- Ending Fatigue: The last chapter is really just rehashing things London has already shown us.
- Jerkass Woobie: White Fang, for most of the book.
- Nightmare Fuel: In the Disney film, the sequence during the first thirty minutes or so of the film in which the human characters are being stalked by the wolf pack. Also the fact, that they used the female wolf to lure one of the husky dogs to his demise. A human character goes after his dog, the wolves on his tail, and he is killed offscreen. You can hear it.
- Retroactive Recognition: In the film, White Fang is played by Jed, who famously played The Dog-Thing.
- Slow-Paced Beginning: The book starts with a handful of humans that White Fang's parents are hunting. Our hero isn't even born until about the fifth chapter, and isn't named for a few more chapters after that.
YMMV / White Fang