Angel Tales is an anime about Gorō Mutsumi, a young guy without much luck. Then one day a fortune teller enchants his cell phone and causes 12 of his deceased former pets/animals he encountered in childhood to appear in his room in the form of girls between the ages of 7 and 18, all calling him "master" and competing for his affections. That's...about it, really. It's worth a watch if you're into that sort of thing.In the second season, the master-maid element is toned down, and becomes much more like a family drama. The girls try to be normal (at least as normal as possible given the circumstances) and magic is used much less. Also the characters receive a greater amount of character development.
This series provides examples of:
- Animal Motifs (occasionally)
- Beach Episode
- Cat Girl: And every other -girl imaginable.
- Claustrophobia: Ayumi's fear. In fact, EVERY girl has a phobia, relating to the way she died.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: Akane's mother thinks so, for good reason: she was killed by them. Akane doesn't agree, even though she also was.
- Mega Nekko: Tamami (the cat), in the first season anyway.
- No Periods, Period: Averted.
- Petting Zoo People
- Spinoff: The Boys Love series Saint Beast was a spinoff, but with only the Saint Beasts and Goddess common characters.
- True Companions: More of this than a traditional harem, though there's still enough romantic tension to go around.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: The Saint Beasts.
- Zettai Ryouiki