Casshan: Robot Hunter is the English title of a 4-episode OVA, a retelling of an anime series known as Neo Human Casshern.In a World devastated by a Robot War, humanity clings to existence, enslaved by a society of Ridiculously Human Robots backed by Mecha-Mooks, all under the command of the dreaded Black King-1, the robotic tyrant who overthrew humanity. Into this wasteland wanders a stranger, a wandering without name or past. Casshan, the title Robot Hunter — an incredibly powerful cyborg with a hatred for all Neoroids and a burning desire to slay the Black King-1.Over the course of the four episodes, Casshan is eventually revealed to be Tetsuya Azuma, son of Dr. Kotaro Azuma, the scientist reviled by humanity for creating the Neoroids and particularly the Black King-1. Mortally injured early in the uprising, Tetsuya converted himself into an android warrior so that he could destroy his father's creation.Galvanised by chance interactions with some of the few remaining human fighters, Casshan finally confronts his archenemy in a battle neither of them can survive...
- Artificial Human: Casshan. A Ridiculously Human Robot of the "Hollywood Cyborg driven by a Ghost in the Machine" variety.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: Tetsuya's soul rejoins that of his parents and the three become a beam of light that activates the failsafe to shut down the evil robots.
- Dub Name Change: Braiking Boss -> Black King-1
- Godiva Hair: During the execution Luna's hair perfectly covers her nipple in most close-up shots. Only when she's mentally saying goodbye to Tetsuya does the wind leave the breast completely bare.
- Gorn: Casshan: Robot Hunter milks the fact all its enemies are Mecha-Mooks for all it's worth. Casshan literally tears his enemies apart with his bare hands — the first OVA has one Ridiculously Human Robot get its eye punched so hard it smashes, and then his head is literally ripped off of its shoulders and presented to its master, artery-like wires and cables dangling, living long enough to gurgle a final hail to the Black King.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Casshan manages to defeat the Black King, but at the cost of his robotic body wearing down and him dying.
- La Résistance: Luna works for them, and supplies them with the plans to her anti-robot gun.
- Rewarded as a Traitor Deserves: Happens to the human prisoner who betrays Luna and his fellow prisoners' escape attempt, under the assumption that he'd be freed.
- Samus Is a Girl: Luna
- Shameful Strip: Happens to Luna while she's imprisoned on a crucifix.
- Shrouded in Myth: The Black King doesn't even believe that Casshan exists until the end of the first episode, and most of the other characters think of him as a legend until his Big Damn Heroes moment.