- Author's Saving Throw: "The Machine Churian Candidate" was a non-musical episode written by the creator to replace the lackluster "Sound of Music" musical version.
- Broken Base: Some fans do enjoy "The Sound of Music" but many others dislike it.
- Catharsis Factor: After wiping out most of the Elite Guard, Megatron thoroughly kicks Sentinel's Aft and chews him out on his selfishness and incompetence which is something fans are waiting for.
- Creator Backlash: Even the creator didn't like "The Sound of Music". Hence why the episode is replaced with a new, better version.
- Heartwarming Moments:
- Ratchet and Fanzone's friendship remains despite the ten years of separation. After informing him about losing his job in the police force and divorced with his wife, Ratchet decides to let Fanzone stay at their place.
- Waspinator finally restored to his Cybertronian form and thanks Bumblebee for saving him.
- Jerk Ass Woobie: After listening to their backstories, you can't help but feel sorry for SUV.
- Nanosec lamented that he could have gotten a well paid job but instead his laziness costed him to wind up in prison.
- Archer only wanted to act smart hence why he talk in Shakspearian. This resulted in his wife leaving him because she was too embarrassed to be with him.
- Slo-Mo had no purpose in life and being a super-villain was the only thing she had.
- Professor Princess reveals she isn't even a child anymore which is sad in itself.
- Moment of Awesome: Meta. The Creator of the series took the cancelled plans to Season 4, mix with his own ideas and made a satisfying conclusion to the series.
- In-universe, Cliffjumper being promoted to the rank of Prime, albeit offscreen.
- Moral Event Horizon:
- Megatron intentionally cause the Triple Changer incident that resulted in Blitzwing to become the insane bot we knew today.
- Upon hearing that Earth will be cyberformed, Sentinel orders his men to pull back and abandons Optimus, his team and the populace to be killed so that he could get an easy victory over the Decepticons.
- The Scrappy: To say Cade might be more hated than Sentinel Prime would be an understatement. At his worst, he actually had the gall to persuade Sari to leave behind her Autobot friends even when the Decepticons are so close to victory which would lead to the suffering of countless lives all over the universe. Breaking up with him was Sari's best decision and where the fans have much rejoicing.
YMMV / Transformers Animated Season 4