- Author's Saving Throw:
- After the reaction of the redesigns from VeggieTales in the House/City and Mr. Nezzer being replaced by Ichabeezer, the new show tries to bring the characters back to their original looks seems to be an effort to do this. However, they kept the mouth riggings used from the Netflix redesigns to still make it feel like the show evolved while keeping core to the original designs.
- Some fans weren't too pleased with how Larry-Boy is part of a superhero team rather then just working by himself since his last outing prior to the Netflix series, so the staff did a solo Larry-Boy episode. Not only that, but they brought Awful Alvin and Lampy as a unexpected characters after Big Idea shunned the Cartoon Series for years.
- Heartwarming in Hindsight: The very first episode is about Bob and Larry trying to get the gang back together for the show. Bob goes nuts over the show and gets so caught in wanting to stay true to his vision, that he ignores everyone elses ideas. At the end, Bob feels bad for how he acted and apologizes to his friends, realizing he lost sight of what truly mattered. In a way, its Phil Vischer apologizing for the hardships that came to Big Idea in the past twenty years.
- It's the Same, So It Sucks: Not of the show itself, but rather the structure of episodes. Excluding the Larry Boy episodes, they always start off with Larry coming into alert Bob, whos busy doing something, only for a problem to arise in the studio, Petunia reading off a letter that relates to the issue with Bob wanting to hurry to come up with a story before Mr. Nezzer tells them they have a ridiculously short amount of time until the show starts, as well as a hastily put together first act before Pa Grape comes in to save the issue with a Bible story. In comparison to the original, in where while there was a certain way the structure of the show started, some would have one or two stories contained in their episodes, as well as different situations the characters get into. It ultimately can make the writing on the new show feel stale.
- Unexpected Character: Who knew that Awful Alvin would make an appearance?
- Win Back the Crowd: Needless to say, everyone was glad to see the series return to its roots.
YMMV / The VeggieTales Show