Characters / Magna Carta 2
Juto is a young man living on Highwind Island, with no memory of his past or his identity. He is dragged into the war when his island is attacked by the Northern Forces.
Rzephillda Grena "Zephie" Berlinette
The princess of Lanzheim, who is the rightful heir to the throne after her mother's assassination. She fights on the front lines, which the Southern Forces officials do not approve of.
A member of the Trewa race, and a former chieftain of them who lost his position after the Northern Forces destroyed his clan. He joined the Counter-Sentinel Unit because of this.
A wizard whose parents were killed by the civil war. He joined the Counter-Sentinel Unit to avenge them.
A member of the Mare people whose mother died when she was young, and believes her father died as well. In truth, her father was a mercenary gone native
and left after her mother's death, only to be turned into a Sentinel by the Northern Forces.
Siara Rue "Rue" Tessia
A woman who is Zephie's loyal guardian. She tries not to show any emotion, and firmly believes (like the Southern Forces generals) that Zephie should never be put into harm's way.
- Flat Character: Though she gets a little development, in the second character drama.
- Known Only by Their Nickname: Her full name is never spoken.
- Lady of War: She uses graceful 'katana' or 'shuriken' styles, and maintains an air of cool, detached competency throughout the entire story.
- Living Prop: If she was replaced with a random soldier during her introduction, the story really wouldn't be affected.
- When She Smiles: According to Celestine, she has a beautiful smile. In actuality, it's a very creepy Off-Model look after completing the side quest where it happens.
The Northern Forces
The Prime Minister, who assassinated the Queen Ibrin for some reason and became the ruler of Lanzheim.
Schuenzeit's right hand woman.
Mad scientist who leads the Sentinel project.
Elgar the Regicide
The assassin who killed Queen Ibrin, and the original Sentinel. He is actually a clone of Juto.
The Southern Forces
The leader of the Southern Forces, a noble who Zephie joined up with while fleeing from Schuenzeit. Actually in cahoots with Schuenzeit.
The aide-de-camp of the Southern Forces, and former captain of the guard for Queen Ibrin.
StrassThe great hero who ended the Great Carta War 1000 years ago, by committing genocide on the Carta race. He then used their Kan to power his kamond, and made up for it by also powering La Strada so that no-one would ever have to farm again. This didn't quite work out, as it runs out approximately every 150 years. He makes more Kan by starting a war with a clone of himself.
A member of the Avis race, who takes delight in spamming the people of Lanzheim through their Cube Mail with educational emails. He gets kidnapped by the Northern Forces and rescued by the Counter-Sentinel Unit later on in the game, when he helps them out.
- Spammer: He exploits the fact that if you don't put a recipient on Cube Mail, everyone gets it.
Juto's surrogate big sister, who takes care of him and bosses him about on Highwind Island. She is killed by Elgar very early on, leading to Juto joining the Counter-Sentinel Unit to avenge her. She is not actually killed, but turned into a Sentinel and joins the Northern Forces. When she undergoes her Sentinel transformation, the party is forced to kill her.
- Villains Never Lie: She believes this. It doesn't last forever, luckily, but by then it's too late for her.