Characters / Chess Piece
The list of characters of Chess Piece
Main CharactersPrince Danny Masters"I will not be future King of Dalv. I will be the immortal King of Earth! And it will be justified because I did it!"
The (currently) 17 year old prince of Dalv Kingdom
. Danny Masters is the only child of King Vlad and the next heir to the throne. Manipulative
, rude, condescending, and clever, young Danny constantly pulls strings on everyone
to get what he wants: World Domination
. So naturally he can't let the Chaos Order (they're aware it's an oxymoron
) get their hands on the Seven Crystals
that'll give them the push for global conquest (and the universe).
Adding to his attitude, Danny is a snobby young man who takes great pride in his political role. But he is also a chronic mama's boy and considers her to be a saint. Though he currently undergoes the typical teenage drama
from his father
, Danny is dangerously clingy towards him and refuses to share him with anyone else. He often treats those close to him as pawns in his plans, but he is slowly and surely realizing that they are his friends
Vlad Masters"He...is no mere man. He sees with eyes uncloud."
- Arranged Marriage: With Paulina to secure alliance with Amity Nation. As far as anyone is concerned though, it's a loving marriage...right?
- Byronic Hero: So much. He is growing worst, even.
- The Caligula: Danny is slowly edging towards this if not already at it!
- Character Development: Very slowly, he's starting to realize that the people who care for him despite his attitude are truly worth keeping as friends, not pawns. Very slowly.
- The Chess Master
- Consummate Liar
- Creepy Child: He may have killed his great-grandfather because "He got in the way".
- Dangerously Genre Savvy
- Defrosting Ice Prince: What he's slowly becoming.
- Depraved Bisexual
- Draco in Leather Pants: For some reason, the fans still like him the best. Why? He's a jerk!
- Evil Prince
- Has Two Daddies: Sorta. Vlad was a single father, but he had help from Skulker, Danny's godfather.
- Kissing Cousins: He and Elliot are a little too close. Compared to distant cousin Danielle who is obsessive over Danny (much to his annoyance). He is also drawn to Jazz, both of whom are unaware of their relation.
- The Lancer: In the Five-Man Band, this is him as Vlad is to The Hero
- Lonely Rich Kid
- Magnificent Bastard and Manipulative Bastard
- Momma's Boy: For that matter, this applies to his father as well
- Morality Pet: His father, Vlad. Probably the only person he respects...and fears!
- Chaotic Neutral: He'll do whatever he can to rule the world, but it's ambiguous just what he plans to do with the planet once he governs it.
- Royal Brat
- Ship Tease: The candidates are...*drumrolls*... Valerie, Sam, Paulina, Ghost Writer, and Vlad. Yes, Vlad''.
- The Stoic
- Take Over the World: His goal.
- Villain Protagonist
- Warrior Prince: Duh
The recently turned 41-year-old current King of Dalv. It's hard to imagine how a man like him had a son like Danny; Vlad is kind, compassionate, open-minded, and caring. Having been an adventurer in his past, Vlad has seen much of the world and uses that experience to better the kingdom, largely contributing to the growing Roarin20s. He is often childish despite his age
, but has years of wisdom. His #1 concern is his son whom he dotes on. He may or may not
be aware of Danny's goal for world domination.
Despite his beloved status and personality, Vlad struggles with his true inner feelings; one where he hates
his job as King, feeling restricted and burdened with a duty he only took up for Danny's sake
. Sometimes, he wonders if it's right to blame Danny for all this...
Sir Skulker"Me? Well, I like baseball."
- Blessed with Suck: He got magic and tough skin out of the Deal with the Devil that saved Danny's life, but it made him unable to swim or tolerate cold. On the other hand, he can walk into an active volcano.
- Bumbling Dad: Sorta. He's a good father, he just acts like he's 24 (incidentally, the age when his son was born).
- Chaotic Good / Chaotic Neutral: He uses his Kingly status to help those in need, regardless of the law (which he'll likely try and change to appeal to others). He may also be in the neutral category because he allies himself with everyone and no one at the same time, preferring to help without judging others.
- Children Raise You: Vlad was much more free-spirited before Danny came into his life.
- Fanservice: I do this too much to him.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: Vlad has to drink a quart of blood a month to survive. He uses pig's blood.
- The Heart
- Human Mom, Non-Human Dad: Sorta. Vlad was human when Danny was born, but he turned into a blue-skinned demon when his son was only three.
- Nice Hat: No one is allowed to touch his cowboy hat, not even his son. NO ONE.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Well, his Sifu was Iroh.
- Papa Wolf: God forbid you do something bad to his son. He will go apeshit on you.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: He rather help out full frontal then stick around doing paperworks all day.
- Smoking Is Cool: The reason why he smokes. Though he does this in secret.
- Survivor Guilt: Why he sacrificed his freedom to be King and raise his son. He may be secretly resentful about it.
- The Hero: When compared to his son, at least!
- The Unfavorite: How Abe treats him. Vlad doesn't know he's actually Abe's favorite son.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: He firmly believes or tries to achieve alliance from all kingdoms, but he's smart enough to know that some nations (Nippon Empire) just don't want to be allied with in which he at least tries to stay on their good side.
- The Wise King
Skulker is Vlad's best friend. He may be the general of the Dalvian armed force and ridiculously huge, but he's really sweet and adorable
. He's loyal to Vlad and anyone whom he deems as a friend, causing him to be reliable and honest, not to mention a doormat. He's in love with Sam Manson, but is too shy to say anything about it.Valerie Gray"I'll keep working hard to one day defeat you and win your heart!"
A top spy for the Dalvian Kingdom, Valerie Gray is an 18-year-old Action Girl
. She is aggressive, hot tempered, and quick to judge. Her behavior is through the poor and rough life she led as a child while her job as a spy is due to her thieving past. She is currently in love with Danny and is resentful of Paulina because of it.Sam Manson"Who knows? Maybe I can find myself, my purpose with this path."
A 15-year-old orphan, freed from demons where she was their slave (among others). Sam is getting used to the world and her newfound freedom. She hopes to free the others who are enslaved by demonkind. Passionate, she often reacts whenever she feels something is wrong. At the same time, she is trying to find a meaning to her life
, Cujo fell from the sky for reasons unexplained. She is unusually green and possess a number of strange powers. She is drawn to both Danny and Vlad and is connected to the Seven Crystals. How and why remains to be seen. For now, she's a cute, playful, and loyal dog.
Secondary CharactersJazzTucker FoleyDash BaxterKwanTechnusJack Fenton
- Cool Car: The Fenton RV is still here!
- Fantastic Racism: Towards ghosts. He is unaware or in denial that his vast of anti-ghost weapons are technology first developed by ghosts.
- Large Ham: He's a very boisterous being.
- Love Triangle: What he's going through with Vlad over Maddie.
The primary antagonist of the series. He's currently on a mad pursuit to claim his "papa" Vlad, even if it means destroying the entire universe to do so.Chaos Orders
The Masters' Family
The desolate, crude, eccentric, borderline insane
Royal family of Dalv Kingdom. It composes of senile, recovering-from-Stroke, racist former King Abraham Masters
, his incredibly young wife
, the dim-witted Tiffany Snow
, their son William
, Vlad's older half-brother, the easily scared and panicky Man Child Duke
, his son, the shrewd, stupid, dumbass Elliot
, and distant cousin