The series features Bob the Tomato, Larry the Cucumber and their friends venturing out of the kitchen countertop once again to host the show in a theater owned by Mr. Nezzer as they use it to tell stories in the form of plays in front of a live audience.
The series is produced by TBN in conjunction with Universal. Episodes frequently release on TBN's streaming service, Yippee.
- Art Evolution: The visuals have gotten a major bump in quality compared to the previous productions.
- The Bus Came Back: Mr. Nezzer returns in this series after being replaced by Ichabeezer in VeggieTales in the House.
- Awful Alvin and Lampy from LarryBoy: The Cartoon Adventures make their first appearance in CGI in "Larry Boy and the Angry Eyebrows Trouble."
- Celeb Crush: In "The Power of Love", Laura Carrot gets a crush on teen pop idol Jimmy Lucky. The other characters teach her that love isn't just a feeling, it's also a doing, and Loving a Shadow isn't good for you. The episode also includes the Biblical story of Ruth and Boaz.
- Christmas Episode: The premiere is "The Best Christmas Gift", which is retelling the Birth of Jesus Christ.
- The Eponymous Show: The VeggieTales Show.
- The Pollyanna: In "A Lifetime Supply of Joy", Larry learns that true joy is being happy even when things are rough. The veggies tell the story of how Paul and Silas were joyful even though they were in prison.
- Revisiting the Roots: After the changes made in VeggieTales in the House/City, the show seems to be doing this by going back to the style of the older shows.