- Awesome Music: As with every game in the Wario Land franchise, Virtual Boy Wario Land has a very good soundtrack with some extremely memorable and badass tracks, notable contenders include the title theme, the themes of the first two stages The underwater theme and the final boss theme.
- Even Better Sequel: fans who have played Virtual Boy Wario Land often considered it to be a much better game than its predecessor Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 due to it taking the same general mechanics and gameplay of the former and giving it a ton of refinement and improvements.
- It's Short, So It Sucks!: One of the only criticisms towards the game is the short length as the game only lasts around 2 hours at the most.
- Nightmare Fuel: The final boss of Virtual Boy Wario Land, Demon Head, is one of the most frightening-looking final bosses in the Wario Land series.◊ The background and music during it don't help much either.
- Vindicated by History: While VB Wario Land was always praised, it received mixed reviews at the time and was quickly overshadowed and forgotten by its later sequels. The fact that it was on the ill-fated Virtual Boy didn't help its case either. However, in the years that have passed since, it has grown a bit of a following among the Wario Fandom with many seeing it as not only largely superior to the first Wario Land, but one of the best titles in the Wario Land franchise as a whole.
YMMV / Virtual Boy Wario Land