Characters: Bloody Urban
Characters of Bloody Urban
Murray MansonOstensibly the series' main character, Murray is a nervous, awkward werewolf who moved to Sydney from Dublin, Ireland. Arguably one of the most level-headed members of the cast, to say nothing of the company he keeps.
- Afraid of Needles
- The Alleged Car: Murray's car seems to not cooperate with him very often.
- Beady-Eyed Loser: When he takes off his glasses, his eyes are just black dots.
- Berserk Button: High pitched noises
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Especially when using a dog whistle.
- Big Ol' Unibrow
- Brilliant, but Lazy
- By the Lights of Their Eyes: Murray has tapetum lucidum, resulting in a very creepy green eye-glow
- Carpet of Virility
- Deadpan Snarker
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: He has an extra set of teeth that can only be seen by x-ray.
- Mr. Fanservice: There have only been two shower scenes in Bloody Urban so far and they were both Murray
- Fan Disservice: He's also had a wet t-shirt scene, but that was after allowing himself be eaten and regurgitated.
- Official Couple: With Camille.
- Real Men Wear Pink
- The Un-Smile: ASCZ once joked that instead of turning into a wolf on the full moon, Murray turns into Smile dog.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Shannon.
- Weaksauce Weakness: He's red-green colourblind and allergic to mistletoe.
- Wolf Man
- You Sexy Beast
Shannon 'Shaz' ArcuniA ghoul, and Murray's co-worker and best friend. Self-described mad genius, obsessed with eating, chainsaws and True Art. Not to be left around corpses or animals.
- Ambiguous Gender: Shaz is genderfluid and referred to in-universe with alternating male, female and neutral pronouns.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Charcoal gray with dark green patches.
- Animal Eyes: Yellow, with slitted pupils
- Animal Motifs: Although ghouls are usually associated with hyenas, Shaz also has a lot of snake-like attributes, such as a forked tongue, slitted pupils, an outfit of mostly green clothes, and the ability to swallow people whole.
- Annoying Laugh: Word of God has compared it to that of a Hyena.
- Big Eater
- Big Fun
- Braces of Orthodontic Overkill: mentions being forced to wear them in Anaconda
- Chainsaw Good
- Cheshire Cat Grin
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Dark-Skinned Blond
- Demon Head: As seen in Monster Noises
- Enfant Terrible: Shaz tried to kill one of their classmates when they were 10.
- Extreme Omnivore
- Fun T-Shirt: including a zazzle shirt which you can actually buy
- Large Ham
- Mad Artist
- Nice Hat
- The Pigpen
- Otherworldly and Sexually Ambiguous
- Race Lift: A fantasy variation- in the earlier comics Shaz was a vampire, then they got retconned into a ghoul.
- To Serve Man
- Voluntary Shapeshifting
- You Are Who You Eat
Camille DominoMurray's girlfriend; a crass, hot-headed female vampire with blue skin and a deformed face, who is 116 years old but emotionally about 12.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Light blue, but it darkens to a more realistic shade when she feeds on blood. Being of African heritage, she averts the usual 'white people only' clause of the trope.
- Comedic Sociopathy
- Compelling Voice: When she uses it, her speech balloons (and those of the people she's hypnotising) are purple with a white outline.
- Fang Thpeak: Camille has fangs in the front which give her a speech impediment.
- Game Face: When using her powers her eyes become solid orange.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's extremely flippant and selfish at times but seems to genuinely care about Murray.
- The Lad-ette
- Looks Like Orlok: Essentially she's Orlok as a Cute Monster Girl
- Monochromatic Eyes: see Game Face above
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Lampshaded by the alt text of Monster Noises- "Camille can fly when she's required to be at people's eye level. I decided that just now."
- Official Couple: With Murray
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse
- Terrified of Germs: Murray says Camille has a 'thing' about coming into contact with human fluids that aren't blood and purposely avoids him while he's sick.
ShaunShannon's vampire ex-roommate, a laid back, dirty-looking stoner with a blue, leech-like appendage in place of a tongue.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Orange
- Ambiguously Human Undead: He's described as a vampire, but it's unclear what kind of vampire he actually is
- Body Horror: His tongue has teeth on it.
- Does Not Like Shoes
- Multipurpose Tongue
- The Slacker
- Stoners Are Funny
- Vegetarian Vampire: Shaun survives on a diet of livestock and protein shakes.
- Put on a Bus: is presumably in jail
Angelica PasternakAn eccentric, childish Russian college student in her early 20's, and perennially-drunk flatmate of Libby.
- Bacon Addiction
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Drives Like Crazy
- '80s Hair
- Eloquent In My Native Tongue
- Funetik Aksent: Her Russian accent is rendered stylistically as doubled v's instead of w's and backwards capital R's
- Funny Foreigner
- Fun T-Shirt: Usually either wears a shirt with a picture of bacon on it, or one depicting a T-Rex flying in space with the words 'It's Possible' written under it.
- Genius Ditz: According to her character dossier, she's really good at physics and math.
- Genki Girl
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl
- Perky Goth
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead
- Unfazed Everyman
- Vodka Drunkenski: Very rarely is she seen without a vodka bottle on hand. She even pours it onto her popcorn.
Libby NeonAngelica's roommate, a very attractive but ill-tempered Mad Veterinarian whose interests are motorcycles, animal rights and Ancient Astronauts.
- Affably Evil
- Asian and Nerdy
- Biker Babe
- Brainy Brunette
- Conspiracy Theorist: She blames most of her problems on reptoids.
- Evilutionary Biologist
- Gag Boobs
- Girlish Pigtails
- Hot Scientist
- Lady Swears A Lot
- Mad Scientist
- Scary Shiny Glasses: You never see her eyes. Ever.
- Shout-Out: Her name to The Wild World of Batwoman
Marvin the VelociraptorLibby's pet dinosaur.
- Cool Pet
- Cute but Cacophonic
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Raptor Attack: Averted, Marvin is about the size of a turkey and is mostly harmless.
- Non-Human Sidekick
JennaShannon and Murray's vaguely ethnic Token Human coworker. Sometimes the audience surrogate (on facial expressions alone), loves pink things and kittens.
- Ambiguously Brown
- Dark-Skinned Redhead
- Demoted to Extra: Almost had a bigger role than what she does.
- Glurge Addict
- No Last Name Given
- Transsexual: Jenna was assigned male at birth. This was just Word of Gay for a while, but in her recent appearances she definitely looks a lot less cis than she did originally.
EricAnother coworker of Murray's, Eric is a badly constructed Frankenstein's Monster who currently possesses the brain of advertising legend Leo Burnett and is sick of everyone else’s shenanigans..
- Frankenstein's Monster
- Only Sane Man
- Creating Life: Performed by a bunch of heavily stoned med students, hence his hilariously deformed appearance.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Nobody could argue that Eric looks normal.
AmoebaAnother commonly seen coworker at NTBD
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.