Characters: Batman Rogues Gallery
Batman has built up one of the biggest and most popular Rogues Galleries in the history of all media. Here are his deadliest and most recurring foes (though far from his only ones,):
- Anti-Villain: Not always but anytime there is a major city wide disaster many of the Villains work to help regain order, if only because said order benefits them more than utter chaos.
- Ax-Crazy: The majority of Batman's enemies are known to be a little...off.
- Cardboard Prison: Arkham Asylum cannot hold any of them for long. The Joker and Scarecrow have stated that they feel that Arkham is not so much a prison but a place to relax in between Evil Plans, and it's implied that the rest of the rogues view Arkham in a similar manner.
- Dysfunctional Family / Evil Is One Big Happy Family: Depends on the writer and/or the age of the comics, but the Batman's Rogues often are portrayed in this way, specially the Arkham's inmates. Joker in Death of the Family clearly maintains that the Batman's Rogues are the real Bat-Family, and not their sidekicks. They're actually one of the more tight-knit rogues galleries in the The DCU, after The Flash's Rogues, happily playing card games with each other or swapping stories about trying to kill Batman.
- Shadow Archetype: Many of Batman's villains display negative forms of his own traits. Joker had a bad day but channeled it differently, Scarecrow uses fear but indiscriminately, and so on.
- Technician Vs Performer: One thing the rogues do is that they're trying to make the death of Batman or their crimes works of art. As Penguin once said:Penguin: What is the point of the perfect crime if there is no one to witness it?