Video Game: Ninjabread Man
Ninjabread Man is an Action Adventure and Platform Game created by Data Design Interactive for the PS2, PC and Wii. After nearly being eaten by a foxy fox in the original story, The Gingerbread Man decides to learn self-defense. Now he's willing to kick butt as The Ninjabread Man, slashing baked enemies with his sword as he tries to learn more powerful moves.Although the PS2 version never came to light, the Wii version got lots of flack for its terrible controls and short game content, and gained notoriety for being one of many games made by the company that are just reskins of each other (including Anubis II, Myth Makers: Trixie In Toyland and Rock 'n' Roll Adventures.) Despite this, a sequel is being made for Europe only, but word about it seems to have all but vanished. And given that DDI disappeared in 2009, it's likely that the sequel is dead.
This game contains examples of:
- A Winner Is You: If you beat the game it goes black for a few seconds before going back to the title screen. Seriously.
- Badass Adorable: Or at least that's what they tried to do for the main character.
- Camera Screw: A lot of the difficulty in this game is caused by the faulty camera.
- Expy: The engine was used for other DDI games later on.
- Follow the Leader
- Game-Breaking Bug: In the PC version, at least, there is one platform in the first level that breaks the game completely. When you jump on it, the character suddenly disappears and you have no choice but to restart the level. And even then, this doesn't fix it — it corrupts the game with you falling through the ground endlessly, which can only be fixed by exiting and re-entering the level.
- Level Ate: Pretty much the setting of the whole game.
- No Ending
- Obvious Beta
- Self Plagiarism: DDI's other games (Trixie in Toyland, Anubis II, Rock 'n' Roll Adventures) are literally all reskins of this game. All four share the same HUD, and even some of the same music!
- Shovelware: Ninjabread Man could almost be the go-to game when describing Wii shovelware.
- You Shouldn't Know This Already: In the tutorial level, your ninja stars are ineffective against the practice dummy cupcakes as you haven't "learned" how to use ninja stars yet.