaku: He's notably more interested in Japanese culture than Buddha is.
- Pals with Buddha
- Power Incontinence: Small miracles pop up whenever he's too happy or excited. It makes keeping a low profile a bit difficult.
- Super Drowning Skills: The reason Jesus walked on water? He can't swim. At all. He can't open his eyes underwater either; trying caused his stigmata to start bleeding.
Voiced by: Gen HoshinoThe more level-headed of the duo, Buddha tends to be more responsible and frugal than Jesus, although he has his moments. Buddha has a bad habit of glowing whenever he says or does something too virtuous, and has somehow become the rival of a gang of school boys
- Blank White Eyes: Usually gets these when freaked out or stressed.
- Compressed Hair: His hair is so long that it fills the entire screen. Good thing it's usually kept under control.
- Friend to All Living Things: Cats and birds gather around their apartment, to the displeasure of the landlady. If given a chance, the animals will climb all over Buddha, using him as a perch.
- Sometimes taken to absolutely ridiculous extremes. If Buddha comments that he's hungry, animals will show up at his door, matches in paw/claw, ready to sacrifice themselves for him.
- Fun Tshirt: Silk-screens the shirts that he and Jesus wears. He doesn't want Jesus to find out that he's responsible for the shirts though.
- Not So Above It All: While Buddha is usually the more responsible one, he can get really worked up at times (usually when a sale is involved).
- Pals with Jesus
- Power Incontinence: Frequently creates small miracles by accident. His halo comes out whenever he says or does anything too virtuous, creating a blinding glow.
- Pungeon Master: An accidental example. He doesn't try to make puns, but he frequently does, to Jesus' amusement.
- Straight Man
Matsuda-sanThe landlady of Matsuda Heights, the apartment complex where Jesus and Buddha are staying for their vacation. A crabby busybody, Matsuda-san rules Matsuda Heights with a stern glare and a list of rules printed on the fence.
- Apron Matron: At sixty years of age, Matsuda-san is still a force to be reckoned with. She watches over her tenants like a hawk, sternly enforcing her nine (later ten) rules. That said, while strict, she is also rather kind to her tenants. She regularly brings cooked meals to the two saints and often checks up on them.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
DaisukeThe leader of a gang of boys that regularly torments Buddha.
- Bratty Half-Pint
- The Dreaded: Buddha hides his forehead whenever this kid is in sight.
- Finger Poke of Doom: Enjoys poking Buddha on the spot on his forehead.
- The Rival: Has declared Buddha his rival, to the latter's dismay.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: He seems to think (or at least is pretending) that he's the protagonist of a Shōnen series with Buddha as his rival.
Yakuza guyA local Yakuza member who Jesus befriends. Is under the impression that Jesus is the son of a Yakuza Boss
- Yakuza: Duh.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.