- Harry surviving Mab's idea of physical therapy.
- It should be noted that Mab's idea of physical therapy is a new and creative method of attempted murder each and every day for three months. And as a Faerie Queen, she has a lot of creativity at her disposal.
- Harry's verbal smackdown of Maeve, littered with call backs.
- Almost immediately after said verbal smackdown, Harry politically out-maneuvers Maeve, blows an ogre into bite-sized chunks of gore, repeats the stunt with an uppity Fae lord, and lays down the law in regards to the Faeries' interactions with mortals (while he's around).
- Even better - he starts his speech with "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up!"
- Another moment for Sarissa, for cleverly concealing iron in her hair sticks, using it on the aforementioned ogre, in front of Mab. For an analogy, Sarissa basically flaunted kryptonite in front of Superman.
- Becomes a moment of Fridge Brilliance when her relationship to Mab is revealed later, in that the only repercussion she faced is being asked to dispose of it safely. Mommy's fine with her protecting herself, just be careful!
- The fight at the bar. Harry shakes off Sharkface's mind-whammy, then chucks fire hotter than anything he's ever done at him, before punching him in the face with his fist encased in ice. Plus he ran through his own fire spell for the punch.
- Karrin Murphy's one woman Big Damn Heroes moment for Harry in the Botanical Gardens, which is quickly followed by Cat Sith's own. "Hey, weren't there seven of you guys a minute ago?"
- This exchange:
- Harry manages this by shooting and sidelining the Erlking aka Herne the Hunter and beating up Santa Claus. That certainly ranks with some of his most badass feats to date.
- Although he later realizes they let him win.
- Does that make it less awesome or more awesome? That means Erkling and Odin chose to bet on Harry, when they could have chosen to simply charge into battle themselves.
- Likewise, Harry and Murphy riding with The Wild Hunt on Murphy's magically tranformed Harley... across Lake Michigan. And they take on a small fleet full of Outsiders and their mortal minions, and still find time to fit in a Big Damn Kiss or two.
Karrin: You want me to drive into the lakeHarry: You have to admit, it isn't the craziest thing I've asked you to do. It isn't even the craziest thing I've asked you to do tonight.Karrin: You're right. Let's go.
- Although he later realizes they let him win.
- While being mind raped by an Outsider, by sheer force of will, Harry breaks the control then basically forces the thing to give him its name and provide him with the knowledge necessary to beat it.
- Harry: "I AM HARRY BLACKSTONE COPPERFIELD DRESDEN! Thrice, I command thee! Thrice, I bid thee! By my name I command thee! Tell me who you are!"Sharkface: I AM GATEBREAKER, HARBINGER! I AM FEARGIVER, HOPESLAYER! I AM HE-WHO-WALKS-BEFORE!
- Harry is fighting Sharkface. He almost uses the power of the Well, which he has been warned not to use, because he is hopelessly outclassed. As >e puts it "What else did I have?" And then- Crunch, crunch, crack. Crunch, crunch, Crack.
No, wait. I knew this song. It was more like stomp, stomp, clap.Harry (to the very unsettled Sharkface): "You didn't see this coming, didja?"And then the Water Beetle, the entire goddamned ship, exploded out from under a veil that had rendered it and the water it displaced and every noise it had made undetectable not only to me, but to a small army of otherworldly monstrosities and their big, bad Walker general too.
- "What else did I have? I had friends.
- He then shuts it down by shoving a gun into its mouth and blowing it away, channeling a spell through the barrel as he pulls the trigger.
Harry:"Hey, Sharkface! Get rocked."
- And he did it to the tune of Queen's We Will Rock You.
- Harry finally throws down with Fix while naked and without a single weapon outside of a rusty nail and his knowledge of the island. He uses that along with some well placed taunts to dominate the fight.
"And for the first time in a decade the Winter Knight and Summer Knight went to war.
- Plus after resolving their differences, the subsequent team-up to take on Maeve's retainers.
- Every time Mab is ever referenced, Harry makes it a point to tell everyone how powerful and frightening she is. During the climax, after Maeve is shot dead and Molly becomes the new Winter Lady, Harry ensures everyone is safe within the cottage on Demonreach, pulls Mab aside, and very quickly and calmly puts a gun to her head and shakes her down for answers. Later, when the gun is pointed at Harry's head he says:
- Toot and the Za Lord's Guard putting up a fight against hostile Little Folk that Harry compares to 300. Complete with equating Toot himself to King Leonidas.
- Harry defies the force of will attack of MOTHER WINTER.
- Hell, Harry surviving what Mother Winter probably views as a civil conversation.
- Molly manages to make an illusionary fog large enough to completely conceal an entire boat and its wake, despite being over water, which makes it much harder to work magic.
- A lesser, but still awesome, example of Molly's power: She manages to completely and flawlessly veil the hearse Harry has been given by Mab. While driving it. While having a rather detailed conversation with Harry. All at the same time. Harry is simultaneously proud and impressed.
- And later on, she manages to veil the boat.
- A small, subtle one for Mac. When an Outsider demands Harry leave Mc Anally's and give himself up to it, he tells Mac that he'll take the fight outside if he wants him to. In answer Mac, already holding a pistol grip shotgun, answers by pumping said shotgun and placing a heavy caliber automatic pistol on the counter within easy reach.
- Some mention has to made of Demonreach. It is the guardian of a supernatural prison where six Naagloshii (horrifically vicious and powerful Native American spirits, one of which nearly killed Harry in a previous book) are considered the least.