The characters of the manga series Hyakuen!
A "spendthrift" who is initially saving up 10,000 yen for a scooter, Momo is roommates with Madoka and constantly changes her dream goal
. She's cheerful, quite ditsy, and is prone to completely miss the point
Momo's roommate and an "economist," Madoka is also saving up money for her dream — saving 1,000,000 yen in order to go see her grandfather in Germany. Stoic
and a Deadpan Snarker
, Madoka is Momo's Foil
. She has an arranged fiancÚ
Kazuma, who she refuses to recognize.
A mutual classmate and friend of Momo and Madoka.
Madoka's childhood friend and rival, Chouko will often boast about her new purchases in front of Momo and Madoka and acts like a a mix between an Ojou
and a Rich Bitch
, but she really earns all the money she uses through a variety of part-time jobs
daughter of a financial group leader, Kyouka is naive towards the customs of those beneath her. People treat her like an Ojou
in a respectful but distant manner, leading to Kyouka's strong desire to make friends.
Madoka's arranged fiancÚ
. In spite of Madoka's insistence on not recognizing him as her husband-to-be, Kazuma goes through great lengths to impress her, though his Played for Laughs
methods tend to dip into Stalker with a Crush
- Arranged Marriage: With Madoka. To him, it's a Perfectly Arranged Marriage.
- Butt Monkey
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Subverted. He tries, though.
- Declaration of Protection: He's not quite good at it, but he's well-intentioned. He even combined their balconies in case of emergencies.
- Dogged Nice Guy
- Hidden Depths: In spite of his appearance and attitude, Kazuma wasn't rich to begin with. As a child, Kazuma's family was poor and his homelessness was often teased by bullies.
- Idiot Hero
- Nice Guy
- Opposites Attract: Is attracted to The Stoic Deadpan Snarker Madoka.
- Red Oni: To Touya's Blue Oni.
- Rescue Romance: As kids, Madoka defended a then homeless Kazuma from bullying, which led to him falling in love with her.
- Rich in Dollars, Poor in Sense
- Sixth Ranger: Shared with Touya. He also qualifies for The Chick and the Plucky Comic Relief.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: A gender-flipped example.
- Stalker with a Crush: Lampshaded by their class when he mentions transferring to Madoka's class to find her, spending a month looking for her, and spending three hours looking at the mirrors merely because he get to see her.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Madoka slowly starts to warm up to Kazuma... only for Kazuma to get hilariously arrested, getting mistaken for the porn neighbor.
Touya MochizukiThe Stoic
and Servile Snarker
assistant of Kazuma's. He is often prone to nosebleed