- Broken Base:
- Some readers say they would preferred to have Weaver and her Society remain vague background workers rather than get fleshed out. Others had the opposing viewpoint, that Weaver should have stayed the POV character all the way.
- Some readers think the Leviathan fight is getting too grimdark, with a constant stream of character deaths and Leviathan pulling out ever more powerful New Powers as the Plot Demands. Other think this is one of the few fanfic examples of an Endbringer fight that truly shows just how powerful the monsters are, and it is more a case of Desperation Attack.
- Crazy Awesome: The Society, because what else can you call an organisation that chains nuclear Launcher Moves or creates fake Simurghs as a distraction?
- Genius Bonus: Weaver's Society has a cape named Derrida. His namesake was the founder of literary deconstruction. The cape's power is physical deconstruction.
- Shocking Moments: The Society tries using replicas of The Simurgh to psyche out Leviathan, as well as gauge his reactions and senses. While the success of that experiment is debatable, it caused a panicked retreat among the Protectorate force.
YMMV / Weaver Nine