open/close all folders
Shallot (シャロット, Sharotto)
Voiced by: Kenji Akabane (Japanese); Alejandro Saab (English)An ancient Saiyan "from before Goku's time", the amnesic Shallot is trying to repiece his past as he participates in the Tournament of Time.
"Dunno what to think about that Saiyan business. 'Warrior race'? Sounds fishy to me..."
- Affectionate Nickname: Goku calls him "Shall".
- Amnesiac Hero: He suffers from amnesia, and can't remember his name. "Run, Shallot!" is the only thing he can remember.
- Anime Hair: A hedgehog-shaped hair, very similar to the hairstyle Gohan had during the Cell saga.
- Blue Is Heroic: He wears a navy blue and black colored Saiyan battle armor and portrayed as a relatively goodwill fighter.
- Canon Foreigner: Like the Supreme Kai of Time and Android 21, Shallot is a character from the video games, not existing in the original manga. Like with 21, however, his existence doesn't contradict anything from the series so far.
- Edible Theme Naming: A shallot is a kind of onion. He shares etymology with the proposed Saiyan name for Vegeta's daughter.
- Emerald Power: He has green energy.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He is a bit grumpy, and hates that people constantly annoy him, but is a decent guy. Is ambiguous, however, if this is because of his amnesia.
- Kid from the Future: Inverted. He appears to be from the distant past, as the armor he wears is the Sadalan armor worn by the Saiyans before joining Frieza's forces. Not surprisingly, he was summoned for the Tournament of Time.
- Prehensile Tail: Like other pure-breed Saiyans of the past, Shallot has a monkey tail, which unlike most adult Saiyans he doesn't wrap around his waist.
- Pretty Boy: He is fairly handsome, and unlike a lot of Saiyans introduced after the end of the original manga, Shallot has an ideal body figure to go with the good-looking face.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: He shares the eagerness to battle like most Saiyans of his kind.
Zahha (ザッハ, Zahha)
Voiced by: Ryotaro OkiayuA young magical swordsman from a distant time and place. He is an ally of Shallot and company during the Tournament of Time.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Has green skin.
- Bishōnen: An elf-ish looking pretty boy of long hair.
- Cool Sword: As a dual wielding swordsman, he wields two medieval swords.
- Early-Bird Cameo: A extreme close up of his eyes and his swords are seen in the game opening of Legends, roughly a month before his official design was shown to the public in V-Jump and many months before his official introduction in the fully released game.
- Edible Theme Naming: His name dervives from the Viennese chocolate cake Sachertorte, which is romanized as Zahhatorute due to its pronunciation.
- Ice King: Generally described as having an icy demeanor, yet offers his help to Shallot.
- Pointy Ears: He has pointy ears, similar to that of demons and many alien species in the franchise.
The Saiyan in Red
Voiced by: Kenji NojimaA mysterious figure who looks like Shallot, breaking havoc everywhere.
I'll admit my power can't hold a candle to yours, not as is it now. But know this: I will hunt you. Itís inevitable. The blood of the defeated... the blood of the tainted...both will be expunged from existence! By me! Balance will reign once more!
- Alternate Self: Discussed Trope. Beerus and Whis discuss if he could be Shallot from a different era, where he didn't have any amnesia.
- Big Bad: He is the main antagonist of Legends due to breaking havoc everywhere during the Tournament of Time, and having a personal reason for wanting Shallot dead.Ha ha ha! At last! At long last! I can wring the life out of your filthy body!
- Blood Knight: A common Saiyan trait, he loves to fight. Jaco notices he is a natural born killer.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Like with Zanhha, he appears in the opening of Legends roughly a month before his official design was shown to the public in V-Jump, and many months before his official introduction in the fully released game. He is shown back to back with Shallot.
- Expy: Similar to many movie villains, The Saiyan In Red appears to be inspired by Goku Black. Both are misterious figures who are identical to the protagonist, are introduced wreaking havoc in an city, claim to do things for the greater good (balance instead of justice) and they have a similar energy to someone else. This is lampshaded by Beerus, who wonders if he is a similar case to Black.
- Identical Stranger: He looks just like Shallot under the hood, even with a similar armor. Beerus even compares him with Goku Black, and suspects he may be an Alternate Self.
- In the Hood: Dons a red hood over his head.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: His claims are vague as of now, but he claims to do what he does for the sake of "balance".